#502 High Tech Toys
/forum/topic/1115885/0

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7040

This is an electric RC quadcopter. Missle technology has allowed the miniaturization of three gyros to be incorporated into the small circuit board that stabilizes the craft. They are lots of fun for all ages.

BertoBuckeye
Total Posts: 105

Been wanting to play with one of these and my gopro

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3626

interesting toys Mark. I like the focus point, right on all the high tech bits.

Klaus Priebe
Total Posts: 9590

Really cool toy and looks like a blast to play with. A friend of my Dad used to fly RC copters years ago.

weissj
Total Posts: 794

Really interesting photo idea. The fact that it's floating in the air combined with your depth of field really gives it extra pop. My only gripe is that bit of toe that got cropped out at the bottom.

mark fadely

BertoBuckeye wrote:
Been wanting to play with one of these and my gopro

Thanks for the comment. I also love those gopros. I've seen so many incredible vids from them. High Tech is great.

mark fadely

Travis Rhoads wrote:
interesting toys Mark. I like the focus point, right on all the high tech bits.

Hi there Travis. Thanks for the nice comment on my lame shot Not too creative this week. But it is high tech.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3626

No worries mark...you kinda killed it the last two weeks...someone else's turn!

mark fadely

Klaus Priebe wrote:
Really cool toy and looks like a blast to play with. A friend of my Dad used to fly RC copters years ago.

Thanks Klaus. These little quadcopters are really fun. I really wanted to find a cat to attack it and then get a cool shot of that, but it wasn't to be.

mark fadely

weissj wrote:
Really interesting photo idea. The fact that it's floating in the air combined with your depth of field really gives it extra pop. My only gripe is that bit of toe that got cropped out at the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. The flying machine is really cool and I feel I didn't do it justice with this boring photo, plus like you say, the toe is cut off. As I said, if I could have found a willing and playful cat then this photo could have been a winner I'm sure of it. I'm imagining a scene where the cat is also flying through the air to pounce on it. Oh, the things that could have been!

mark fadely

Travis Rhoads wrote:
No worries mark...you kinda killed it the last two weeks...someone else's turn!

Thanks Travis,

It has been pretty incredible to have two weeks like this. Now back to reality and racking the brain to come up with good ideas for the WA. I'm surprised how elusive this week's assignment was. High tech sounds easy, but alas, once again it was a fooler for me.

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1327

mark fadely wrote:
I'm surprised how elusive this week's assignment was. High tech sounds easy, but alas, once again it was a fooler for me.

You got that right, Mark; and all my ideas (macros of the rainbows in a camera sensor, DVD, or CD, or closeups of transistors, circuit boards, etc.) just wouldn't appear on the monitor like they did in my head...Still, you had to work for this one, and it came out well; shooting down through a flying object wasn't easy, but it made the operator and his concentration visible, and, like Travis said, the focal point on the electronic motor parts is perfect...

I admit I opened your entry last - I had to cultivate a mood of contemplative introspection, expecting to find your take on social commentary and "high tech"... But so many of this week's entries made me smile, I just gave up on that... End-of-school-year obligations and graduations kept me off the computer for most of the week, so I didn't get a chance to see folks' entries until we're down to the wire here...

Anyway, good work this week, and if you had kept up your pace of the last two weeks, the rest of us would eventually just give up and stop posting entries!

Jerry

mark fadely

Tenn.Jer wrote:
mark fadely wrote:

I admit I opened your entry last - I had to cultivate a mood of contemplative introspection, expecting to find your take on social commentary and "high tech"...

Jerry

Jerry, that's some funny stuff You cracked me up!