#502 Schick
/forum/topic/1115479/0

WreckerOne
Total Posts: 3

An early version of the Schick electric razor that was my grandfathers, at one time a piece of "High Tech".

My first submission, these weekly assignments look like fun.

zquaratella
Total Posts: 261

Nice take on this week's theme.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3881

Cool that you still have it. A nice piece of history, nicely presented.

WreckerOne
Total Posts: 3

Thanks guys, I just got into photography about two weeks ago when I bought my first dslr. That image was taken with my T2i and a canon 50mm f/1.8. Its funny how a decent camera really peaked my interest in photography when I could finally get crisp images.

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7085

Nice shot and welcome to the WA. So you get into photography two weeks ago and come up with this great shot? I think you need to go post over in the "Gear vs Talent" thread cause a lot of people in there are talking about how much training you need to do stuff like this

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1524

Fine first submission here, WreckerOne; you've used the wide-open aperture masterfully, the grooves in the metal are nice and crisp, and most of the lettering, too. The other razor is smoothly OOF (out-of-focus), and in a nice position...I wonder about the colored objects, though; don't forget to watch for things way back there...they do give the Schick a Martian (antennae?) look!

Welcome, and keep it up; these WA's are fun, and give a person (me) ideas I wouldn't have had...
Jerry