#501 world war 2 factory
/forum/topic/1113419/0

chovan
Total Posts: 27

This is an abandoned factory that made torpedos, etc. for world war 2.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 4780

the abandoned aspect comes through, seems a bit over exposed, there looks like there might be good texture on the glass and window mullions that could be interesting.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3163

Welcome for your first post, allot of factories abandoned , but even then you can find some beauty in whats left.

Norm

chovan

Thanks for the input! This is one of many photos I took of the old factory. Maybe this wasn't the best shot to submit for this assignment. I should have tried the auto mode instead of stopping the camera down. I'll work on keeping things at a better exposure. How would you rate the composition? I'm stoked about joining FM.com.

There is a lot of history there, good and bad.
Best,
Steve

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 4780

As far as composition, I would have tried to line up the window mullions/frame with the borders of the image, not always centered, but at least lined up, they have good texture. Expose for those areas, as it is, it looks metered for a weighted average, causing the darks to be visible, but the highlights are blown.

chovan

I have no objection to you posting the re-working of the photo I submitted.
Best,
Steve

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7130

Welcome Steve. Nice idea for the shot. You've gotten some good advice from travis and Barb. I hope to see you back with another entry next week.