#501 Left to fend for theirself
/forum/topic/1113289/0

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3157

Helpless pets abandoned and discarded by their owners left out in the wild to fend for themselves, only most are killed by coyotes or hit by cars when they are crossing roads, you can't catch them they run away , if you do catch them and take them to an animal shelter most end up being euthanized .
Not far from my home a man left all his animals loose and then killed himself, tigers, bears , mountain lions, you name it, so to protect the community they went out and killed most of them, only a small amount was captured and now they gave them back to a relative , don't make sense does it.

Norm

robert829
Total Posts: 535

sad about that man who killed himself but true story about the pets being euthanized on some animal shelter.Thats why i encourage some people looking for pets to check out animal shelter first
before i forgot i love this shot norm, well captured

Hightraxx

Thanks Robert, too many people think they are all cute at first then find they can't take good care of them so they release them and forget about it instead of finding them a good home. The man who released all those animals didn't think if someone could of been killed when he did that or just didn't care.

Norm

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 2038

Animals are a full time commitment and can be expensive to care for properly, nicely captured.

Hightraxx

Thanks for your comment Oregon Gal, your right but i don't think too many people don't understand that.

Norm

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7085

Good idea norm. As I mentioned, I do remember the story of the released animals and how sad it was to have to kill them.

birdied
Total Posts: 23877

Nice shot, Norm. We have a large problem here with stray cats since Katrina.

Birdie

Hightraxx

Thanks Mark, Im sure its not the last time something like that happens

Norm

Hightraxx

Thanks Birdie, I seen at least three others today someone has left go. Sad to see them like that, but can't save them all.

Norm

James Markus
Total Posts: 4444

I use to shoot once a month at the humane society for the newspaper. I hated it, because I knew a bunch of the animals wouldn't be adopted. Over the years I got most of my pets there, and the last photo shoot there got me Ciara. A little black Bombay cat with an attitude. I like your tie-in to this weeks theme, Norm. To give you a little hope...my neighbor kicked a cat out of their house for digging in their house plants. He came to our house and charmed his way in...past the three other cats we already have...and won all of us over. I hope a few of the feral cats will attempt the same in your area.