#501 The Homestead
/forum/topic/1112961/0

Rick Joyce
Total Posts: 6235

Homestead

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Nice shot Rick. The weathered wood really stands out as does the abandoned, boarded up window. I wonder what that board was there for?

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1507

I like that you left the colors in this; the reddish tones in the weathered wood give it a western, frontier look I've only seen in the western mountains. Especially since the tree, though young and probably living, also has the same tones in the bark - nice contrast of similarities...
Good ol' rule-of-thirds draws the eye to the corner and the intersecting walls...
Very Good entry, Rick...
Jerry

Rick Joyce

Thanks to everyone. I'm not certain of the reason for the boards across the windows, but I'll ask some of the local ranchers.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3819

Nice entry Rick, well done. I wonder if the boards are to discourage entry by unwanteds...people or critters.

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 2036

The image works well in color. It accentuates the age and the weathered wood of the house.

robert829
Total Posts: 535

cool shot there

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3157

Cool shot. When I was a young man I ask my father why people put shutters on their window, and he said , when they are open your welcome but when they are closed your not, made good sense then , even now when windows glass is missing and there is a board across the window still means the same.

Norm

Rick Joyce

Travis Rhoads wrote:
Nice entry Rick, well done. I wonder if the boards are to discourage entry by unwanteds...people or critters.

The boards were put over the windows as you say to keep out cattle in this open range.