#500 At Home in the Country
/forum/topic/1111525/0

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 2054

Taken during the full moon last night, so quiet and peaceful. The foreground was shot just as the sun was setting as they light this house which just ruins it for photographers. The shot was in front of an Historic home built in 1874 about an hour from my home and although I do live in the country in a renovated farmhouse built in 1932 I knew I would get a better foreground here due to the positioning of the rising moon. I love the Photographer's Ephemeris

EDIT: Revised Pic

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1524

Perfect timing; I like the way the shadows from unseen objects (trees or brush maybe?) all point toward the house - and the full moon.
Good Work.
Jerry

Oregon Gal

Thanks Jerry. The shadows are from fencing and shrubs. Tripod was placed straddling the fence to get the shot.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3881

great capture of that moon...I tried while I was out of town this weekend to shoot that moon...horribly unsuccessful though...you did a great job.

twistedlim
Total Posts: 3127

Nice shot. Colors are perfect, you can feel the sun setting and the wind settling down.
Great catch with the moon as well.

Hightraxx
Total Posts: 3157

Really nice capture and great time of day.

Norm

Oregon Gal

Travis, it would of been nice to capture it in one shot although really not possible due to the faster shutter speed required to capture the detail in the moon without blowing the exposure. I would have liked to capture the house under the moonlight but that was not to be. I do have the phone number for the gentlemen who is a caretaker for the property. I should call him and arrange the lights to be off one evening so I can try and capture star trails with the home in the foreground. Maybe try a little light painting

Oregon Gal

Rich it wasn't exactly what I would have like to capture but it was the best I could due under the circumstances. Glad you like the colors but that was due to the warmth of the setting sun.

Oregon Gal

Norm, glad you like the capture and time of day. I am including a Raw file converted to Tiff but no other adjustments other than a slight rotate to see what the home looks like with the lights on. This is one shot. The moon is visible just behind the left back side of the home.

nburwell
Total Posts: 3438

I really love the placement and incorporation of the moon in your original image. Very nice work!

-Nick

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7089

Very nicely done Barb. This looks like a fantastic home and the processing you did is quite elegant.

robert829
Total Posts: 538

Nice shot !!is this house abandoned? Scary

Oregon Gal

Nick, glad you like the placement and incorporation of the moon. I put it in it's approximate location as that is the way it is rising.

Oregon Gal

Mark, yes it's an interesting house built originally by the owner. Scattered farm equipment around exterior of home, items in home, still furnished even a working stove in the kitchen. Next weekend is the annual open house, I have to go because they have some baby shoes on an old high chair in the bedroom which I would like to re-shoot among other items.

Oregon Gal

Robert, actually it's my dream vacation home fully furnished and all Just kidding although it's fully furnished.

James Markus
Total Posts: 4467

A lovely home - I like both photos...your choice.

kellermsu
Total Posts: 954

Excellent photo. I would have a hard time deciding between the two. I think I could spend some time there.

Jim

Oregon Gal

James, I have always been attracted to older homes with character or any type of architecture. Glad you like the photos.

Oregon Gal

Jim, at one time I wanted to live in a log cabin as they can be so beautiful and full of character. This photo just reminds me of a simpler time.

smallrewards
Total Posts: 105

yea, i missed this one for some reason, but that is an incredible capture man. Very nice