My Harper's BAZAAR Cover + Video
/forum/topic/1108547/0

benjikan
Total Posts: 1522

If anyone is interested in seeing my Harper's BAZAAR Cover, Editorial & Video, you can check it out here:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/y3fu

Kory Lidstrom
Total Posts: 818

Congrats! Nice image, the girl's eyes are mesmerizing.

benjikan

Thanks a lot :-)

hugop
Total Posts: 242

Yes those eyes are something and your work is stunning!! You know I'm a huge fan.. Hugo

Thomas73
Total Posts: 46

benjikan wrote:
If anyone is interested in seeing my Harper's BAZAAR Cover, Editorial & Video, you can check it out here:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/y3fu

Great shots Ben!! I really like the lights that surround the model!

May I ask you which gears you used for these shots?

Sincères félicitations! L'amateur que je suis est admiratif!

benjikan

I used a Miltblitz Monobloc lighting system with my own customized Hard Box and Scrims to control the light spread. Slow shutter speed as well, using a Pentax DSLR and a 16-50 & 50-135 mm f2.8 lenses.

mdude85
Total Posts: 4388

Great images! Would be interesting to see the images as they appeared straight out of the camera.

benjikan

mdude85 wrote:
Great images! Would be interesting to see the images as they appeared straight out of the camera.

They were much better...We had to make them look worse, as not to intimidate my competition. Kind of a humanitarian shoot, so to speak

edgately
Total Posts: 98

Wonderful work Ben. The complete set start to finish... just wonderful. The video goes a long way to also showcase a very talented model. Such poise and spot on movement.

nosaya
Total Posts: 57

Lovely stuff. Awesome styling. Easy to see why she is a 'supermodel'.
Most impressive results from tight quarters. I am always amazed when a photographer can pull off such shots on a hotel room.

mdude85
Total Posts: 4388

Haha, makes sense Ben

As FYI... you may want to contact Harpers to see about the implication of putting your copyright on printed work such as magazine cover published by Harpers, as most likely the image and the cover are copyrighted separately. I'm sure it is located somewhere in your contract.

benjikan

mdude85 wrote:
Haha, makes sense Ben

As FYI... you may want to contact Harpers to see about the implication of putting your copyright on printed work such as magazine cover published by Harpers, as most likely the image and the cover are copyrighted separately. I'm sure it is located somewhere in your contract.

I Don't quite understand what you are talking about and I am not concerned. My relationship with them is exemplary.

MrFotografer
Total Posts: 65

STUNNING work, Ben!!

benjikan

MrFotografer wrote:
STUNNING work, Ben!!

Thanks a whole BUNCH!