#496 1 second... Made by the power of 10!
/forum/topic/1102495/0

Matt Ward
Total Posts: 282

I could not decide upon a subject, so I decided that I would play on my own urban fear... crime! I have always lived in rural IL and worked in our central IL urban area and the one thing I do not like about it is the level of crime.

mark fadely
Total Posts: 7082

Good idea and the macro shot of the bullet is well done.

Oregon Gal
Total Posts: 1882

A very creative take on the the WA. You've captured some great detail.

Travis Rhoads
Total Posts: 3772

The backstory is crucial to the image, the image alone is successful, but the story ties it to the theme.

Matt Ward

I wish that I could have brought more of the concrete into focus. But to stay with macro, I just could not.

BennyR
Total Posts: 1423

Couple of things you could have done to achieve that. Back off the subject to allow for a much greater DoF. Since the photo's have to be 640 pixels across this allows you to "crop to fit." That should achieve much great DoF. Also you could do a focus blend.
10mm, what a great caliber. Don't see them much.

Matt Ward

Tough call, I also wanted the headstamp clear since it worked into the story.

Matt

Tenn.Jer
Total Posts: 1427

I'll admit to "big-city paranoia", too, Matt, so the pic and the story work for me...
(in all honesty, when I lived in a city [Portland, OR] for long enough to get to know it, I was only paranoid in the areas I knew were unsafe for me... )
Good photograph; Benny's recommendations above are about the only ways to increase DOF...the pull back and crop method would still keep the headstamp sharply focussed, it would just reduce mega-pixels a bit - no problem for web display.

Jerry

WarVet
Total Posts: 46

I had a very similar idea, only it was the front end of a hollow-point. I decided not to post it after seeing yours. It would look too much like I'm trying to rip-off your idea. One thing for sure: Bullets are fun to shoot with a camera or with a gun!