99              578       579       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 12609

michael49 wrote:
A few recent ones with the X-E1.....

love that second one!

Camtography
Total Posts: 52

This was from last week's Farmer's market in Edmonton Alberta Canada.

Taken with the 18-55

Farmer's Market-5 by Camtography, on Flickr

Farmer's Market-8 by Camtography, on Flickr

michael49 I really love the colours in the last image.

justruss
Total Posts: 6528

alba63 wrote:
Great shot indeed, but I find it a bit overprocessed - less is more. It also looks a bit oversharpened and therefore harsh...

cheers
Bernie

I agree with Bernie. The shot really is fantastic. And I like the high-contrast, dark image.

The overprocessed feeling I get is mainly from HDR-ish looking features in the clouds and a few other places. I think it's just a touch overbaked. But this is of course subjective. And I love the image overall.

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1708

Thanks to this thread I now own an X-E1 and 14mm. And I intend to get the 55-200mm ASAP. It will replace what remains of my Canon system and should be a great complement to the RX1.

Jordan, I really like your train photo. The rough processing suits the scene. It almost looks a bit surreal.
mfoto, your photo with the Dodge and interesting street art is great! Nice composition and processing.

One from my first day with the camera:

Uståsen by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jman13
Total Posts: 13007

Two quick shots with the X-E1 and Rokinon 85/1.4, wide open:

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

HelenaN wrote:
Thanks to this thread I now own an X-E1 and 14mm. And I intend to get the 55-200mm ASAP. It will replace what remains of my Canon system and should be a great complement to the RX1.

I think you will like it Helena, it really is a nice system. At this point I only have the 35 1.4 and the 18-55, but both are excellent - the zoom has really surprised me with how good it is. The 14mm is on my list.

corposant
Total Posts: 2960

HelenaN wrote:

Welcome to the thread, Helena!

TheGloriousEnd
Total Posts: 22

Helena, I really enjoyed looking through your stream!
------------------------------------------
A shot from a few months back that somehow never made it onto my flickr stream....
Taken in Lorida, Florida (seriously).
Odd little place, but I've gotten a few quite nice landscapes there!

This Land of Mine by The Glorious End, on Flickr

As an aside, I always have found the xe-1 autofocus to be quite decent. Then again, I usually just manual focus when the light gets low, so I suppose that skews my opinion. Now if they'd just make lenses that don't use that horrible focus by wire system!

HelenaN

Thanks for the friendly welcome, especially TheGloriousEnd! Nice golden tones in your landscape.

On my previous visit I must have had browser problems, because there are more photos on this page now. For example a nice set from Michael (I really like #2) that didn't show up before. Weird.

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1229

Welcome Helena! Glorious end - great shot!

I received my 55-200 this morning and leave for Yellowstone tomorrow! Won't be back until after July 4th - but will post when I get back!

KatieInTexas

Double post

KatieInTexas

Triple post - stupid iPhone!

johnahill
Total Posts: 3390

Helena - Welcome.

The X-E1 + 14mm is a nice combo, here's one tonight, colours are a bit ott, must switch off Velvia colour once in a while. I had no grads with me so exposed for the sky and bought up the shadows in Lightroom.

jonrock
Total Posts: 559

johnahill wrote:

The X-E1 + 14mm is a nice combo, here's one tonight, colours are a bit ott, must switch off Velvia colour once in a while. I had no grads with me so exposed for the sky and bought up the shadows in Lightroom.

I actually like the colors in this one though. You guys are really making me think of picking the 14mm at this point though I kind of want to see how good the 10-24mm is first.

BokehBeauty
Total Posts: 386

A postcard from Venice
Handheld 18..55mm @35 wide open

HelenaN

Katie, thank you! Hope you'll have a great trip and that the 55-200 will live up to our expectations (I'll receive mine some time next week).

Thanks John!
While the colors may be a bit unrealistic I like the result. Amazing sky and I have a soft spot for lone trees with lots of character.

We went on a little car trip today and I took some photos with the X-E1 and 14mm, and am very impressed. I won't hesitate to sell my Canon gear now.

corposant
Total Posts: 2960

xenor
Total Posts: 115

X-E1 with Canon TS-E 90
Lupine

Jeffrey
Total Posts: 10810

XPro1 & 60mm macro

cputeq
Total Posts: 6043

^ Nice florals - I really need to try out that 60mm