BokehBeauty
Total Posts: 386

And one from earlier this year
18..55 @55mm, F11

MagicNikon
Total Posts: 2073

AbramG
Total Posts: 2898

Here's some more from me all this past week. X-Pro 1 + XF 35mm (until I get another lens)

Untitled. by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

Squirrel #1 by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

Squirrel #2 by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 661

Nice, AbramG!

AbramG
Total Posts: 2898

Thanks! I appreciate that.

bigkidneys
Total Posts: 1012

MagicNikon wrote:

I know NOLA when I see it. Lol. Heading there tonight myself!

umsl12
Total Posts: 298

How do you guys like 28mm f2 compare to 35mm f1.4 ?

I made my order last night with the kit and 35 1/4; however, the 35 was back order from Amazon seller. They estimate ship day in July !!! I almost replaced it by 18mm f2 but then thought the 35mm is more popular.

What do you think about 18mm f2?

Thanks

umsl12

Jman13 wrote:
Two from tonight...the second is sort of a test shot, since I got the 18-55 today. Have to shoot a lot more with it. Seems good, but need lots more shooting. First is with the 35/1.4, second with the 18-55.

Amazing portraits! I think skin tone from Fuji is the best !

Jman13
Total Posts: 13004

Thanks! Here's a shot from Chicago...slowly going through all these and processing them. X-E1 with 35/1.4 @ f/4.

cputeq
Total Posts: 6039

Very nice Jordan. Did you drop m43 or keep it?

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 661

Excellent shot, Jordan!

Jman13

cputeq wrote:

I have both. I use the Fuji a lot, but I reach for the OM-D when I need to get the shot. For instance, when my son was born last week, I took 5 pics with the Fuji and over 100 with the OM-D.

CVickery
Total Posts: 2905

Jman13 wrote:
cputeq wrote:

I have both. I use the Fuji a lot, but I reach for the OM-D when I need to get the shot. For instance, when my son was born last week, I took 5 pics with the Fuji and over 100 with the OM-D.

Interesting comment Jordan. Why is that? I have the OM-D and just picked up a Fuji X-E1 and my sense so far is that the Fuji would perform better in uncertain (low) lighting, although the AF would be slower.

itai195
Total Posts: 1358

Congrats, Jordan!

When my daughter was born, I broke out the D800. In some situations, you just have to have a camera that you know will get the shot and perform how you expect when you need it to.

johnahill
Total Posts: 3389

Some great images here.
Jordan, how did you manage to get that chicago shot without perspective distortion/converging verticals?

Here'a a few more from my walk around the Temple area of London.
All 14mm

umsl12

xenor wrote:
Lupine

Xenor,

Is this shot straight out of the camera ? If so, I'm thrilled! Fuji's colors are really distinctive.

xenor
Total Posts: 115

umsl12 wrote:
xenor wrote:
Lupine

Xenor,

Is this shot straight out of the camera ? If so, I'm thrilled! Fuji's colors are really distinctive.

Hi. No, it was shot in RAW. This is a tweaked Astia emulation.

Jman13

CVickery wrote:
Interesting comment Jordan. Why is that? I have the OM-D and just picked up a Fuji X-E1 and my sense so far is that the Fuji would perform better in uncertain (low) lighting, although the AF would be slower.

Wow. I can't even comprehend that. The Fuji is tremendously unreliable in lower light...often failing to find focus at all unless you're shooting very high contrast subjects. Unfortunately, people's eyes don't qualify often. It's good in decent and medium lighting situations, but I can't rely on it and have missed MANY shots in lower light. If I have time to set up a shot, it's just fine, but for 'quick must have shots'...no way. The OM-D, on the other hand, locks nearly instantly in the vast majority of lighting situations. Only in really, really dim light does it have any issues. I love the image quality for the Fuji, and I find myself carrying it very often for daily shooting...but it's not my go to for the must have shots.

Jman13

johnahill wrote:
Some great images here.
Jordan, how did you manage to get that chicago shot without perspective distortion/converging verticals?

Correction in post. In this case, the Upright tool in Lightroom 5 nailed it perfectly.

CVickery
Total Posts: 2905

Jman13 wrote:
CVickery wrote:

Wow. I can't even comprehend that. The Fuji is tremendously unreliable in lower light...often failing to find focus at all unless you're shooting very high contrast subjects. Unfortunately, people's eyes don't qualify often. It's good in decent and medium lighting situations, but I can't rely on it and have missed MANY shots in lower light. If I have time to set up a shot, it's just fine, but for 'quick must have shots'...no way. The OM-D, on the other hand, locks nearly instantly in the vast majority of lighting situations. Only in really, really dim light does it have any issues. I love the image quality for the Fuji, and I find myself carrying it very often for daily shooting...but it's not my go to for the must have shots.

I did say I just picked up the X-E1 My comments were thinking that the high ISO performance of the X-E1 would be better than the OM-D in terms of IQ...I haven't had the body long enough to form an opinion of the AF accuracy in poor conditions. Your answer saved me the trouble. Thanks.

1       2       3              95      
       97              577       578       end