1       2       3              85      
       87              578       579       end

Camtography
Total Posts: 52

X-Pro 1 + trying out the 18-55 lens.

Cypher Wild by Camtography, on Flickr

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 2027

walking around the yard with the XE-1 and 35 1.4. Sold off my D800 last weekend and making the full switch to the Fuji system. Looking to add the 14 2.8 and then the 56 1.2 after the first of the year. Really like the size and simplicity of shooting the Fuji and the file size is nice as well. DSLR's are dead to me!!

Jack

xenor
Total Posts: 115

Great images everyone. I know how you feel Jack. I've been having the same thought myself. I'd really miss the variety of lenses and the capability of the 5DIII but the X-E1 is such a joy to use and I love the image quality. Anyway...

Young Leaves with 35mm

Jman13
Total Posts: 13005

My daughter playing dress-up: X-E1 with 35/1.4:

AbramG
Total Posts: 2898

Sweeeet. Snagged an X-Pro 1 body and I'm going to call in a favor and get a good price on a new 35 1.4; should be set for a while with that.

I don't think this system is going to replace my Canons yet, but I can see myself leaving those for my commercial work and just shooting all of my "me" stuff on this camera and my film setups.

It's such a tease to have the camera on my desk but no lens!! Haha.

felixj
Total Posts: 93

A lot of these photos are really amazing. Although I suspect that is more the photographer than the camera.

Does anyone else shoot with SLR and the Fuji X and find that they aren't getting a lot of mileage out of their SLR? I got the Canon 5D3 and Fuji X Pro 1 at the same time (wife got the Fuji X as a suprise present). At the beginning, I shoot mostly with the Fuji X in order to master it (this is coming from years of shooting a 5D so I figured 5D3 didn't have too much of a learning curve). After several months, I reverted back to the 5D3 but I dislike the colour (at least on camera's LCD). And I was reminded of the difficulty nailing focus when shooting shallow DOF using primes on phase detect SLR. The combination of those 2 factors made me pick up the Fuji X majority of the times.

Felix

Jman13

I switched away from DSLR to mirrorless entirely about two years ago, using Micro 4/3 and Fuji X. The Fuji for more deliberate stuff, the M4/3 gear when I need broader capabilities or better autofocus/responsiveness.

The thought of picking up a DSLR kit again, though, makes me cringe and makes my lower back hurt just thinking about it.

tardegardo
Total Posts: 75

tardegardo

Joeri89
Total Posts: 139

Canon 50 1.5 + Fuji X-E1.

absolutic
Total Posts: 2228

alba63
Total Posts: 733

It is a shame that Fuji brings many other lenses before the one that I wait for the most, and many others I guess: The portrait lens (56mm 1,2). Till then many close portraits will be made with the good, but (for this purpose) not optimal 35mm lens. The 35 shows slight traces of the "WA face distortion" effect, it is very good for half and full body portraits, but not so well for head shots...

Bernie

Jman13

The 60/2.4 makes for a great portrait lens. You won't get ultra-shallow DOF, but you do get plenty of background blur and it's got gorgeous bokeh and is very sharp.

sky_barker
Total Posts: 541

Nice shot Jorden! I gave the 60 a try but was so frustrated watching it try to focus for as many as 6 back-and-forth cycles that I wound up returning mine (XE-1,latest firmware).

I tried all of the focus modes but just couldn't get good results indoors.

Any tips for those thinking about this lens?

Jman13

sky_barker wrote:
Nice shot Jorden! I gave the 60 a try but was so frustrated watching it try to focus for as many as 6 back-and-forth cycles that I wound up returning mine (XE-1,latest firmware).

I tried all of the focus modes but just couldn't get good results indoors.

Any tips for those thinking about this lens?

When did you use the 60? Was the firmware in the lens updated too? From what I understand, the more recent lens firmware updates help it quite a bit. It's still slow...not a speed demon focuser for sure, and I've had it hunt from time to time, but for the most part it's done quite well. Of course, you need to be in macro mode to have any hope of locking focus on very close items, but I found it mostly locks just fine on medium distance stuff as long as there's contrast.

Of course, when I need real focusing speed, I put down my X-E1 and grab my OM-D with 75/1.8, 60/2.8 macro or 35-100/2.8.

Alexey011
Total Posts: 61

Couple friends of mine and me took a ride for a weekend and tried to capture some beauty of eastern Serbia.

All taken by Fuji X-E1 and 18-55.

tardegardo

Jman13

Baby ducks! Had to be ultra stealthy, taking about 10 minutes to move close to these guys, since my 60mm was the longest lens I had at the time. (Wish I had my OM-D with 35-100)...but I managed to get plenty close and get a few shots of these baby ducks and their mom. For the second shot, I was only maybe 3 feet away.

Sagar
Total Posts: 1217

Jordan these are awesome, love the clarity and sharpness. Your photos is one of the reasons I finally settled on X-E as my mirror-less system. Hope I will have images worth sharing in this thread soon

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

Love those duck shots Jordan.

Couldn't pass up a good deal on the X-E1 and 35 1.4 on the buy/sell here. I've been shooting with it for the past couple of days, comparing it with the OM-D. I've heard others describe the X-E1 a more "deliberate" camera than the OM-D and I would agree with that. Feels quite slow compared with the OM-D, but the colors and dynamic range are impressive.

Anyone have any opinions of the 18 f/2 vs the 18-55? One of those two will be my next lens.

All with the 35 1.4.....

Manual pano...

Fuji X-trans "watercolor" effect.......

1       2       3              85      
       87              578       579       end