1       2       3              73      
       75              309       310       end

Rob Chisholm
Total Posts: 301

X-E1. With a Nikon 55mm f1.2 wide open.

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 1863

Hi ROB_O.
Thanks for taking the time to post up all of those shots. Great variety of shots for a walk around town. I've just had my XE-1 and Fuji 35 1.4 for a few days but as stated in all the reviews I am blown away by the colors and how good the jpegs are. Taking a trip next week and I'm leaving the Nikon at home and taking the Fuji XE-1, 35 1.4 and a rental I reserved of the Fuji 14 2.8. Really looking forward to doing some light wieght shooting.

Also, really liking using the exposure comp dial to quickly adjust exposure and being able to immediately see the results in the view finder. Electing to over or under expose on the fly is nice. These three quick grabs are pretty much right out of the camera except for web sharpening and resize.

Jack

ssnap
Total Posts: 456

Today my son turned three so we took him to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. He had a blast and it was packed thanks to Spring Break. This was taken with the X-Pro 1 & 18mm f/2 @ f/2.

DSCF8832 by snappshotk1000, on Flickr

ddjohns1
Total Posts: 33

My first time using Nik Silver Efex Pro. Fuji X-E1, 18-55 @ 55mm f/8

Camtography
Total Posts: 36

I really enjoy B&W photos, especially in dark situations

Thompson Highway by Camtography, on Flickr

This was my first time using the lens in Aperture Priority mode and Auto-ISO.

AbramG
Total Posts: 2452

Gah this thread really makes me want to finally make the switch to this system.
I am so over DSLRs. The only thing holding me to my 5D2s is video, which I've been doing more and more of.

I need to give this some serious thought.
Really wonderful work in here though everyone, very inspirational!

justruss
Total Posts: 4475

AbramG wrote:
I am so over DSLRs. The only thing holding me to my 5D2s is video, which I've been doing more and more of.

Definitely TRY the X-system before dumping your DSLR. It can do a lot of what the DSLR can do, and it can do some things better. But it can't replace a DSLR for everyone.

And using the system is definitely different.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

AbramG wrote:

Agree with justruss above: The X-E1 is *NOT* a replacement for a DSLR for most. It's a different kind of camera, with a different intent. In it's current form, it's complimentary to other systems (DSLR, P&S, whatever). It's a 'deliberate' camera (as is often described) which begs the user to learn it's idiosyncrasies, and to shoot with it the way it was designed to be used. Modern DSLRs are continually "improved" to the lowest common denominator, evolving into the photographic equivalent of an appliance. The Fuji forces you to work harder ... and the image quality it delivers is the reward.

Note that I've been shooting Canon DSLRs as my main tool since 2003, and currently own a 5D3 with all L lenses. While out shooting with the X-E1 this week, I found myself engaged in the process and loving every minute of using the Fuji. I wished, however, with nearly every push of the shutter that the 5D3's guts and performance were embodied in the X-E1 experience.

All that said, if X100s improvements make their way to the X Pro 1 and X-E1 replacements -- as is widely expected -- and the lens roadmap pans out ... then the interchangeable-lens X system bodies will be closer to a true DSLR substitute for many.

JulesBeland
Total Posts: 45

Simply love the XE-1, simply a photographers camera,

AbramG
Total Posts: 2452

I appreciate the feedback gents.
I am a very deliberate shooter, I only work with prime lenses and I don't rush, I observe. I previously owned (and loved) the X100 and that camera just excited me, I always enjoyed shooting when I had that camera in my hands. I agree though that I need to shoot with the XP1 before I make any decisions. It just SEEMS to be quite literally the perfect camera for me.

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1047

Just some random snaps - nothing great. 18-55

tardegardo
Total Posts: 75

Camtography wrote:
I really enjoy B&W photos, especially in dark situations

Thompson Highway by Camtography, on Flickr

This was my first time using the lens in Aperture Priority mode and Auto-ISO.

this shot is super cool!

Jonas B
Total Posts: 2423

Yes, it is. As I'm contemplating different options, or at least toying with ideas, I'm interested in learning what lens was used for that image. May I guess the 35mm?

ct8282
Total Posts: 2199

Grabbed a shot of my new rims! And then I woke up and realised it wasn't really my car.

The roads to my local town were closed off today to allow the Ferrari club to parade their cars. I would say there were around 50 Ferrari's including 6 x F40's parked next to each other! A sight you wont see often, lol.

Ferrari by ct8282, on Flickr

GoranPhoto
Total Posts: 148

Some really nice shots in this thread. I am at present trying to decide between an X-E1, X-Pro 1, or an OM-D. Would anyone be able to tell me what lens mount adapters are available for the Fuji cameras?

Thom
Total Posts: 30

Thank you for your kind words, Katie! Love the vintage pp you're using too!

LizzieShepherd
Total Posts: 718

I'm intrigued by this concept of the xe1 / xpro1 making you work harder... Just taken delivery of the former 2 days ago. Seems a wonderfully intuitive camera to use for the most part to me. I'm sure I need to get to know its quirks but would be interested to know more about the theory of needing to work harder? Genuine interest not trying to dispute anything!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10626

Oh dear Lord, I'm in love: Got the 14/2.8 today. One heck of a lens. Sharp to the corners, perfect width for a wide prime....love.... Took it for a spin around the Ohio State campus:

The Horseshoe:

the architecture building:

And I can't decide whether I prefer the black and white or color for this one:

ceder
Total Posts: 280

Jman13 wrote:
Oh dear Lord, I'm in love: Got the 14/2.8 today. One heck of a lens. Sharp to the corners, perfect width for a wide prime....love.... Took it for a spin around the Ohio State campus:

Ahh, tempting! All look very fine. And to answer, best in B&W!

recordproducti
Total Posts: 217

Wow! So many amazing photos! I really like my X-E1 and am waiting for the 35mm f/1.4 equiv lens to come along.

Just one from the last week or two taken with the 35mm at 1/60th at f/2.2, ISO 800.

One more:

1       2       3              73      
       75              309       310       end