Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/72

1       2       3              72      
       74              302       303       end

tardegardo
Total Posts: 75

Thank you ceder,
I enjoyed very much you barman, that shot has something really old…
seems taken on some Federico Fellini film set.

ceder
Total Posts: 278

Many thanks tardegardo! Yeah, love Italian film and Fellini of course. It is a bit cinematic perhaps... Anyway, he made excellent espresso!

ceder

Guess I have to re-post that one. By the way, thanks Fred!!

Espresso doppio by c e d e r, on Flickr

The couple by c e d e r, on Flickr

johnahill
Total Posts: 2472

^ Great black and white shots.

Here'sone from a recent holiday, XE-1 + 18-55

suey11
Total Posts: 44

Fantastic images I really like the look of the Fuji shots.
I've been very tempted to get an X-Pro 1 to replace my canon 5d and primes that I love but just find to big to use regularly.
I've recently acquired a Sony RX1 which is fantastic and with me all the time but I'd love something a little more versatile to go with it and have been looking at the NEX's and Olympus OM-D as well as the Fuji.
The Fuji seems more appealing but the only thing that has stopped me clicking the buy button is the autofocus speed.
Has the new firmware really improved it significantly.
Thanks in advance.

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1019

THIS IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thom wrote:
First "real" snow in Annapolis, MD of the year. About time!

X-E1 and Fujinon 18mm/f2

... and thanks everyone for the kind comments on my shots!

KatieInTexas

suey11 wrote:
The Fuji seems more appealing but the only thing that has stopped me clicking the buy button is the autofocus speed.
Thanks in advance.

Most will say emphatically, yes. The 35 was probably the slowest focus lens and I saw marked improvement after the latest update. With that said, I had the 18-55 zoom arrive today and to be totally honest - I was thinking there was a problem focusing because it was so quiet and fast! Wow - that thing focuses with absolutely no problem! Makes me hopeful for the other lenses I intend to purchase (the 23 and 55-200 being the first two).

suey11

KatieInTexas wrote:
suey11 wrote:
Thanks in advance.

Most will say emphatically, yes. The 35 was probably the slowest focus lens and I saw marked improvement after the latest update. With that said, I had the 18-55 zoom arrive today and to be totally honest - I was thinking there was a problem focusing because it was so quiet and fast! Wow - that thing focuses with absolutely no problem! Makes me hopeful for the other lenses I intend to purchase (the 23 and 55-200 being the first two).

Thanks was thinking primes mainly but now you've got me thinking, what is the image quality like on the 18-55.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10512

18-55:

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 1863

JMAN13 18-55

This seems to have a little HDR thing going on but with the runner in it that would not make sense. This lens seems pretty impressive. Have you made prints from it and if so how do they look and how large have you gone?
Jack

suey11

Outstanding.

itai195
Total Posts: 1181

I continue to be impressed with the quality of the images in this thread!

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 534

johnahill wrote:
^ Great black and white shots.

Here'sone from a recent holiday, XE-1 + 18-55

So really very good! I love it!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10512

allstarimaging wrote:
JMAN13 18-55

This seems to have a little HDR thing going on but with the runner in it that would not make sense. This lens seems pretty impressive. Have you made prints from it and if so how do they look and how large have you gone?
Jack

No HDR, but a fair amount of tuning in Lightroom and with Nik Viveza.

I've printed a 16x20 with this lens, and it looks fantastic. The lens is an odd one for me. I still can't really figure out whether this is just how it is, or if mine's minorly defective, but it has been a schizophrenic lens for me. I'll get really sharp shots with it, followed by the occasional shots that are junk. I don't know if it has issues with IS on at higher shutter speeds (if so, it's not consistent), or if there's something else odd going on. Part of me wants to exchange it for another, though B&H is closed right now (I'm just under the 30 day window right now), or to send it to Fuji, or just deal, but it's odd. I'll get a bunch of really nice images with a handful of softies thrown in for no real reason.

For instance, here are two shots today, both taken at 18mm and f/8, only difference is exposure compensation...both focused at infinity (well, the buildings in the center of the main shot). Left image is at 1/450s, right at 1/250s, with OIS on, so there should be absolutely no possibility of camera shake. As you can see from the image key, these are lower left corners...the one on the left is noticeably softer than the one on the right. Why? I have no idea. These random soft images crop up from time to time, with no real rhyme or reason from what I can tell. It's not often, but maybe 2-3% of images. It's very strange. Meanwhile, the shot with the runner above is tack sharp to the corners.

EDIT: since I first wrote this post, I've decided to go ahead and do an exchange with B&H...requested RMA for exchange. We'll see if the replacement works better.

KatieInTexas

Well, here's some 18-55 shots for ya... as I just got this lens in today. Slapped it on and ran out back to snap some test shots of the kiddos. Processed these vintagey as dirty kids on a Spring afternoon outside my 100+ year old house just feels vintage (actually I feel vintage).

Rob Chisholm
Total Posts: 301

Some recent shots... Just getting to know the camera but I love it! I used to shoot a M9 - and loved the images - but it just wasn't perfect for me... Tried to go back to dSLR and I found out, for me, it was no fun at all. I didn't take a photo in 4-6 months. Then I saw the X-E1 and I am hooked. The only drawback is the cropped sensor but I am adjusting. I am shooting the zoom and the 35, plus I just got an old manual focus Nikon 55 1.2 which is stellar on the camera for portraits. I plan on buying the Zeiss 12 when is comes out, hopefully soon. 18mm and pretty fast should be fantastic. I do not think the 14 is quite wide enough... I wish Fuji would hurry on their lineup a bit as I would like the 56 (the Nikon 55 1.2 is good, but the autofocus is nice to have).

These are all processed in PS and Exposure.

justruss
Total Posts: 4453

Jman13 wrote:
18-55:

Jordan-- that's got to be one of your strongest shots. Great composition and timing. And I like the B/W conversion in the bottom half of the image. Clouds/sky feel overworked to me, and distract from the heart of the image.

Great stuff!

Happy to have this thread to keep me entertained. I've been more or less knocked over with a 2 week flu thing that feels like it's finally about to give in. Terrible to be unable to shoot.

ceder

Welcome Rob! Very nice images, especially like No.4! Keep them coming!

ceder

Another one from Milan...

The talker by c e d e r, on Flickr

Fuji X-Pro1 with XF 35/1.4 @1.4

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

Walked 25km around London yesterday with the X-E1, three lenses, a gorillapod, and a variable ND filter. Purpose was to see how this kit did for city/street/travel type stuff (where I'd normally carry my 5D3 and equivalent L glass). The light was terrible (sky just a blanket of white most of the time) and it was freezing, which is why I spent more time walking than stopping for photos. Better weather to come, so hopefully I can get out again this weekend.

Took around 100 shots. AF continues to be the biggest weak point. Surprised by the barrel distortion at the wide end on the 18-55; the 14 has literally none. IQ continues to impress. Love the size/weight.

Not sure what this is supposed to be, but I like the colours and textures

Fuji 35 f/1.4 @ f/8, 1/ 50 sec, ISO 640 (auto)

Bangers at Borough Market

Fuji 14 f/2.8 @ f/8, 1/ 30 sec, ISO 800 (auto)

The Shard. Definitely plan to come back when skies are better ... could do some cool shots from here. I'd wanted to use the 9-stop ND for a long exposure with the clouds passing overhead. Unfortunately, the clouds were like cotton, with no life at all.

Fuji 14 f/2.8 @ f/6.4, 1/ 180 sec, ISO 200

Love the dynamic range and detail in the X-E1's image files. This was processed from a RAW. The foreground was almost black in the shadows. Despite bringing that area up, there was very little resulting noise.

Fuji 14 f/2.8 @ f/8, 1/ 30 sec, ISO 200

Some other building that was cool. Again ... better skies would be better.

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f8, 1/140 sec (+0.67EV), ISO 200

The infamous Lloyd's building. It's interesting and repulsive at the same time. Often referred to as the "inside-out building" since all ducting and plumbing shit is outside the skeletal structure. Another subject to photograph under better conditions.

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f8, 1/150 sec (+0.67EV), ISO 200

Standard shot from inside the British Musuem. 14mm (21mm) still isn't wide enough. Really need a fisheye to capture this place.

Fuji 14 f/2.8 @ f/8, 1/ 30 sec, ISO 320 (auto)

Fuji 14 f/2.8 @ f/8, 1/ 30 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Always interesting stuff in China Town...

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f8, 1/30 sec, ISO 800 (auto)

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f3.2, 1/40 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f4, 1/30 sec, ISO 400 (auto)

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f6.4, 1/50 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Hard to wander 'round London and not shoot a call box

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f5, 1/150 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Trafalgar to Westminster (stupid weather!)

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f6.4, 1/50 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Street photography is a whole different animal. I need to push myself harder to get outside the comfort zone. So many interesting people, just not enough balls to photograph them at close range.

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f5.6, 1/480 sec, ISO 800 (auto)

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f8, 1/30 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Fuji 18-55 f/2.8-4 @ f5.6, 1/30 sec, ISO 200 (auto)

Waterloo station ... 1.5 sec exposure, handheld

Fuji 14 f/2.8 @ f/10, 1.5 sec, ISO 200

1       2       3              72      
       74              302       303       end