Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/70

1       2       3              70      
       72              285       286       end

corposant
Total Posts: 2774

dgenx24
Total Posts: 687

Went out for a hiking yesterday to test drive my new (used) x-e1.
The lens I used was old Vivitar 200mm f3.5 MD mount lens I bought for less than $20 dollars from eb** a few years back.
I shot this guy on the way back to my car. I realized when I shoot (even with manual shutter, iso) towards bright sky, the EVF goes really dark and all I see is silhouette.
I need more practice.
Anyway, the Fujis are so much fun cameras!

Second photo is a crop. Will x-e1 replace my 1dmk4? lol

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 96

Finished PPing the photos from my trip to Tromsoe, Norway in February, which is a new thing to me.

Usually the RAW files linger in my hard drive for years.

Love the Fuji output, although I found hard to get WB right on photos with snow on mixed lighting conditions.

I still give the nod to my NEX-5n+CV15 for landscapes though.

The Fuji really has trouble with pinetrees! !

Here are some random favorites, all Fuji XE-1+35 or 18-55, PP in Lr4 with sometimes Nik Color Efex.

Complete set here.

Thanks for looking!

mike kobal
Total Posts: 475

shot with the x100s, 1/30, f2 iso1600

MagicNikon
Total Posts: 1997

A few from some old Nikkor Macros and my X-E1

Jman13
Total Posts: 10320

Some shots around town today:

35/1.4:

Contax G 90/2.8:

MagicNikon
Total Posts: 1997

Jordan, those are stunning!

itai195
Total Posts: 1162

Beautiful work, Jordan!

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1640

X-E1 and XF35/1.4, handheld:

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 1856

Just took delivery of my Fuji XE-1 and Fuji 35 1.4 lens. Took a handful of shots around the house and looking forward to giving it a good workout this weekend. Here are my inital thoughts on the camera and lens combo.
"HOLY CRAP!! The 35 1.4 is fantastic wide open!!"

Jack

802walker
Total Posts: 125

Just a few from a recent trip. These are all OOC Jpegs with no editing, shot with the kit lens. I'm brand new to the XE-1 and Fuji in general. Had a load of fun just playing around with this thing.

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 1856

First weekend with the XE-1 and 35 1.4. Few quick ones from the backyard. Really liking this setup so far. JPEGS need little to no processing.

Jack

michael49
Total Posts: 5387

allstarimaging wrote:
First weekend with the XE-1 and 35 1.4. Few quick ones from the backyard. Really liking this setup so far. JPEGS need little to no processing.

Love these.

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1640

And one from evening light:

buggz2k wrote:
Fuji X-E1 and Fuji XF35/1.4, I love this combination!
back lit pear tree blossom, not cropped:

sebboh
Total Posts: 10031

really like this one:

corposant wrote:

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 974

I had a boudoir session the other day, in which I used the X Pro 1 and 35mm ... it's kind of ironic because I mailed the lens off that same day (sold it) and only after editing the images do I realize that I might actually like the lens. Figures. Hope it's okay to post a few here (no real nudity)... if not okay, I'll take them down. Just let me know!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10320

Can't say I'm a fan of the 'cut the face half off on the edge of the frame' thing. It removes the human element, which is what makes images like this sexy...otherwise it's just a body...

If the 'mystery' element is what you were after, I'd much rather have that sort of thing done through the lighting, rather than by simply chopping half the face of with the crop.

tardegardo
Total Posts: 75

KatieInTexas wrote:
I had a boudoir session the other day, in which I used the X Pro 1 and 35mm ... it's kind of ironic because I mailed the lens off that same day (sold it) and only after editing the images do I realize that I might actually like the lens. Figures. Hope it's okay to post a few here (no real nudity)... if not okay, I'll take them down. Just let me know!

It's very ok to me…

rumdiarist
Total Posts: 10

X-E1 with the 35 shot at f2.

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 974

Thanks Jman - I do appreciate your comment and understand that certain crops aren't for everyone. I personally like an odd crop every now and again - especially where it leaves a hint of mystery, like leaving the lips in a head chop crop. I am actually a wide angle shooter (which is why I didn't love the 35=50mm equiv lens) and prefer environmental portraiture over all else! I love negative space and weird crops though ...

I do want to explain why I chose these to post here (as obviously I shot LOTS with her actual face in the frame): since this is a heavily trafficked public board, I wanted to give her some privacy, as I will allow her some input on which of her images actually get "blogged" on my website.

I do appreciate all comments and suggestions, though!

1       2       3              70      
       72              285       286       end