Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/291

1       2       3              291      
       293              307       308       end

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3120

Despite my reservations to X-trans tech, you guys really produce some very fine pictures..

Alexey011
Total Posts: 47

River spring by Alexey DZ, on Flickr

Jman13
Total Posts: 10597

That's simply beautiful! Where is this?

justruss
Total Posts: 4474

Mescalamba wrote:
Despite my reservations to X-trans tech, you guys really produce some very fine pictures..

Those of us with Fuji X cameras are obviously self-selecting for liking Fuji X images (that's why we purchased them, right?), so I'm aware of an inherent bias towards liking the files/look these sensors and lenses produce. I'm pretty gear agnostic, and happy to jump ship when there's something else I enjoy and the cash-flow allows it-- so I constantly look through the other images threads here and elsewhere. I also enjoy some of the very skillful photographers shooting with an array of cameras in an array of formats. And, I'll be the first to say I think there are weaknesses in the XT files at 100% magnification at current resolutions (which is why my broken record of "C'mon, 24MP please!" keeps spinning).

But, short of the RX1 thread, none of the other image threads here or on the other boards is as filled with images whose look (not always composition or subject matter or heavy processing) I consistently enjoy. This is true even when I keep track of photographers who shoot across multiple threads-- like the very talented Helena. I love the ideas of the Ricoh GR, or Sony A7(r/s) or A6000, but the actual look of the images produced (again, nothing to do with the photographers, composition, etc)... always somewhat disappoints me. So it's this and the RX1 thread-- which really is something special, and something I lust after in a future release when the AF gets faster (or when the current model gets cheap enough that I can rationalize picking it up just for fun).

Of course, I'm biased.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4644

Some of the 'painted rock' landscapes of the Badlands . . .

AlexDROP
Total Posts: 142

Hi there!
Here are a few from my last trip to London in the beginning of April'14. I used X-E2+18-55 kit and valued it a lot. It deserves 5 stars as a light and quality travel kit with just one lens.

DSCF2012_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

DSCF1941_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

DSCF1955_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

DSCF1868_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

DSCF1979_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

DSCF2027_web by AlexDROP, on Flickr

Alexey011
Total Posts: 47

Jman13 wrote:
That's simply beautiful! Where is this?

Thank you Jordan, this is spring from river Vrelo(only 365 meters long, also known as river "Year") and it is located in national park "Tara" in Serbia.

jbush
Total Posts: 148

Here are a few from a recent trip to Bermuda. All shot with the 14mm on X-Pro1. While I have the 23mm and 56mm, I'm really enjoying the 14mm and find I use it very often. The 10-24mm is tempting for its versatility, but I'm trying to resist the urge of buying it and, besides, the 14mm is very compact and a great performer.

Thanks for looking.

Jon

Jman13
Total Posts: 10597

I did a shoot this morning for Tim Hortons (the model is a friend and works for them now). I did it inexpensively since it's a very limited publication for them, and on the terms that I keep all rights and will license one of the images from the shoot to them for that publication. I haven't processed everything from the shoot, but this came out almost exactly like I hoped. X-T1 with 14/2.8:

EDIT: One more with the 56mm @ f/2.2. They didn't really want a closeup (they want the city in the shot), but I thought it was worth it to have at least one standard portrait:

fotografur
Total Posts: 4486

Nice shot Jordan. Looks like a great location

MagicNikon
Total Posts: 2005

Now I want a donut.

michael49
Total Posts: 5404

X-E1....

60 2.4....

23 1.4....

RSSmith
Total Posts: 301

Northville, Michigan
X-T1 + XF35/1.4

20140808 022v by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3120

justruss wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:

Those of us with Fuji X cameras are obviously self-selecting for liking Fuji X images (that's why we purchased them, right?), so I'm aware of an inherent bias towards liking the files/look these sensors and lenses produce. I'm pretty gear agnostic, and happy to jump ship when there's something else I enjoy and the cash-flow allows it-- so I constantly look through the other images threads here and elsewhere. I also enjoy some of the very skillful photographers shooting with an array of cameras in an array of formats. And, I'll be the first to say I think there are weaknesses in the XT files at 100% magnification at current resolutions (which is why my broken record of "C'mon, 24MP please!" keeps spinning).

But, short of the RX1 thread, none of the other image threads here or on the other boards is as filled with images whose look (not always composition or subject matter or heavy processing) I consistently enjoy. This is true even when I keep track of photographers who shoot across multiple threads-- like the very talented Helena. I love the ideas of the Ricoh GR, or Sony A7(r/s) or A6000, but the actual look of the images produced (again, nothing to do with the photographers, composition, etc)... always somewhat disappoints me. So it's this and the RX1 thread-- which really is something special, and something I lust after in a future release when the AF gets faster (or when the current model gets cheap enough that I can rationalize picking it up just for fun).

Of course, I'm biased.

If I should pick one thing about this, I would say its colors. Maybe Fuji colors are not most accurate, but they have similar properties to Kodak ones, they are "special". Only Sony cares a bit about colors, rest doesnt. And obviously Fuji does a lot apparently. Tho color quality of lets say my old S5 Pro isnt there.. but, if they make camera with that good CFA again, I might consider actually buying it.

And yea, if they up resolution high enough, X-trans will work much better. Its like superCCD all over again, very good technology bit too much ahead of time. If it had 36 mpix, there would be zero resolution/sharpness issues.

ysquare
Total Posts: 29

X-E1 + 18-55
Minnesota Vikings preseason game
RAW+LR

Vikings 1st preseason game by Y_Squared2, on Flickr

esanchez
Total Posts: 1447

Fuji 56mm 1.2 on Canon 6D. Lens was just placed over lens opening since it can't be mounted. To me it looks like XF lens work fine on Full frame...DOF is crazy thin at 1.2 and focus is only like 5-6 inches. Kinda like a lens baby effect :-)

jj_glos
Total Posts: 1173

X-T1 & Sigma 300mm

RNAS Yeovilton 2014 by jj_glos, on Flickr

RNAS Yeovilton 2014 by jj_glos, on Flickr

carstenw
Total Posts: 15627

Ah, the Spitfire is absolutely the most beautiful aeroplane ever made! What an incredibly pleasing shape!

raboof
Total Posts: 1479

Amazing shots on this page so far.

Just another blue berry picking shot. X-E1 with the Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8D of course, only manual focus.

barisaxer
Total Posts: 503

Some grom a trip to Birch bay Washington. Most with the 18-55 or the 14mm

1       2       3              291      
       293              307       308       end