Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/271

1       2       3              271      
       273              312       313       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2903

Looks like you are off to a good start BuLuT.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4651

Shanghai, China. It's hard to imagine what 24 million people in a city looks like. All I can say is think about the biggest city you know. Picture the most dense part of that city and multiply it . . . by a lot! 30-40 story apartment buildings go on and on in every direction. Amazing!

xenor
Total Posts: 111

Joeri89
Total Posts: 105

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2089

lovely

DLNB
Total Posts: 683

Nice

jj_glos
Total Posts: 1191

My little one is growing up far too fast

Jennie by jj_glos, on Flickr

Jman13
Total Posts: 10643

How old is she? I agree that the time flies. I can't believe my daughter is 6 and my son is already 1.

Jman13

Impossible. We all know APS-C can't be used for shallow depth of field or pro grade portraiture. Great shot! I assume with the 56?

Joeri89 wrote:

jj_glos
Total Posts: 1191

Jman13 wrote:
How old is she? I agree that the time flies. I can't believe my daughter is 6 and my son is already 1.

She's 5, and it seems like only yesterday that she was still crawling around the front room! The teenage years are approaching too fast!

cputeq
Total Posts: 4715

BuLuT wrote:
I am new to Fuji... Just got my X-T1 + 23 + 56...
I am still tring to figure otu the PP with the RAF...
Long time Canon/Sony user here...

Set looks great and so does the post work. If you're using LR to PP, just be careful to avoid too much sharpening, at all, and you'll be fine. LR's algorithm likes to make watercolor / patterns pretty quickly, most readily apparent in foliage. If you need to sharpen a lot, I'd recommend doing it all in Nik's plugin. Others use C1 or PhotoNinja, but I don't like moving out of the LR/PS workflow.

Up to around Amount 35ish, Radius 0.5-0.7ish, though, LR seems fine to me.

johnahill
Total Posts: 2517

Bob - Great shots from Shanghai, do I see a bit of a reflection in the third one? Having just been up the Shard in London, I know the reflections can be a b!tch.

Joeri89 - Great portrait, love the colours espectally in the eyes, did you bump up the saturation?

jj_glos - Great series, love the determined look on her face on the first one, classic .

Jman13

cputeq wrote:
BuLuT wrote:

Set looks great and so does the post work. If you're using LR to PP, just be careful to avoid too much sharpening, at all, and you'll be fine. LR's algorithm likes to make watercolor / patterns pretty quickly, most readily apparent in foliage. If you need to sharpen a lot, I'd recommend doing it all in Nik's plugin. Others use C1 or PhotoNinja, but I don't like moving out of the LR/PS workflow.

I've actually found that X-Trans files respond better to higher radius sharpening. ~1.4 radius, 30-40 amount and 30-40 detail, depending on the image. This works pretty well most of the time. I use 0.5 radius and 50 amount for my bayer cameras.

johnahill
Total Posts: 2517

I had the pleasure of going to the view at the Shard in London on Friday.
In fact I had planned a london sunset through to sunrise shoot, but my buddy who was accompanying me was sick and we had to cut the trip short. As well as that, shooting in some of the dimly lit streets, my X-A1 was not able to lock on focus and the image on the lcd was too dim to focus manually.

I had heard that the reflections were a big problem for photography at the Shard, so I constructed a box to hold against the glass to cut down on reflections. On the indoor viewing gallery there are 2 panes of glass approx 8 inches apart so I was unable to cut out the reflection from the outer most pane. The outdoor viewing gallery only has one pane of glass, so I was able to cut out most of the reflections. The attendants stop me using my mini tripod (6inch) so that was a bit of a bummer.

cputeq
Total Posts: 4715

Jman13 wrote:
cputeq wrote:
BuLuT wrote:

I've actually found that X-Trans files respond better to higher radius sharpening. ~1.4 radius, 30-40 amount and 30-40 detail, depending on the image. This works pretty well most of the time. I use 0.5 radius and 50 amount for my bayer cameras.

Yeah I may have to go back and try that, I'd tried high radius before briefly, but never explored it thoroughly. Once I got a "recipe" down in Nik I pretty much kept to that for X-trans.

TimArruda
Total Posts: 108

Shot shortly before dawn this morning.

A Spectacular Morning by TimArruda, on Flickr

rtallent
Total Posts: 553

Very pretty light. I like your perspective from the gift shop side of the light.

TimArruda
Total Posts: 108

rtallent wrote:
Very pretty light. I like your perspective from the gift shop side of the light.

Thanks. I had not intended on shooting from this side, but when I arrived there were already two shooters over where I was initially headed, and I did not want to crowd anyone. Needless to say I was not disappointed with the view.

Joeri89
Total Posts: 105

johnahill wrote:Joeri89 - Great portrait, love the colours espectally in the eyes, did you bump up the saturation?

Thanks! There is a slight bump in the saturation for sure, but nothing that completely changes the look. Her eyes were out of this world, with or without post processing

Jman13 wrote:
Impossible. We all know APS-C can't be used for shallow depth of field or pro grade portraiture. Great shot! I assume with the 56?

56 indeed
Have to admit it was the 56mm that dragged me a bit more to my Fuji again. Didn't really use it the last 6 months before that lens was released and was mainly playing around with MF film for the shallow DOF

Posted a shoot with the same girl in the People Photography section a week ago if anyone in interested: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1300708

4G63
Total Posts: 139

Cuban Cigars by Joey_porma, on Flickr

1       2       3              271      
       273              312       313       end