Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/246

1       2       3              246      
       248              284       285       end

cputeq
Total Posts: 4640

rodmcwha wrote:
Thanks cputec,
A lot of my shooting is done at iso 6400, (and then recover the shadows!). The fuji just seemed to handle that better.
What was your experience with it?

Well I can't claim to like ISO 6400 on the EM1, but then again there aren't many cameras that I really like it on. The X cameras do a little better of course, but with the EM1 you also have IBIS with any lens, so that's also a factor if you're shooting still life.

Another small point - Fuji "cheats" with their ISO ratings.

Take, for instance, an metered shot at Iso 6400 with a Fuji X camera and an EM-1, for instance -- the EM1 is going to give you a faster shutter speed, even if the cameras have the same ISO and aperture settings (this is discussed several places and I've tested it myself).

In rough terms, Fuji's ISO 6400 is really around ISO 4000, when it comes to determining a shutter speed. YMMV of course.

As far as raising shadows - both cameras seem to do it fairly well, though I haven't shot much ISO 6400 then raised shadows.

Also, be aware that with Lightroom, sometimes it'll induce an ugly shadow shift in higher ISO files and certain cameras (and it does this with the EM1, unsure of the XT1-- the EM1's shadows get this nasty magenta tint, but only at high ISOs), so be careful if you're comparing high ISO shots with lightroom - try another converter first like Capture 1, etc.

Anyway, if I was constantly shooting higher ISOs, I'd probably pick Fuji over EM1, but they're pretty close.

absolutic
Total Posts: 1228

56 on XT1

mjbetch
Total Posts: 156

Just a few I took of my daughter today with her new toddler bed and our newly painted walls! Having orange walls previously always made for difficult photos.

GBRL4505.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

GBRL4519.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

GBRL4507.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

Yudhi
Total Posts: 388

Denzel
XT1 + 56f1.2

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4559

X-T1 and 23/1.4 and 35/1.4

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 1994

Sometimes I want to live in a city to have better stuff to shoot and more life around me. But then I see those gleaming glass towers and realise it isn't for me.

Anyway, more Georgiana ...

(x-t1 / Nikkor 50)

rodmcwha
Total Posts: 363

cputeq wrote:
rodmcwha wrote:
Thanks cputec,
A lot of my shooting is done at iso 6400, (and then recover the shadows!). The fuji just seemed to handle that better.
What was your experience with it?

Well I can't claim to like ISO 6400 on the EM1, but then again there aren't many cameras that I really like it on. The X cameras do a little better of course, but with the EM1 you also have IBIS with any lens, so that's also a factor if you're shooting still life.

Another small point - Fuji "cheats" with their ISO ratings.

Take, for instance, an metered shot at Iso 6400 with a Fuji X camera and an EM-1, for instance -- the EM1 is going to give you a faster shutter speed, even if the cameras have the same ISO and aperture settings (this is discussed several places and I've tested it myself).

In rough terms, Fuji's ISO 6400 is really around ISO 4000, when it comes to determining a shutter speed. YMMV of course.

As far as raising shadows - both cameras seem to do it fairly well, though I haven't shot much ISO 6400 then raised shadows.

Also, be aware that with Lightroom, sometimes it'll induce an ugly shadow shift in higher ISO files and certain cameras (and it does this with the EM1, unsure of the XT1-- the EM1's shadows get this nasty magenta tint, but only at high ISOs), so be careful if you're comparing high ISO shots with lightroom - try another converter first like Capture 1, etc.

Anyway, if I was constantly shooting higher ISOs, I'd probably pick Fuji over EM1, but they're pretty close.

Thanks for the info, always better to talk with someone who has used it than to listen to the reviews! (Although they are pretty close this time.)
I shoot stage performances. Highlights require 6400, most times, then rescue just a little from the shadows. Stability isn't a problem-I regularly shoot a 200 at 1/40th, and make large prints. Just need the files to give me what I need.
There is an article in rangefinder this month by a wedding shooter, who rejects the E-M1 because of the inability to rescue the shadow detail-first that i had heard of this problem. No problem avoiding Lightroom-I hate that program!
I am going to use CNX2 as long as I can, while I learn about Capture One. (Photoninja as the raw converter)>

Thanks, Again.

Oldraven
Total Posts: 370

Bubble selfies taken at Rialto Beach, Olympic National Park. What started out as an impromptu fun shot turned into an obsession as the more I looked the more I saw in this little scene. Shot over the course of four consecutive mornings with high wave warnings posted...and I got wet several times. Still fun, though.

The bubbles of morning three had no color (middle image)...don't know why, but still found the result very appealing.

Ian Boys

X-T1 and new 56mm

Lucie by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

johnahill
Total Posts: 2414

Tried out a Hoya R72 on the X-A1/14mm combo today
couldn't see much on the screen so composition was pretty much guesswork

fotografur
Total Posts: 4381

Ian Boys wrote:
X-T1 and new 56mm

Smoke'n!

No really, something is smoking

And Oldraven, love them bubbles!

Oldraven
Total Posts: 370

fotografur wrote:
Ian Boys wrote:
X-T1 and new 56mm

Smoke'n!

No really, something is smoking

And Oldraven, love them bubbles!

Thanks for the comment, fotografur, and to the others for the likes. Greatly appreciated!

Tekniqs
Total Posts: 32

mjbetch wrote:snip

little cutie! great pictures.

rji2goleez
Total Posts: 4559

A few more from the other morning.

Ian Boys

Amber by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Ian Boys

Amber by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

frezeiss
Total Posts: 525

From my XE-1 with 18-55, 14 & 35. I kinda regret selling the XE-1, while my Sony A7 is pumping better IQ but I prefer how the XE-1/X100s operates over the Sony.

DSCF1479 by faisalre, on Flickr

DSCF9932 by faisalre, on Flickr

DSCF9818 by faisalre, on Flickr

Leica 35 summarit

Perseverance by faisalre, on Flickr

Ian Boys

Those are lovely shots!

srxiaoj
Total Posts: 69

Ian Boys wrote:
Amber

x-t1 and nikkor 50
, on Flickr

Don't blur it

Ian Boys

cputeq wrote:

Yes, 2/3 stop down. For example I set my Nikon flash at iso 800 and the Fuji x-t1 at iso 500. Same experience.

1       2       3              246      
       248              284       285       end