Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/235

1       2       3              235      
236
       237              312       313       end

galenapass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 3767
Country: United States

Stadiums are perfect for fisheye use, IMO.



mawz
Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Total Posts: 7963
Country: Canada

Wet John by Mawz, on Flickr
X-A1, XF 18/2 R



tigerbalm
Registered: Apr 21, 2012
Total Posts: 145
Country: United States

millsart wrote:
Nice shot Tigerbalm, although I'd be curious to see this shot in a non-HDR look. I think letting the foreground rocks and cliff go to a more natural looking shadow tone would actually add a bit more visual emphasis on the subjects, though maybe try to keep the exposure on the sky/clouds


You might be curious to see the SOOC JPEG that was recorded along with the RAW file for this image. This set is a testament to the insane DR of the XTrans sensor. Personally I prefer the pseudo-HDR version.



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2082
Country: United Kingdom

xt1 / 18-55mm

Blossom by Ian_Boys, on Flickr

Blossom by Ian_Boys, on Flickr



millsart
Registered: Apr 29, 2009
Total Posts: 4814
Country: N/A

Maybe tone down the sky a little to just that bit of color back, and increase the midtones just to get a little more sun reflecting off the rocks and I'd say its ready for a travel/lifestyle mag full page glossy



absolutic
Registered: Nov 04, 2008
Total Posts: 1347
Country: United States

XA1 16-50 ISO6400







PhilDrinkwater
Registered: Feb 24, 2010
Total Posts: 1919
Country: United Kingdom

tigerbalm wrote:
millsart wrote:
Nice shot Tigerbalm, although I'd be curious to see this shot in a non-HDR look. I think letting the foreground rocks and cliff go to a more natural looking shadow tone would actually add a bit more visual emphasis on the subjects, though maybe try to keep the exposure on the sky/clouds


You might be curious to see the SOOC JPEG that was recorded along with the RAW file for this image. This set is a testament to the insane DR of the XTrans sensor. Personally I prefer the pseudo-HDR version.


I agree. I prefer the pseudo HDR, although personally I'd pull the blacks down just a little.

Great shot though and you're right - the camera has a great DR!



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2082
Country: United Kingdom

Scooter Girl

xt1 // 18-55 // vsco 5


Scooter Girl by Ian_Boys, on Flickr



timpdx
Registered: Feb 02, 2005
Total Posts: 1824
Country: United States

From the Mojave Desert this morning:



timpdx
Registered: Feb 02, 2005
Total Posts: 1824
Country: United States

A couple from the Mojave Desert this morning:





mnscott
Registered: Jul 03, 2005
Total Posts: 258
Country: United States

Love the shots of Target Field, Bob. It's a beautiful stadium, and the fisheye works really well for those shots.



jojomon11
Registered: Sep 06, 2008
Total Posts: 7343
Country: United States

XT1 w/23



Joeri89
Registered: Jun 19, 2012
Total Posts: 104
Country: Canada

56mm wide open







allstarimaging
Registered: Mar 24, 2006
Total Posts: 1863
Country: United States

couple of B&W's from a quick stop in NYC yesterday. I had about 30 minutes to play around with the X100s during some free time.

Jack



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 4649
Country: United States

X-T1 w/56/1.2 all wide open. I might try another copy . . . not sure this is as sharp as other postings I've seen here.



Rich M
Registered: Jul 15, 2002
Total Posts: 259
Country: United States

Bob.....on the web sized images, it looks pretty sharp to me.



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 4649
Country: United States

Rich M wrote:
Bob.....on the web sized images, it looks pretty sharp to me.


Maybe I need to play a bit more but it doesn't appear to be as sharp wide open as my 55FE on my Sony A7R.



miccullen
Registered: May 22, 2003
Total Posts: 1125
Country: Australia

rji2goleez wrote:
X-T1 w/56/1.2 all wide open. I might try another copy . . . not sure this is as sharp as other postings I've seen here.


Yeah, same here. I'm coming from a Canon setup with a couple of 1-series bodies and an 85/1.2, 200/2 etc. so I've got a fair idea of what I can do with shallow DOF lenses, and I can't get my 56 to work as well. (Tried it on both my X-T1 bodies.)

Time to have a talk to Fuji on Tuesday, I think.

(Just remembered I've got a Lens-align in the cupboard, will dig that out and shoot some test shots. (I used FoCal for my Canons in recent times.))



sputnik
Registered: Oct 15, 2003
Total Posts: 407
Country: Sweden






XT-1 with 23mm @ f/1.4, ISO 200.


millsart
Registered: Apr 29, 2009
Total Posts: 4814
Country: N/A

rji2goleez wrote:
Rich M wrote:
Bob.....on the web sized images, it looks pretty sharp to me.


Maybe I need to play a bit more but it doesn't appear to be as sharp wide open as my 55FE on my Sony A7R.



That is in part because the 55 FE is one of the best lenses made, short of the $4000 Opus, so its pretty hard to find many lens that will compare to it, plus, its on a 36meg sensor with no AA filter, which gives some pretty biting sharpness as long as the lens is up to it (which the 55 FE is)

Plus, I'm sure there are some optical trade-offs to get the f1.2 speed, while the 55 only had to be f1.8.

Compared to lens like my FD 55 1.2 or my MC Rokkor 58 1.2, the Fuji 56/1.2 is amazingly good wide open. I wish those old legacy lenses could come even halfway to how good the Fuji does at f1.2



1       2       3              235      
236
       237              312       313       end