Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/229

1       2       3              229      
230
       231              578       579       end

Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 3766
Country: United Kingdom

yes it's very good. mind you, I got the 56 today and it's superb!



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 6702
Country: United States

How, where? I've been collecting my drool waiting for that lens . . .



loosh
Registered: Jun 12, 2010
Total Posts: 569
Country: United States

rji2goleez wrote:
How, where? I've been collecting my drool waiting for that lens . . .


Shoulda ordered with NatCam! Got mine a couple weeks ago.



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 13008
Country: United States

rji2goleez wrote:
How, where? I've been collecting my drool waiting for that lens . . .


I've managed to get three copies of it over the course of the past month (one from B&H...my preorder, and two from Midwest Photo Exchange. The first they had when I called, my replacement for that one I had to wait a week for...maybe give them a call and see if they have any more in stock or coming soon). Of course, I NEEDED three copies, since my first two broke, but still. The third one is doing quite well (though it's only been a week and a half).

These are with the 56/1.2 as well...continuous AF, as my son was walking rather rapidly pushing this bin forward in both images. While not a perfect hit rate, still impressed that I was able to get about 50% in perfect focus on his eyes while moving quickly towards me at f/1.2 indoors. This is with the X-E2. The X-T1 (which I do not own, but have used) is even better at tracking.













rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 6702
Country: United States

loosh wrote:
rji2goleez wrote:
How, where? I've been collecting my drool waiting for that lens . . .


Shoulda ordered with NatCam! Got mine a couple weeks ago.


I'm on their list but have heard nothing. You must have been near the top!



lesgage
Registered: Dec 09, 2003
Total Posts: 925
Country: United States

awesome!!!!

Les



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 3766
Country: United Kingdom

xt-1 // 35mm





Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 3766
Country: United Kingdom

Fuji x-t1 // 18-55mm





Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 13008
Country: United States

Quick business headshot this morning. Didn't have my lights with me, so this was very impromptu and had to deal with in-office lighting and shallower DOF than I'd have preferred. Still pleased with how it came out (by its nature, it's not a very creative photo, but that's what we need). Will retake later when I have my lights.

X-E2 with 56/1.2 @ f/2:







HelenaN
Registered: Jul 18, 2008
Total Posts: 1709
Country: Norway

Tried X-A1 + XF 14mm for night shooting a couple of weeks ago. I'm generally happy with how they turned out (only the first one has had any post processing by me - all I did with the others was apply one of the new Fuji Lightroom color profiles).
There's one issue though; it's very hard to make the lights into starbursts. Either they are just an indistinct spot, or when they do look "star'ish" there's usually an ugly blob of flare next to them. I don't remember that it was so difficult with X-E1. For these shots it doesn't really bother me, but when the lights are closer to the camera it can be a problem.

























matsu131
Registered: Dec 27, 2005
Total Posts: 1006
Country: United States

Very nice Helena.



HelenaN
Registered: Jul 18, 2008
Total Posts: 1709
Country: Norway

Thank you!



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 4045
Country: Germany

HelenaN wrote:
Tried X-A1 + XF 14mm for night shooting a couple of weeks ago. I'm generally happy with how they turned out (only the first one has had any post processing by me - all I did with the others was apply one of the new Fuji Lightroom color profiles).
There's one issue though; it's very hard to make the lights into starbursts. Either they are just an indistinct spot, or when they do look "star'ish" there's usually an ugly blob of flare next to them. I don't remember that it was so difficult with X-E1. For these shots it doesn't really bother me, but when the lights are closer to the camera it can be a problem.

























Very nice set, Helena!
Regarding the missing "starbursts": it's probably more related to lens- or aperture-blade-design, as I've never seen really nice starbursts with Fujinon-XF-lenses. A former poster at this thread (sorry, don't recall his name, he posted mainly night-scenes in B&W, many with very distinct stars) wrote here once he'd choose the Voigtlaender 15mm over the XF14/2.8 because of the starbursts he got with the Voigtlaender.
Most of my manual focus Nikkor-lenses will show starburst's at command, no luck with the XF-optics so far ;-)


rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 6702
Country: United States

Wonderful morning light in Minneapolis



galenapass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 4731
Country: United States

X-E2 with 55-200

































HelenaN
Registered: Jul 18, 2008
Total Posts: 1709
Country: Norway

georgms wrote:
Very nice set, Helena!
Regarding the missing "starbursts": it's probably more related to lens- or aperture-blade-design, as I've never seen really nice starbursts with Fujinon-XF-lenses. A former poster at this thread (sorry, don't recall his name, he posted mainly night-scenes in B&W, many with very distinct stars) wrote here once he'd choose the Voigtlaender 15mm over the XF14/2.8 because of the starbursts he got with the Voigtlaender.
Most of my manual focus Nikkor-lenses will show starburst's at command, no luck with the XF-optics so far ;-)


Thank you! That sounds likely. I remember that was a bit difficult to do starbursts with X-E1 (same lens), but it didn't seem nearly as hard as this and I never noticed any ugly "flare blobs" either. Maybe it's just that I haven't been in exactly the same light situations yet, or else the lens coating on X-A1 is different and causes some internal reflections. Or perhaps a little of both.

Anyway, overall I'm very happy with the Fuji gear and the colors are just lovely. Now when we have the profiles in Lightroom it's even better.



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 3766
Country: United Kingdom



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 3766
Country: United Kingdom

and something different ... Fuji x-t1 and ancient nikkor-s 50mm



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 6702
Country: United States

Finally got to do some landscape with the X-T1. I had one issue. Somehow the camera setting went to jpeg and would not let me set it to RAW. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. I shut the camera off, changed lenses and it became accessible to switch back to raw. What prevents the camera from going to RAW mode?

Sunrise at Deerfield Beech, Florida.



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 3766
Country: United Kingdom

The camera won't go to raw if it's in drive modes CH or CL, bracketing mode or double exposure mode. Easy dial to knock.



1       2       3              229      
230
       231              578       579       end