Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/225

1       2       3              225      
226
       227              333       334       end

trueimage
Registered: Apr 16, 2004
Total Posts: 1338
Country: Canada

A little off topic, but what nikon or any other "macro" lens setup would someone recommend for > 1:1 mag?



mnscott
Registered: Jul 03, 2005
Total Posts: 261
Country: United States

I've been enjoying your images from around Minneapolis, rji2goleez! I live in the city also, although I work in St. Paul. Glad to see your enjoying your X-T1. Still waiting for mine, but have been using my X-E2 in the meantime.



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 3049
Country: United States

trueimage wrote:
A little off topic, but what nikon or any other "macro" lens setup would someone recommend for > 1:1 mag?

With any Nikon, to get more than 1:1 (or 1.5:1 on a Dx sensor) you will need to employ extension tubes or a bellows. I know that the recently discontinued Canon MPE65 is amazing, but pricy. I personally use tubes like I did with my XE1...



najibs
Registered: Aug 24, 2003
Total Posts: 1200
Country: Canada

First REAL day of spring in Canada...



timpdx
Registered: Feb 02, 2005
Total Posts: 1837
Country: United States

The 55-200 doing it usual Amazing job on this old sign in the Mojave Desert today. (vintage sign along US 395 advertising Reno as a destination)



MartinL
Registered: Apr 17, 2004
Total Posts: 23
Country: United Kingdom

@najibs - With all the attention of the XF56 and XF23 recently, your photo's are a cool reminder of just how good that XF35 really is. Nice photo's!



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 4731
Country: United States

A few from last night walking around town.



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2202
Country: United Kingdom

Fuji xt1 // 35mm



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2202
Country: United Kingdom

Fuji XT1 + 23mm



HPS3
Registered: May 31, 2012
Total Posts: 183
Country: United States

XT1 and 55-200

Enjoying the weather by Harry Shields, on Flickr

XE2 and 18-55

Throw Me Something by Harry Shields, on Flickr

18-55

Monorail B&W by Harry Shields, on Flickr



galenapass
Registered: Feb 09, 2006
Total Posts: 3934
Country: United States

X-E2 18-55







Alpha_Geist
Registered: Apr 20, 2011
Total Posts: 392
Country: United States

Hey everyone!

I'm about ready to take the plunge on the X-T1, but I'm a little green on the fujinon lenses. There's a huge sale over at B&H, Adorama and Amazon (US) that's ending on the 5th. Since the X-T1 is out of stock, which 2 to 3 lenses would you all recommend picking up?

I'm asking because I don't think I'll get the X-T1 before April 5th, and I should jump on the lenses now to take advantage of the deep discounts before they disappear.

These are the lenses that have the deep discounts:

XF 14mm: $200 off (price $700)
XF 18mm: $200 off (price $400)
XF 23mm: $150 off (price $750)
XF 27mm: $250 off (price $200)
XF 35mm: $150 off (price $450)
XF 60mm: $250 off (price $400)
XF 55-200: $200 off (price $500)

I hear the 60mm macro is pretty stellar and for $199 the 27mm seems like a no-brainer, right?



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2202
Country: United Kingdom

My favourite by far is the 35mm but it really depends on the type of photos you take.



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 4731
Country: United States

If you shoot primes, 14, 23, 35mm are great!



Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2202
Country: United Kingdom

X-T1 // 35mm







bcaslis
Registered: Mar 10, 2003
Total Posts: 738
Country: United States

Alpha_Geist wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm about ready to take the plunge on the X-T1, but I'm a little green on the fujinon lenses. There's a huge sale over at B&H, Adorama and Amazon (US) that's ending on the 5th. Since the X-T1 is out of stock, which 2 to 3 lenses would you all recommend picking up?

I'm asking because I don't think I'll get the X-T1 before April 5th, and I should jump on the lenses now to take advantage of the deep discounts before they disappear.

These are the lenses that have the deep discounts:

XF 14mm: $200 off (price $700)
XF 18mm: $200 off (price $400)
XF 23mm: $150 off (price $750)
XF 27mm: $250 off (price $200)
XF 35mm: $150 off (price $450)
XF 60mm: $250 off (price $400)
XF 55-200: $200 off (price $500)

I hear the 60mm macro is pretty stellar and for $199 the 27mm seems like a no-brainer, right?


It depends on what you want to shoot. I love the 35, 60, 14, and 55-200. The 23 is certainly a great lens but I haven't really gelled with it yet. The 27 is a great deal and works great but feels too small to me on the X-T1. If you have any need for telephoto, run don't walk to get the 55-200. The 35 is fantastic if you like the normal nifty fifty view. The 14 is just a stellar UWA. The 60 is razor sharp, very good for portraits and macro, and just seems a steal to me at the price.



lifthard2001
Registered: Nov 25, 2009
Total Posts: 902
Country: United States

From a recent trip to Italy .Shot with XE2 and Zeiss 12 and Fuji 35









Ian Boys
Registered: Feb 09, 2009
Total Posts: 2202
Country: United Kingdom

Lovely, esp #2



rji2goleez
Registered: Jun 24, 2003
Total Posts: 4731
Country: United States

^ Outstanding images!

From my walk to work this morning. Wonderful morning light.



mortalc01l
Registered: Mar 24, 2014
Total Posts: 10
Country: United States

rji2goleez wrote:
^ Outstanding images!

From my walk to work this morning. Wonderful morning light.
I like number 3.... number 5 almost looks like HDR there's so much dynamic range in it.



1       2       3              225      
226
       227              333       334       end