/forum/topic/1097477/204

1       2       3              204      
       206              309       310       end

Mike Elfner
Total Posts: 99

@Jman: wonderful!

najibs
Total Posts: 1200

Finally getting the hang of the x-trans sensor editing in Lightroom...

najibs

And another…b&w vs colour

robert829
Total Posts: 535

Wow very nice shots najibs

J_Andrew
Total Posts: 692

najibs wrote:

Nice. Do you mind sharing how you got that look in LR? Love the colors and feel to the image.

MartinL
Total Posts: 23

@najabs........That colour one is absolutely gorgeous, a cracker of a photo!

RKPhotoNJ
Total Posts: 92

A few from my first shoot with my new Fuji kit - X-Pro1, 18mm, 35mm, and 60mm

Zoe West by rickkruegerphotography, on Flickr

Jman13
Total Posts: 10621

How 'bout some night city shots! All with the X-T1 and 14/2.8 except the last, which is with the 35/1.4 (cross post from my X-T1 impressions thread)

Tjgator
Total Posts: 48

x100 candid portrait jpeg:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103727946@N06/12826503915/lightbox/

traveler
Total Posts: 3438

Shared this on another thread, however thought some might be interested to see how the new X-T1 does with the 18-55 f2.8-f4 lens in RAW processed with PhotoNinja at ISO6400. My favorite guitar of course, a Martin D42. The room was actually darker than it appears but the camera brought up the exposure nicely and not the noise. A very freeing experience to know you can shoot with near careless abandon where ISO is concerned.

traveler
Total Posts: 3438

Yo Jman13, nice to see night shots without the noise isn't it? So what are you processing in? RAW or Jpeg?

Jman13

These are all RAW. The first three are in Photo Ninja...last one is in ACR...PN didn't do a good job with the blown yellows on the tower..they looked really unnatural in PN. With this type of shot and how incredibly bright those lights are, I let them blow intentionally, but they need to blow gracefully, which they did in ACR, but not so much in PN. Otherwise, for shots like these, Photo Ninja is doing a really nice job.

Normally, I will be using Lightroom or C1 Pro, though Photo Ninja does a wonderful job in situations where I need lots of detail or where LR has the watercolor fun. PN seems to eliminate that entirely, so it'll be a nice go-to in those circumstances, but the workflow is rather annoying, so with my X-E2 I'll just use Lightroom for most work as usual...for the T1, it's a pain loading them individually in ACR, and so Photo Ninja actually has slightly better workflow right now too.

najibs

J_Andrew wrote:
najibs wrote:

Nice. Do you mind sharing how you got that look in LR? Love the colors and feel to the image.

Bump up clarity, exposure, and then vignette it.

cyra
Total Posts: 795

I am a new XE-1 user, and wonder where I find the peaking function. The firmware is apparantly updated, I was told, not sure where I find this either. Can you help me with this?
thanks, cyra

fsiagian
Total Posts: 1786

Go the fuji website and download it to your computer

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xe1/

Jman13

cyra wrote:
I am a new XE-1 user, and wonder where I find the peaking function. The firmware is apparantly updated, I was told, not sure where I find this either. Can you help me with this?
thanks, cyra

If you're on the latest firmware, you can enable peaking by entering manual focus mode (with the front switch) and then long pressing on the rear control dial. This will switch between normal and peaking mode. A quick press zooms in, a long press changes focus aids.

mawz
Total Posts: 7886

Jman13 wrote:
If you're on the latest firmware, you can enable peaking by entering manual focus mode (with the front switch) and then long pressing on the rear control dial. This will switch between normal and peaking mode. A quick press zooms in, a long press changes focus aids.

It's also worth noting that the long press works even if zoomed in (and does not cancel the zoom). A very elegant implementation.

fsiagian
Total Posts: 1786

All these firmware updates really make me love my Fuji even more. Don't you think? Not that many companies do that.

cyra
Total Posts: 795

Thank you guys. That is quite handy. The update seems to be done since the peaking and magnificition works.
My second question was, if I can find the actual firmware number somewhere in the menu ?

Jman13

Turn on the camera while holding the DISP/Back button.

1       2       3              204      
       206              309       310       end