Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/178

1       2       3              178      
       180              577       578       end

jgoetz4
Total Posts: 743

The only parts missing from the retro looking Fuji X series are the film rewind crank and advance lever

Jman13
Total Posts: 13003

Christmas photos for the yearly card. Tough this year, since we had about 3 minutes of cooperative baby. X-E2 and 35/1.4 at f/7.1 for the first two, and the Canon FL 55/1.2 and Speed Booster at 39mm f/0.85 on the last.

millsart
Total Posts: 6114

jgoetz4 wrote:
The only parts missing from the retro looking Fuji X series are the film rewind crank and advance lever

Or the front window for the optical finder on the X-E2

I half want to put a decal on mine as the front of the camera just looks so odd to me with a solid expanse of metal.

Nicolas_Goulet
Total Posts: 120

Ice Cold Paradise by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr

corposant
Total Posts: 2959

wispy cloud season

Sal Baker
Total Posts: 575

alba63 wrote:
Spyro P. wrote:
Nah they're definitely doing i right.
people obviously love these cameras and sensors because they are buying them in large quantities,

I didn't want to say they are not good, just that since the X-Pro1 (march 2012) all subsequent cameras have had the same sensor with the same performance, except for the addition of PDAF pixels, so instead of making the X-Trans sensor better, they just made it redder.

BTW, last info I read was that the imaging department of Fuji still made losses in the last year, due to the compact cameras which don't go well. They also said that the X line does better, but compacts tear them down.

Except that you have different (and more valid) info, this is what I read in several places.

Bernie

Interesting, I haven't had the red problem with my X-E2.

If you search for Fuji annual reports for the last couple of years you'll see Fuji's camera strategy laid out pretty clearly. They say their road to profitability in digital imaging is cost containment, and moving away from the smart phone impacted low end market and focusing on the higher end market.

This strategy requires mostly word of mouth promotion to be successful. I think it is starting to take hold but will require several years to affect market share in that space. A few months ago I never heard of Fuji X cameras, now I hear lots of favorable Fuji buzz initiated by Nikon's big retro Df marketing campaign. I ended up buying a Fuji system and selling my FF gear.

Sal

Nicolas_Goulet
Total Posts: 120

mfoto
Total Posts: 2412

DP Review has posted XF 23 1.4R review samples for anyone interested:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/fujifilm-xf-23mm-f1-4r-samples-gallery

dthrog00
Total Posts: 478

How have people who came to Fuji X from Canon done with the Fuji menu system? Canon is by no means perfect, but their menu system is great IMHO.

Dave

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

The Fuji Q button is great. Beats the heck out of Nikons menu on their consumer and semipro line.

shujert
Total Posts: 322

Untitled by Jier-Shu Chen, on Flickr

Drew Newell
Total Posts: 164

dthrog00 wrote:
How have people who came to Fuji X from Canon done with the Fuji menu system? Canon is by no means perfect, but their menu system is great IMHO.

Dave

Shot Canon for 10 years before switching to the Fuji system last month. Still getting used to it, but IMO it's great! I'm only a hobby photog though FWIW.

millsart
Total Posts: 6114

FUji menu's have gotten much less maddening in recent years. Use to be really annoying with having logical things in 2 DIFFERENT menu locations such as auto ISO under one menu and ISO under a different menu. How no one thought those things might make sense together I don't know...

But never the less, they have really improved it quite a bit and it works well now

Drew Newell
Total Posts: 164

Figured I'd share a few shots from my first real shooting with the X-E2. Have only really used the 35mm f/1.4 so far because I haven't done much outdoors lately. These are all from our stay in the hospital during/after the birth of our boys (yep, plural, fraternal twins) a few weeks ago. Most of these shot using natural light, I think the one of the wife with the popsicle is the only one I used the pop-up flash on. She'd probably kill me if she knew that was being posted of her too

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

Drew Newell wrote:
Figured I'd share a few shots from my first real shooting with the X-E2. Have only really used the 35mm f/1.4 so far because I haven't done much outdoors lately. These are all from our stay in the hospital during/after the birth of our boys (yep, plural, fraternal twins) a few weeks ago. Most of these shot using natural light, I think the one of the wife with the popsicle is the only one I used the pop-up flash on. She'd probably kill me if she knew that was being posted of her too

Great set and congratulations!

TMaG82
Total Posts: 1764

Drew Newell wrote:

Congrats! These pictures will last a lifetime and more. I remember takin pictures of my daughter when she was born and those will be forever special for me. In fact I have a tradition that with every new camera the very first picture I take is of my wife and now my daughter. That way no matter how bad I mess up exposure, that first click will be special regardless based on the subject.

TimArruda
Total Posts: 155

A few from the snow storm Sunday night here in Chicago. All shot with an X-E1 and the 35 1.4.

_DSF3153 by TimArruda, on Flickr

_DSF3163 by TimArruda, on Flickr

Some fun with Christmas lights and bokeh....

_DSF3174 by TimArruda, on Flickr

_DSF3187 by TimArruda, on Flickr

_DSF3189 by TimArruda, on Flickr

_DSF3197 by TimArruda, on Flickr

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 177

Drew when your wife sees the popsicle shot you are a dead man The last one with Mother & child is wicked good!

Tim the Chicago shots are nice, especially #2 well done

Snowed here in NH as well, so I took a walk through the woods in the middle of it all. I thought this shot would make for good play in the new NIK Analog Efex filter

Mike Elfner
Total Posts: 319

As you know I'm using the X-Pro1.

My wife now also want's to enter a more serious photography. She has an excellent eye, but does not yet know anything about photography like shutter speed, aperture, manual, ISO, dynamic range, etc. In the post she used a cheap compact camera but she is not longer satisfied with the results. So, it seems clear to get a Fuji, but which one?

I can get here in Switzerland new X-M1 with the kit lens for the same price as a new X-A1 with the double lens kit ... Or is even a used X-E2 the way to go?

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards
Mike

TimArruda
Total Posts: 155

W.T. Jones wrote:
Drew when your wife sees the popsicle shot you are a dead man The last one with Mother & child is wicked good!

Tim the Chicago shots are nice, especially #2 well done

Snowed here in NH as well, so I took a walk through the woods in the middle of it all. I thought this shot would make for good play in the new NIK Analog Efex filter

Nice shot. It's amazing to me how peaceful the snow can make things look.

1       2       3              178      
       180              577       578       end