Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/178

1       2       3              178      
       180              240       241       end

alba63
Total Posts: 517

Spyro P. wrote:
you know what they say in marketing? if you can't make it good, make it big. If you can't make it big, make it red... or pink/orange in my case

Wow, that was enlightening - I never heard this marketing device, but it certainly makes sense.

But the sunset cityscape shot was through a Cokin filter that gave the color? Luckily, I was wondering already about the color which at least does not seem too natural.

Although I certainly feel Fuji has been following the "make it red/ orange" method, looking at all those X-E2 online samples: They haven't really managed to make it really better (sensor), nor bigger (MP), so they made it more red....

Mike Elfner
Total Posts: 62

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 2817

alba63 wrote:
Although I certainly feel Fuji has been following the "make it red/ orange" method, looking at all those X-E2 online samples: They haven't really managed to make it really better (sensor), nor bigger (MP), so they made it more red....

Nah they're definitely doing i right.
people obviously love these cameras and sensors because they are buying them in large quantities, and fuji's imaging solutions division is breaking even for the first time after many years.
Which is an achievement and a half in this industry where most companies are making losses these days.

alba63
Total Posts: 517

Spyro P. wrote:
people obviously love these cameras and sensors because they are buying them in large quantities,

I didn't want to say they are not good, just that since the X-Pro1 (march 2012) all subsequent cameras have had the same sensor with the same performance, except for the addition of PDAF pixels, so instead of making the X-Trans sensor better, they just made it redder.

BTW, last info I read was that the imaging department of Fuji still made losses in the last year, due to the compact cameras which don't go well. They also said that the X line does better, but compacts tear them down.

Except that you have different (and more valid) info, this is what I read in several places.

Bernie

georgms
Total Posts: 3076

A sketch-like processed shot with the X-Pro1 and XF18/2, miles apart from the original RAF-file, but pretty close to the images I've captured with my eyes and mind ;-)

sand-blasting during storm-deep "Xaver", X-Pro1 and XF18 at f/8

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 2817

alba63 wrote:
Spyro P. wrote:
people obviously love these cameras and sensors because they are buying them in large quantities,

I didn't want to say they are not good, just that since the X-Pro1 (march 2012) all subsequent cameras have had the same sensor with the same performance, except for the addition of PDAF pixels, so instead of making the X-Trans sensor better, they just made it redder.

BTW, last info I read was that the imaging department of Fuji still made losses in the last year, due to the compact cameras which don't go well. They also said that the X line does better, but compacts tear them down.

Except that you have different (and more valid) info, this is what I read in several places.

Bernie

Hi Bernie, yes still lossess but only just, which is a huge improvement from previous years. True about compacts but who cares, the pertinent point for us users is that x series sales are on the up hence commercially viable and the company will keep supporting and evolving them.

Anyway this is an image thread, here's a couple from an event at a greek music venue
ceiling bounced flash mostly with the x-e2 and x100s

Mike Elfner
Total Posts: 62

@georgms
I like your vision!

Nicolas_Goulet
Total Posts: 103

End of a Season by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr

BokehBeauty
Total Posts: 137

The low light focusing capability of the X-E2 allows me to take pictures in light conditions I wouldn't have even tried with the X-E1. This room had very little light. Pictures with only little fill-in flash required 1/30s @f1.4 at ISO 3200.
Now I should have taken more care on the off-camera positioning of the flash (EF-X20) to avoid the shadows while preserving the high key exposure on the important parts. Anyhow I like this image.

X-E2, 35mm @2.8 1/60s, ISO 3200.

jgoetz4
Total Posts: 522

The only parts missing from the retro looking Fuji X series are the film rewind crank and advance lever

Jman13
Total Posts: 9833

Christmas photos for the yearly card. Tough this year, since we had about 3 minutes of cooperative baby. X-E2 and 35/1.4 at f/7.1 for the first two, and the Canon FL 55/1.2 and Speed Booster at 39mm f/0.85 on the last.

millsart
Total Posts: 4272

jgoetz4 wrote:
The only parts missing from the retro looking Fuji X series are the film rewind crank and advance lever

Or the front window for the optical finder on the X-E2

I half want to put a decal on mine as the front of the camera just looks so odd to me with a solid expanse of metal.

Nicolas_Goulet

Ice Cold Paradise by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr

corposant
Total Posts: 2744

wispy cloud season

Sal Baker
Total Posts: 458

alba63 wrote:
Spyro P. wrote:

Bernie

Interesting, I haven't had the red problem with my X-E2.

If you search for Fuji annual reports for the last couple of years you'll see Fuji's camera strategy laid out pretty clearly. They say their road to profitability in digital imaging is cost containment, and moving away from the smart phone impacted low end market and focusing on the higher end market.

This strategy requires mostly word of mouth promotion to be successful. I think it is starting to take hold but will require several years to affect market share in that space. A few months ago I never heard of Fuji X cameras, now I hear lots of favorable Fuji buzz initiated by Nikon's big retro Df marketing campaign. I ended up buying a Fuji system and selling my FF gear.

Sal

Nicolas_Goulet

mfoto
Total Posts: 2307

DP Review has posted XF 23 1.4R review samples for anyone interested:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/fujifilm-xf-23mm-f1-4r-samples-gallery

dthrog00
Total Posts: 216

How have people who came to Fuji X from Canon done with the Fuji menu system? Canon is by no means perfect, but their menu system is great IMHO.

Dave

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2406

The Fuji Q button is great. Beats the heck out of Nikons menu on their consumer and semipro line.

shujert
Total Posts: 43

Untitled by Jier-Shu Chen, on Flickr

1       2       3              178      
       180              240       241       end