Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/174

1       2       3              174      
       176              308       309       end

adrianb
Total Posts: 510

dammit! if I keep watching this thread and what beautiful images the fuji X system takes, I'll be pawning my 24 1.4L II to finance for a X-M1

wilco23
Total Posts: 281

adrianb wrote:
dammit! if I keep watching this thread and what beautiful images the fuji X system takes, I'll be pawning my 24 1.4L II to finance for a X-M1

Main reason is there are best photographer behind X systems to create stunning images

RSSmith
Total Posts: 301

XF14

20131124 a009 by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20131124 a041 by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

Nicolas_Goulet
Total Posts: 120

Leo by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr

millsart
Total Posts: 4795

Got an email back from Helen at Adorama that she will need to pass my info onto a sales rep (never had much luck dealing with them)

Given the Amazon deal has since ended, I probably should of just bought an X-E2 at Amazon, along with the $499 55-200, which would of then had $200 off, meaning I'd get the lens for $299 and just returned everything to Adorama.

Given I've already got the 14mm and 23mm, I don't really have much interest in the 18 or 27mm or 35mm, and as I plan to buy the 56mm f1.2, the 60mm doesn't interest me either.

Guess in the long run, I'm basically just losing $100 on the 23mm f1.4, even though I'd gladly pick up a 55-200 for $299, even if just to sell to help offset the cost of the new camera and 23mm

Just a bit frustrating that if I didn't preorder, and if my X-E2 didn't ship Friday I could of simply bought the in stock camera from B&H, Adorama or Amazon, all of which had open stock, and gotten the savings.

Beginning to think there is no point of preordered anymore

Jman13
Total Posts: 10612

So, millsart, since you tend to rotate cameras on a weekly basis, how are you liking the X-E2? It's fitting me very well, but you tend to be rather picky. Is Fuji working out for you?

millsart
Total Posts: 4795

Haven't gotten it yet, should come today. I think it sounds like the updates should make it a much better overall camera experience.

I've always liked the Fuji glass, and held onto my 14mm from when I had the X-E1, so paired with the 23mm its pretty ideal as 21/35mm are great focal lengths for the way I shoot.

Real issues I had with the X-E1 weren't image quality, but rather just overall handling of the camera. The ergonomics were great, as I love the classic control interface, but the AF speed and EVF lag really were dealbreakers I couldn't get past. Just drove me crazy how the EVF would freeze up when focusing, or how the camera would hunt.

Sounds like Fuji fixed the issues I had, while keeping everything I liked, in addition to adding some useful features like min shutter speed for auto ISO and some improved MF modes, so I have high hopes

I ordered a Sony A7r as well, but honestly could be just as happy with the Fuji since I don't need 36 megs really, and care more about shooting experience and glass options.

A7r has some great files for sure, but if they don't have glass for a long while, like what happened when I was an early adopter of the NEX cameras, then what is the point of that great sensor.

Besides that, $1000 camera with high quality $899 glass certainly is easier on the wallet than a $2300 camera with $1000+ glass!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10612

Yeah, the AF is a big improvement. It will hunt every once in a while, but I've found every camera in the world does that on occasion, or if you miss an area with contrast or the like. Here's a quick video I did yesterday with the 35/1.4 (which is pretty slow focusing in the Fuji world). I held my phone up to the viewfinder and just focused around the room. You can see most of the time PDAF hits and locks quick...sometimes CDAF is needed, but still relatively quick...and one time I started on a low contrast area and it began to hunt a small bit before locking. The lens sounds really loud with the phone right up next to it. The 35/1.4 is a little noisy, but this is of course majorly amplified. Still...allows you to hear exactly when the lens starts focusing to get an idea of speed.

X-E2 Focus Test

corposant
Total Posts: 2787

millsart wrote:
but rather just overall handling of the camera.

I'm very happy with the iShoot grip - only 1 week to receive from China.

wilco23

corposant wrote:
millsart wrote:

Does it allow to change battery without removing the grip?

wilco23

Jman13 wrote:
Yeah, the AF is a big improvement. It will hunt every once in a while, but I've found every camera in the world does that on occasion, or if you miss an area with contrast or the like. Here's a quick video I did yesterday with the 35/1.4 (which is pretty slow focusing in the Fuji world). I held my phone up to the viewfinder and just focused around the room. You can see most of the time PDAF hits and locks quick...sometimes CDAF is needed, but still relatively quick...and one time I started on a low contrast area and it began to hunt a small bit before locking. The lens sounds really loud with the phone right up next to it. The 35/1.4 is a little noisy, but this is of course majorly amplified. Still...allows you to hear exactly when the lens starts focusing to get an idea of speed.

X-E2 Focus Test

In low contrast area focus in video, it did not get focus till you move the focus point but the rest look pretty snappy. Thanks for the video.

corposant
Total Posts: 2787

wilco23 wrote:
corposant wrote:
millsart wrote:

Does it allow to change battery without removing the grip?

Not sure about the X-E2, but it does give you access to the battery/card slots on the X-E1.

mfoto
Total Posts: 2330

From opening day at Silver Star Mountain, BC. X-Pro1, XF 35 1.4R, ND 0.9 filter the last three

georgms
Total Posts: 3399

Morten, love the first two shots! The shallow DoF of #2 works great, thanks for the reminder to grab the ND-filter!

Mike Elfner
Total Posts: 94

Mike Elfner
Total Posts: 94

georgms
Total Posts: 3399

Mike, I really like the "generous framing" on many of your fine photographs.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2878

Hows this for old school and rare...?! Shot today with my "Schacht Ulm Auto R Travenar 135mm f/3.5" on the Fuji EX1. I think I like this lens even more than any other lens I have. I think it has 18 aperture blades, I keep losing count!

Both shots are wide open.

_DSF3923 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

_DSF3917-Edit by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Converted and played with a little bit in LR 5.2.

Fursan
Total Posts: 132

Neither St.Petersburg nor the UK. Near Dubai..

turbodude
Total Posts: 1380

Chicago, IL, A nightscape photo of British artist, Anish Kapoor's, "Cloud Gate" in Millennium Park on November 26, 2013 (Photo by Al Powers, Powers Imagery.com)

Photo details:
Fuji Xe2
samyang 8.5mm fisheye
f5.6 @ 1.5"

Chicago, IL, A nightscape photo of British artist, Anish Kapoor's, "Cloud Gate" in Millennium Park on November 26, 2013 (Photo by Al Powers, Powers Imagery.com)

Photo details:
Fuji Xe2
fuji 18 f2

1       2       3              174      
       176              308       309       end