Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/166

1       2       3              166      
       168              579       580       end

Rob_O
Total Posts: 415

Jman13 wrote:
Rob - you do know that they moved the AF to the down arrow in previous X-E1 firmware upgrades, right?

... no, I somehow missed that. After reading your post I had to go back and look at Fuji's release notes. I see now that was introduced back in ver 1.06!!! That's too funny; I *hated* having to use both hands for focus point selection and that'd have been nice to know.

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 177

Jman13 wrote:

Well, if she's 93 now and cut the first ribbon in 1923, then she was 3 years old when she cut it the first time. Probably being held by her parents.

Right you are Jman, I screwd that up. she is actually 95. Nope it was her, she was 5. I should not reply to threads at O dark thirty and rely on my not so great memory.

Here is a quote from the seacoast news: describing the events of the day. "Their walk ended where, just a short time later, a frail but smiling Eileen Foley, a beloved former mayor of Portsmouth, officially cut the ribbon to symbolically open the bridge. Now 95, she was just 5 years old on that long-ago day in August 1923, when she cut the ribbon for the first Memorial Bridge".

Here is a link to the story http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130808-NEWS-130809747

alba63
Total Posts: 734

marko1953 wrote:
Fujifilm X-E1 , 18-55 lens. ISO 800, pop up flash.

Wow, it is not visible, looks very natural - I should start using it for portraits! Did you redirect it upwards, or direct?

Bernie

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

First frost.....
XE-1, 18-55....

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4684

Starting to get a handle on the Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2/58 with the X-E1. Basic conversion in LR5.2. Available light (which wasn't much) ISO 6400.

My wife seeing something silly online (she is lit by her laptop screen)

_DSF3641 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

marko1953
Total Posts: 690

alba63 wrote:
marko1953 wrote:

Wow, it is not visible, looks very natural - I should start using it for portraits! Did you redirect it upwards, or direct?

Bernie

Flash was direct not bounced. The original shot was underexposed due to the strong backlighting. In other portraits I have found the flash to be subtle , not too obvious. You can always dial it down as well.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4684

One more for tonight... Taken with the X-E1 and Nikkor 50/1.4 K @ f/4 and processed in LR5.2

_DSF3679 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

cputeq
Total Posts: 6046

alba63 wrote:
marko1953 wrote:

Bernie

XE-1 has a great fill flash - I've used it on several military retirements, dialed down, and it's awesome and usually hard to tell it was even used.

ddjohns1
Total Posts: 50

XE-1 has a great fill flash - I've used it on several military retirements, dialed down, and it's awesome and usually hard to tell it was even used.

I have struggled with fill flash on the XE1-- the manual adjustment only allows for +/- 2/3rds. (I'm not sure what the number means- if that means stops or %?). I would like to have greater control of the flash output than I'm getting. Sometimes you need just a "puff" of light, and I don't see how to do that on the XE1. If you have a technique please let me know!

Rob_O
Total Posts: 415

I agree the X-E1 flash works fairly well for fill in a pinch. I kept mine set to -2/3 FC by default, and have my X-E2 set to -1 for now.

X-E2 (with 35 f/1.4) using fill in a backlit scene ...

Holidaybucks by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Oldraven
Total Posts: 519

X-E1 & CV 50 f/1.5 VM

Jeffrey
Total Posts: 10815

X Pro 1, 60mm macro

doowop42
Total Posts: 380

ddjohns1 wrote:

I have struggled with fill flash on the XE1-- the manual adjustment only allows for +/- 2/3rds. (I'm not sure what the number means- if that means stops or %?). I would like to have greater control of the flash output than I'm getting. Sometimes you need just a "puff" of light, and I don't see how to do that on the XE1. If you have a technique please let me know!

-2/3 means the flash is 2/3 of its full power which is a good way to fill a photo when you have some shadow or strong back light.

leo11877

Rob_O wrote:
I agree the X-E1 flash works fairly well for fill in a pinch. I kept mine set to -2/3 FC by default, and have my X-E2 set to -1 for now.

X-E2 (with 35 f/1.4) using fill in a backlit scene ...

Holidaybucks by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Is it just me or the XE-2 pics look more crisper?

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

leo11877 wrote:

Nope, just you trying to justify a more expensive purchase.

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 2027

Oldraven...the sky in that sunrise is surreal...

Jeffrey....nice smooth tone in that shot of the sunflower.

Anyone lucky enough to have the Fuji 23 1.4? If so how is it compared to the 35 1.4? Thanks
Jack

Jman13
Total Posts: 13008

I just got the Fuji 23/1.4 in today for testing for the next week. It's not mine, and I have to send it back next Wednesday, but I have it for now. I've taken all of 5 pictures with it so far, so I can't comment much, except that it's sharp across 95% of the frame at f/1.4 and has gorgeous bokeh. It's a chunky lens, but surprisingly light and handles really nicely on the X-E1. Well built too...aperture ring feels nice. Far better than the one on the 14mm and close to how the 35mm and 60mm feel. It focuses a lot faster than the 35, even on the X-E1. I'd imagine it'll be very, very quick on the X-E2. At first blush, it's also notably sharper than the 35mm at f/1.4, especially at the edges. Has a fair bit of longitudinal CA at close focus distances, though.

Here's a quick test shot:

In other good news, my X-E2 pre-order from B&H is in stock and has been sent to the warehouse for shipping! (and I notice, they are showing Silver in stock now) So, if they get it out tonight, I should have it in my hands tomorrow. (Worst case would be Thursday if they don't get it shipped until tomorrow).

Edit: SHIPPED! Will be here tomorrow morning!

leo11877

michael49 wrote:
leo11877 wrote:

Nope, just you trying to justify a more expensive purchase.

Only if I had a $ for all the missed AF shots, I could upgrade for free

Jman13
Total Posts: 13008

A few more shots with the Fuji 23/1.4. Took it for a 5 minute spin at night, handheld.

Decided to try the crosswalk button shot I did with my FD 35/2 and speedbooster, but at night...could somewhat compare bokeh.

And some arches:

Slug69
Total Posts: 1172

Hi, is that noise reduction on the arches picture normal – could you post a processed raw picture where the NR isn’t on?

I would like to purchase the X-e2 when the 10 – 24 OIS but this pic has frightened me somewhat.

1       2       3              166      
       168              579       580       end