mfoto
Total Posts: 2340

X-Pro1 on Granville in Vancouver:

Nicolas_Goulet
Total Posts: 120

Autumn Memories by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 2128

Love that Vancouver Harbour shot. I miss the sea.

RSSmith
Total Posts: 305

20131103 a059 by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

Fisheye shots are often love 'em or hate 'em. I've never been a big fan of the distortion, but have to admit I love using 'em. Here are a few from our recent trip to NYC, using the X-E1 with Rokinon/Samyang 8mm f/2.8. All taken with at either f/8 or f/11.

alba63
Total Posts: 551

Wow, the Vancouver shot (boats on water) is pretty incredible! Thanks for posting...

sertsa
Total Posts: 82

Hey Rob_O,

Just picked up the Samyang 8mm fish and am headed to NYC next week with an X-E1. Nice shots.

Has anybody ever messed with defishing this combo. Couldn't swing the 14mm just now, so thought I'd mess with the fisheye as is and also shoot with a thought towards maybe getting some corrected wideangle shots.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10691

This is a defished shot from the Samyang. It's not an easy fisheye to defish because it has a unique projection (stereographic) that differs from what most other fisheyes use...it's almost a more rectilinear fisheye to start with, if that makes sense.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2981

Great color and nice job defishing the 8mm. I always struggled with that a little bit with the Nikon 10.5. Good preparation is key in defishing a lens. You did it splendidly.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

sertsa wrote:
Hey Rob_O,

Just picked up the Samyang 8mm fish and am headed to NYC next week with an X-E1. Nice shots.

Has anybody ever messed with defishing this combo. Couldn't swing the 14mm just now, so thought I'd mess with the fisheye as is and also shoot with a thought towards maybe getting some corrected wideangle shots.

I have the 14 as well. Spectacular lens ... but not quite wide enough. I've been tempted to buy the 12mm Zeiss, but think I'll just wait to pick up the 10-24 XF when it finally releases.

Here are a few from our hotel terrace using the 14 f/2.8:

sertsa
Total Posts: 82

Thanks Jman. Grew up in N OH, and am OSU alum, enjoy your shots of that part of the country.

So what are the broad strokes of de-fishing? What is involved in "Good preparation is key in defishing a lens"? You must shoot with defishing in mind? What software works well?

I guess like any wide keeping it level and straight ahead (not pointed up or down) seems to minimize the effect in some cases.

Tim

X-E1, Bower 8mm fish

kwoodard

I use DxO to defish images. Just like keeping composition in mind for a normal fisheye shot, the same holds for images that you will defish later. With DxO, you seem to lose about 21% of the image when you do this (while retaining quality). If you can live with soft edges and some distortion, then you won't really lose much.

This is an example of a defished shot with the Nikon 10.5mm. The outer 20+% was "funky" after being defished because of compression in some areas and stretching in others.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinwoodard/9888972326/

absolutic
Total Posts: 1376

Alexey011
Total Posts: 47

X-E1 18-55

jonrock
Total Posts: 444

Rob_O wrote:
This arrived today. I've transferred my AA strap and lensmate thumb rest from the X-E1, as well as dialled in camera settings, assigned functions to Fn buttons, etc. Can't wait to start shooting with

Rob_O, what's your first impressions of the X-E2? I like the IQ I'm getting from my X-E1 but I just wish the AF was a bit faster.

kwoodard

Still learning the Fuji X-E1, this time with the Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 2/58. The adapter I am using is an old design, with rediculously shiny black paint inside, so I think some of the contrast has been lost. I do like the bokeh it produces.

_DSF3693 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

kwoodard

A different 50, the Nikkor 50/1.4 K, on the Fuji X-E1. I enjoy how it renders color with the Fuji. Processed ever-so-slightly in LR 5.2.

_DSF3680 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

twelveish
Total Posts: 105

A lot of good work in here as usual. I picked up the Bower 8mm fisheye in NYC myself in August but didn't get to use it much before we moved on. My backlog for editing is so bad at the moment that I am just getting to the photos from the road trip that followed. Here's a shot from Bar Harbor, Maine, one from (the drive up to) Cadillac Mountain and a bridge in Kittery that caught my attention.

XF35

XF1855

RSSmith
Total Posts: 305

20131109 a097 by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20131109 a125b by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

1       2       3              165      
       167              320       321       end