Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/153

1       2       3              153      
154
       155              288       289       end

cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

kwoodard wrote:


cputeq wrote:
A trip with just the wife to the botanical gardens today, and wouldn't you know we discovered a (rather substantial) part of the gardens I'd simply missed in four previous trips !

If the EXIF reads 24mm, it's the Minolta 35-70/3.5 macro


Nice set. Seems you have a nice experience using adapters... Which one are you using?

I have an X-Rite on the way, now I can be closer to life rather than just in the ballpark. Which one do you have?


For an adapter I just got a Rainbow Imaging MD to X mount I believe, though I can't remember for sure (it's unmarked, like most items of this type).

For X-rite, I have the Colorchecker passport. Works great for establishing baselines when you're doing raw editing, much better than Adobe's defaults in LR, I use it for my 5d3 also.

Some of these posted, though, were JPEGs -- I went back to the Raws on the memory card and developed using Velvia instead of NegH



cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

allstarimaging wrote:
Brought my son back to college today after the long weekend and grabbed a couple of quick shots with the XE-1 and 14 2.8 combo. Midday light. It did a pretty good job...

Jack


Yep very nice results considering the lighting conditions!



cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

Another 5 from the Botanics:



HelenaN
Registered: Jul 18, 2008
Total Posts: 1066
Country: Norway

Thank you xbarcelo, Rob and John!

cputeq, really like the first two above. Funny with the two bugs caught in the act.



cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

HelenaN wrote:
Thank you xbarcelo, Rob and John!

cputeq, really like the first two above. Funny with the two bugs caught in the act.



Thanks Helena, I wish I had a bit more DOF on that bug shot, it was unfortunately hard to see the DOF using the viewfinder and I thought I had both bugs' faces in focus, but oh well



TimArruda
Registered: Jun 21, 2004
Total Posts: 99
Country: United States

I haven't posted for quite some time. I moved to Chicago and really haven't been out shooting much at all. The past two days I biked over to both Graceland and Rosehill Cemeteries with my camera. There is some amazing statuary in both of them. The history is palpable, and it seemed like a good time of year to be shooting there

All pictures were taken with my X-E1 and 35 1.4.


_DSF1566 by TimArruda, on Flickr


_DSF1520 by TimArruda, on Flickr


_DSF1731 by TimArruda, on Flickr


_DSF1689 by TimArruda, on Flickr


_DSF1786 by TimArruda, on Flickr



jtchuk
Registered: Apr 03, 2011
Total Posts: 31
Country: Canada

X-Pro1 and 35mm at the beach:



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10344
Country: United States

Who needs full frame? Fuji X-E1 with 35/1.4:



















cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

Jman you're trying to talk yourself out of it, just like I am, but I think I'm going to fail...



photosteph
Registered: Apr 03, 2005
Total Posts: 537
Country: Canada

I feel kind of silly posting here after all the great- i mean, really- pictures in this thread.
But all you guyś work eventually made me cave in, and go for a Xe-1 plus 18-55. Used the nice rebate going on right now...
The funny thing is, i just love the fuji colors and skin tones, but it's this B&W treatment of a cold and foggy morning at home that i keep going back to...
So anyways, c&c welcomes, i am just an amateur in love with photography, with loads to learn...







cputeq
Registered: Jun 25, 2008
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

photosteph wrote:
I feel kind of silly posting here after all the great- i mean, really- pictures in this thread.
But all you guyś work eventually made me cave in, and go for a Xe-1 plus 18-55. Used the nice rebate going on right now...
The funny thing is, i just love the fuji colors and skin tones, but it's this B&W treatment of a cold and foggy morning at home that i keep going back to...
So anyways, c&c welcomes, i am just an amateur in love with photography, with loads to learn...







Congrats on the new kit and no reason to feel silly! We're here for the love of photography, not really a contest.

That said, since you welcome C&C -- I like the composition of the shot, but it looks like you've got a lot of color there that of course goes away with the B&W treatment. Have you considered trying an alternate color treatment, maybe reducing contrast and some vibrance but keeping it color? That said, looks good as-is!

Looking forward to more!

edit - okay if I had a nit to pick, it's that white car's ass on the left side of the image



tjpenton
Registered: Jan 04, 2011
Total Posts: 275
Country: Canada

All taken with the xe-1 and 35mm/1.4









photosteph
Registered: Apr 03, 2005
Total Posts: 537
Country: Canada

cputeq wrote:
photosteph wrote:
I feel kind of silly posting here after all the great- i mean, really- pictures in this thread.
But all you guyś work eventually made me cave in, and go for a Xe-1 plus 18-55. Used the nice rebate going on right now...
The funny thing is, i just love the fuji colors and skin tones, but it's this B&W treatment of a cold and foggy morning at home that i keep going back to...
So anyways, c&c welcomes, i am just an amateur in love with photography, with loads to learn...







Congrats on the new kit and no reason to feel silly! We're here for the love of photography, not really a contest.

That said, since you welcome C&C -- I like the composition of the shot, but it looks like you've got a lot of color there that of course goes away with the B&W treatment. Have you considered trying an alternate color treatment, maybe reducing contrast and some vibrance but keeping it color? That said, looks good as-is!

Looking forward to more!

edit - okay if I had a nit to pick, it's that white car's ass on the left side of the image



You are right, the original (fall foliage) has lots of greens, reds and yellows...
and yes that damn Acura sticks out!

Thanks for your thoughts,



photosteph
Registered: Apr 03, 2005
Total Posts: 537
Country: Canada

And another B&W for your C&C...I am on a roll!

At the amusement park a few weeks ago...



Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10344
Country: United States

Some shots from this morning. Wild, changing light and beautiful fall morning mist. All but the one with the leaf with the 55-200. The leaf shot is with the 35/1.4.

























And one from last week at Notre Dame, with the 14/2.8:






Nicolas_Goulet
Registered: Jan 19, 2011
Total Posts: 120
Country: Canada


Bridge Over The Swamp by Nicolas_Goulet, on Flickr



xenor
Registered: Dec 06, 2012
Total Posts: 110
Country: N/A

I haven't been around in a while and I'm awed by the past many pages of wonderful work by so many people. Great stuff!

Here are a few with X-E1 and Super Takumar 105mm f/2.8





















Jman13
Registered: May 02, 2005
Total Posts: 10344
Country: United States

X-E1 with 60/2.4 Macro:







kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 2730
Country: United States

xenor wrote:
I haven't been around in a while and I'm awed by the past many pages of wonderful work by so many people. Great stuff!

Here are a few with X-E1 and Super Takumar 105mm f/2.8

Nice set! Which adapter are you using? Are there any that are better than others? I see the Metabones units and they are pricey!

Jordan, lovely macro. Love the contrast in color and texture.



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3301
Country: Germany

Kevin, I have two Metabones-adapters (standard-type, not the sophisticated Speedboosters, for Nikon-F-mount and Leica-R-mount). They are well-made in my opinion, have removeable tripod-mounts (Arca-style dovetail-profile), but are kinda heavy. For hefty or rather long lenses I prefer a tripod-mount on the adapter to take some stress from the camera-mount.



1       2       3              153      
154
       155              288       289       end