150              578       579       end

johnahill
Total Posts: 3390

Jman13 wrote:
Two HDRs with the X-M1 and Fuji 14/2.8:

Great shots Jordan, not too overdone.

Jman13
Total Posts: 13005

I have barely scratched the surface of the shots I took today at The Preisdent's Cup, but here's one I like with Keegan Bradley - X-E1 and 55-200. Blur is exaggerated in post to provide better separation.

Jesse Giammatt
Total Posts: 138

Love the pano feature of the XE1, and the fall colours of Niagara too!

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 3417

Jordan, nice! The B&W HDR shows severe moire on my monitors, almost like newton rings, in the centre of the frame. Is that jpeg compression or what else
also, good PS skills with the blur, I wouldnt know where to start to get such an accurate mask...

Jesse Giammatt, I like this one. This framing would be too unbalanced normally but the two trees on each side make it work for me

Jman13

Yeah, the moire is a result of extremely fine detail upon resizing...I can't seem to get the image to resize for the web without it showing up without completely obliterating the detail in that area.

Anyway, here's another with the 55-200, which I picked up for myself yesterday (I had a review sample a few months back and have been saving/selling for it since...and I think my copy might even be better than the one I originally reviewed...it's awesomely good).

This is at 200mm f/4.8 near minimum focus distance.

Jman13

One more - Let's Go Bucs!

Spyro P.

keeper lens and photo

cputeq
Total Posts: 6039

I've been out for quite a while, work's keeping me busy, but excellent photos for pages and pages, everyone

I'm going on a scenic train trip this Sunday (first ever train trip), so hopefully I'll have some keepers with my Fuji and Canon combo (of course I won't dirty the thread with the Canon keepers)

Spyro P.

these are a couple of flyers or stickers on the footpath in case anyone is wondering

Jman13

Two more shots with the 55-200 at The President's Cup:

Tiger hacks one out from under a tree:

Mickelson tees off:

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4681

Jman13 wrote:
Two HDRs with the X-M1 and Fuji 14/2.8:

These are phenomenal Jordan, well done! Can you share your processing (either here or via PM)? I am considering picking up an X-E1 and have heard about the issues some people have with RAF's...

Jman13

kwoodard wrote:

These are phenomenal Jordan, well done! Can you share your processing (either here or via PM)? I am considering picking up an X-E1 and have heard about the issues some people have with RAF's...

Thanks. Those are three exposure HDRs, converted from RAW using Capture One Express 7.1.4. The HDR was done using HDR Efex Pro 2, using the Deep 2 preset to start, then tweaking to taste. Final B&W conversion done on the second image in Silver Efex Pro 2.

Here are two from today (non-HDR):

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 2027

RobO---Great shots as always. Looking at your images makes me want to get out with the 14mm 2.8 more often.

Spyro--That shot of the girl in black and white dress has a lot of symmetry going on. I like it!

Jman-- Liking your skyline shots. Only thing I would say is the skin tone in the Tiger shot is off.

I took my XE-1 and 35 1.4 on a walk this afternoon with my wife and dog.. Fall colors are starting to pop here in New England. Couple from the walk all shot in Standard Film. Not much done on these other than some one click adjustments in Lightroom. Thanks for looking.

Jack

BokehBeauty
Total Posts: 386

Italy seen thru Contax f2.8 90mm @f5.6

and rendered by PhotoNinja

BokehBeauty
Total Posts: 386

Fuji X-E1 with Sigma 150mm macro f2.8 @f5.6

ceder
Total Posts: 299

A snapshot with the Fujinon 55-200 earlier this summer, celebration of midsummer.

Developed with Ninja Photo, tweaked a bit in CS6.

cputeq
Total Posts: 6039

Attended the Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque today. It's awesome, highly recommended, even with the cold and the crowds.

XE1 and 18-55, mostly OOC jpgs with maybe slight crops or dust spot removal.

Lots more to process, and I have more shots over in the City forum if you want to see some from the 5D3 also. Thanks!

georgesaad
Total Posts: 94

... by george saad, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4681

George, that is simply beautiful.

mgutman
Total Posts: 232

+1

1       2       3              148      
       150              578       579       end