/forum/topic/1097477/145

1       2       3              145      
       147              577       578       end

jtchuk
Total Posts: 32

Just got an adapter to use the C/Y Zeiss 50mm 1.4 on the X-Pro1:

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 3738

My first 4 images taken with my newly acquired Minolta CLE MC Rokkor-M 40mm f2.0 lens and my tripod mounted X-E1 camera. Images processed in LR 5.2. All images taken of and around Jordan Creek in the Trexler Nature Preserve, Schnecksville, PA. Lens set to f11 (for depth of field) with shutter speeds varying between 0.5 and 1/3 of a second. Images taken in late early evening in shade.

Rich

Rob_O
Total Posts: 415

Autumn is officially here. Today's color is therefore brought to you by the color, Orange.

X-E1 and 35 f/1.4 ...

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

XE-1 with Nikkor 55 f/3.5.....

leo11877
Total Posts: 519

Rob_O wrote:
Autumn is officially here. Today's color is therefore brought to you by the color, Orange.

X-E1 and 35 f/1.4 ...

I have the same combo. The colors above are superb. Did you apply any additional settings in Lightroom or change color settings in cam? Mine come out slightly flat. I know I can revive them in LightRoom.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 415

leo11877 wrote:
Rob_O wrote:

I have the same combo. The colors above are superb. Did you apply any additional settings in Lightroom or change color settings in cam? Mine come out slightly flat. I know I can revive them in LightRoom.

In my experience, the in-camera JPEGs are usually excellent in terms of color rendition and contrast. I'll still run them through a condensed workflow, but the image files are often usable straight from the camera.

RAW files are indeed flat straight from the camera and require processing -- as is almost always the case, regardless of body. When I work with the .RAF files, I'll generally (though not always) start with a VSCO preset in LR5 then fine tune from there. Those last three are examples of that.

sceptic
Total Posts: 205

The Konica AR 135/3.2 is my favourite 135 so far (having gone through five different 135īs so far). Focusing down to 1 meter (3 ft) makes is quite versatile (conterted to b/w in camera, no PP):

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1707

Rob, those are lovely!
Can't wait for fall colors to show up here. Very little so far because of lots of rain and mild weather, but it has gotten better now.

A few more from our trip up north (X-E1 and XF 14mm).

johnahill
Total Posts: 3389

Great series Helena, no 1 is awesome in terms of colour, composition and light.

These show just how good a combo X-E1 + 14mm are (indeed good enough that my Zeiss 21 has seen little use since getting this combo)

HelenaN

Thank you! It's beautiful up there. Also on the western coast (around Lofoten) where it's more dramatic.
I too have the Zeiss 21 (that and 5D is all that remains of my Canon gear). Great lens, but I intend to sell it soon.

recordproducti
Total Posts: 331

I've not posted much recently but here are a few recent ones

35mm at f/1.4

18mm at f/4

35mm f/1.4 (Bit of a strop, getting fed up having photos taken!)

In pure IQ terms my D800e is the 'go to' camera but love the X-E1 and use it most of the time with the D800 used for work. Just to note, I am finding Capture One (7) to be really good with Fuji's files.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

^ The last portrait is excellent.

glacierpete
Total Posts: 148

PhotoNinja got a new prerelease to support x-trans.
I tried it on several xe-1 files and think it is already a bit better than C1P7.
http://www.picturecode.com/download_prerelease.php

Just a happy user.

sebboh
Total Posts: 12607

HelenaN wrote:
Rob, those are lovely!
Can't wait for fall colors to show up here. Very little so far because of lots of rain and mild weather, but it has gotten better now.

really love #2!

both #1 and the version in the rx1 thread are extremely good but i think what you really needed to make that shot is a step ladder and a 24mm (equiv) lens.

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 177

HelenaN wrote:

Helena, I really think this shot is wonderful. Can you tell us about the abandoned boats? Storm victims?

HelenaN

sebboh wrote:
really love #2!

both #1 and the version in the rx1 thread are extremely good but i think what you really needed to make that shot is a step ladder and a 24mm (equiv) lens.

Thank you! Ha ha, yes, I have often thought about bringing a short ladder on photo trips. I can't tell you how often I have missed having one. It wasn't even possible on this trip though, since we flew up there and used a rental car.

W.T. Jones wrote:
Helena, I really think this shot is wonderful. Can you tell us about the abandoned boats? Storm victims?

Thank you very much! A few may be storm victims, but I think the most common reason is economy. It's difficult to make a living with such small boats these days.

Speaking of storms; in 1899, in a place called Titran outside of Trondheim, 140 fishermen died in a huge storm when 29 boats from little villages along the coast went under. On the sign where all names are listed you can see that many families lost all their fathers and sons. What a tragedy!

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 3417

Pulling the 18mm out of obsolescence

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Spyro, I like your last shot ^ a lot. #2 is very cool too (I'm not talking about the colors ;-).

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 3417

thank you sir
you're probably talking about this one, which I removed soon after I posted (needs some corrections)

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 661

Helena, your boat shots are just amazing! georgms and sceptic, really great BN! Rob, great colours! recordproducti, Spyro and jtchuk, those are very nice!

Here are two from me.

XF35

XF14

1       2       3              145      
       147              577       578       end