/forum/topic/1097477/145

1       2       3              145      
       147              342       343       end

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 2929

the in camera jpeg engine

fmphoto
Total Posts: 853

Amazing that these are jpegs! WOW! Thanks. Trying to decide between this and a NEX 7 and leaning heavily this way! Which is pretty amazing for a Sony fanboy like me!

georgms
Total Posts: 3516

Thanks to all here for sharing highly inspiring images!

I still have to get used to the X-Pro1, but like it a lot so far. Some recent shots:

Summicron-R 50/2 first version

XF 18/2

XF 18/2

Spyro P.

fmphoto wrote:
Amazing that these are jpegs! WOW! Thanks.

just to clarify, I was only talking about my photos... pretty sure most other people use LR or C1 etc

h00ligan
Total Posts: 2158

CoDaQue wrote:
Lady in the sun, Komiza, isle of Vis, Croatia.

X-E1+18+55+Lr4

Thanks for looking!

I rally like this.

Would anyone be willing to post a raw file so I can runt brought my typical routine in Lightroom Andy heck some things out? Or point me to so,e existing?

Never ind I found a collection at photographyblog.com

taemo
Total Posts: 452

after owning the x100 and x100s, I took a leap of faith by selling all my canon gears and buying a X-Pro1, 14mm and 55-200, 1 week prior to our holidays in the Philippines.

I have no regrets.

Crystal clear water in Seven Commando Beach, El Nido, Palawan by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Sunrise in El Nido, Palawan by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Sunrise in El Nido, Palawan by earl.dieta, on Flickr

DSCF7466 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

^Great clarity in those shots. Were all these taken with either the 14mm or the 55-200 zoom? Seems like a pretty big gap in focal lengths in the middle for a vacation kit.

taemo
Total Posts: 452

Jabberwockt wrote:
^Great clarity in those shots. Were all these taken with either the 14mm or the 55-200 zoom? Seems like a pretty big gap in focal lengths in the middle for a vacation kit.

thanks, yes all those were taken with either 14mm and 55-200, i have a x100s that i use most of the time, the xpro1 is for wide and tele shots.
i also have a 35mm but i dont foresee using it much to be honest except for the very little portrait that i do. waiting for the 56 1.2 though and im set.

Spyro P.

In retrospect, if I was getting into the system now I'd only buy the 14 and 55-200 as well. To me this system's main camera is the x100/s, it is more compact, quieter, it has the high sync speed, the lens that is custom built for the sensor and other little details like the split screen, the higher min shutter speed in auto iso, the ND filters etc. It feels like the more mature camera (after all it's had two versions) and the xpro/xe1 are supplements for shooting wider and longer.

YMMV of course.

jtchuk
Total Posts: 31

Just got an adapter to use the C/Y Zeiss 50mm 1.4 on the X-Pro1:

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1819

My first 4 images taken with my newly acquired Minolta CLE MC Rokkor-M 40mm f2.0 lens and my tripod mounted X-E1 camera. Images processed in LR 5.2. All images taken of and around Jordan Creek in the Trexler Nature Preserve, Schnecksville, PA. Lens set to f11 (for depth of field) with shutter speeds varying between 0.5 and 1/3 of a second. Images taken in late early evening in shade.

Rich

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

Autumn is officially here. Today's color is therefore brought to you by the color, Orange.

X-E1 and 35 f/1.4 ...

michael49
Total Posts: 5488

XE-1 with Nikkor 55 f/3.5.....

leo11877
Total Posts: 361

Rob_O wrote:
Autumn is officially here. Today's color is therefore brought to you by the color, Orange.

X-E1 and 35 f/1.4 ...

I have the same combo. The colors above are superb. Did you apply any additional settings in Lightroom or change color settings in cam? Mine come out slightly flat. I know I can revive them in LightRoom.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

leo11877 wrote:
Rob_O wrote:

I have the same combo. The colors above are superb. Did you apply any additional settings in Lightroom or change color settings in cam? Mine come out slightly flat. I know I can revive them in LightRoom.

In my experience, the in-camera JPEGs are usually excellent in terms of color rendition and contrast. I'll still run them through a condensed workflow, but the image files are often usable straight from the camera.

RAW files are indeed flat straight from the camera and require processing -- as is almost always the case, regardless of body. When I work with the .RAF files, I'll generally (though not always) start with a VSCO preset in LR5 then fine tune from there. Those last three are examples of that.

sceptic
Total Posts: 89

The Konica AR 135/3.2 is my favourite 135 so far (having gone through five different 135īs so far). Focusing down to 1 meter (3 ft) makes is quite versatile (conterted to b/w in camera, no PP):

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1249

Rob, those are lovely!
Can't wait for fall colors to show up here. Very little so far because of lots of rain and mild weather, but it has gotten better now.

A few more from our trip up north (X-E1 and XF 14mm).

johnahill
Total Posts: 2607

Great series Helena, no 1 is awesome in terms of colour, composition and light.

These show just how good a combo X-E1 + 14mm are (indeed good enough that my Zeiss 21 has seen little use since getting this combo)

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1249

Thank you! It's beautiful up there. Also on the western coast (around Lofoten) where it's more dramatic.
I too have the Zeiss 21 (that and 5D is all that remains of my Canon gear). Great lens, but I intend to sell it soon.

recordproducti
Total Posts: 231

I've not posted much recently but here are a few recent ones

35mm at f/1.4

18mm at f/4

35mm f/1.4 (Bit of a strop, getting fed up having photos taken!)

In pure IQ terms my D800e is the 'go to' camera but love the X-E1 and use it most of the time with the D800 used for work. Just to note, I am finding Capture One (7) to be really good with Fuji's files.

1       2       3              145      
       147              342       343       end