Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/144

1       2       3              144      
       146              578       579       end

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1709

Thanks everyone for comments and likes on the Oslo Opera house photos.

-twelveish, I really like the one from Slussen! Well composed, interesting person and nice tones. I find Slussen fascinating and always go there when we're in Stockholm, but haven't managed any really good photos. I'll keep trying.
-Michael, nice set, especially #2. Wish I could walk along that path right now.
-Spyro, very interesting photo. Love the idea and the left part, but find the cars and sign a bit too distracting.

This and that from trips and walks around home (all with X-E1 and XF 14mm as usual):

Barents Sea by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Sunset by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Decaying fish oil plant by Helena Normark, on Flickr

carstenw
Total Posts: 16163

That last shot is really great!

Ian Boys
Total Posts: 3766

I like those three and Spyro's red shot.

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1709

Thank you both! I really wanted to explore the fish oil plant, but it was in the process of being demolished, so for security reasons it wasn't allowed. Even though they had put up a fence and signs it was possible to sneak in from the back, so I had a quick look, but was afraid that they would discover me, so the photos didn't turn out any good and I doubt that I will post them.

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 131

Lady in the sun, Komiza, isle of Vis, Croatia.

X-E1+18+55+Lr4

Thanks for looking!

Jman13
Total Posts: 13007

Three very different styles for these images, but I think they fit each subject. First and last with Fuji 35/1.4, middle with Rokinon 8mm fisheye, defished.

'Murica!

h00ligan
Total Posts: 2163

Genuine question for you all, has the raw conversion issue been solved with acr?

The shots are wonderful, but people could be shooting jpg, or using various tools.

Is Lightroom developing raws as expected? Thanks for the input!

Jochenb
Total Posts: 2078

h00ligan wrote:
Genuine question for you all, has the raw conversion issue been solved with acr?

The shots are wonderful, but people could be shooting jpg, or using various tools.

Is Lightroom developing raws as expected? Thanks for the input!

It's a lot better than it was in the beginning, but it still isn't great. It's good enough when you don't go pixelpeeping.

h00ligan

Thanks for the info!

doowop42
Total Posts: 377

photomedic4321
Total Posts: 988

Okay, so if it isn't great and these pictures are fantastic, what is the consensus for what you use to develop RAW files.

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 3417

the in camera jpeg engine

photomedic4321
Total Posts: 988

Amazing that these are jpegs! WOW! Thanks. Trying to decide between this and a NEX 7 and leaning heavily this way! Which is pretty amazing for a Sony fanboy like me!

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Thanks to all here for sharing highly inspiring images!

I still have to get used to the X-Pro1, but like it a lot so far. Some recent shots:

Summicron-R 50/2 first version

XF 18/2

XF 18/2

Spyro P.

fmphoto wrote:
Amazing that these are jpegs! WOW! Thanks.

just to clarify, I was only talking about my photos... pretty sure most other people use LR or C1 etc

h00ligan

CoDaQue wrote:
Lady in the sun, Komiza, isle of Vis, Croatia.

X-E1+18+55+Lr4

Thanks for looking!

I rally like this.

Would anyone be willing to post a raw file so I can runt brought my typical routine in Lightroom Andy heck some things out? Or point me to so,e existing?

Never ind I found a collection at photographyblog.com

taemo
Total Posts: 678

after owning the x100 and x100s, I took a leap of faith by selling all my canon gears and buying a X-Pro1, 14mm and 55-200, 1 week prior to our holidays in the Philippines.

I have no regrets.

Crystal clear water in Seven Commando Beach, El Nido, Palawan by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Sunrise in El Nido, Palawan by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Sunrise in El Nido, Palawan by earl.dieta, on Flickr

DSCF7466 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Jabberwockt
Total Posts: 557

^Great clarity in those shots. Were all these taken with either the 14mm or the 55-200 zoom? Seems like a pretty big gap in focal lengths in the middle for a vacation kit.

taemo
Total Posts: 678

Jabberwockt wrote:
^Great clarity in those shots. Were all these taken with either the 14mm or the 55-200 zoom? Seems like a pretty big gap in focal lengths in the middle for a vacation kit.

thanks, yes all those were taken with either 14mm and 55-200, i have a x100s that i use most of the time, the xpro1 is for wide and tele shots.
i also have a 35mm but i dont foresee using it much to be honest except for the very little portrait that i do. waiting for the 56 1.2 though and im set.

Spyro P.

In retrospect, if I was getting into the system now I'd only buy the 14 and 55-200 as well. To me this system's main camera is the x100/s, it is more compact, quieter, it has the high sync speed, the lens that is custom built for the sensor and other little details like the split screen, the higher min shutter speed in auto iso, the ND filters etc. It feels like the more mature camera (after all it's had two versions) and the xpro/xe1 are supplements for shooting wider and longer.

YMMV of course.

1       2       3              144      
       146              578       579       end