Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/140

1       2       3              140      
       142              322       323       end

leo11877
Total Posts: 335

mco_970 wrote:
@Leo - like the effect of the last photo - lotza fish and bubbles. Nice!

Thanks, it's the first exhibit on entry. It's about 5 inches thick with water constantly flowing from left to right and the school of fishes swimming in place It's mesmerizing!

Jman13
Total Posts: 10701

X-M1 with FD 85/1.8 on the first, Fuji 60/2.4 on the second.

nohackle
Total Posts: 24

just when I'm about to succumb to the internet chatter about Fuji smearing and the fact it would be a lousy landscape camera I come back to this thread and remain amazed at the camera and the talent assembled on this forum. rented the x100s for a few days and loved the interface and my LR5 processing was pretty uneventful. Time to get off the fence and spend less time online I guess ;-)

many thanks everyone

CoDaQue
Total Posts: 101

Kids in a Split pier...an offbeat shot from a sailing trip to Croatia.

X-E1+35 1.4+LR4+Nik Color Efex 4

Thanks for looking!

Ps: this one reminded me of Brody LeBlanc's photos...

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4854

derek.fulmer wrote:
[

The FD 85/1.8 on my X-E1 (Taken with the X-M1 and 60/2.4):

And a shot wide open (FD 85/1.8 on X-E1):

Sweet lens but that is a sick looking yellow cast on this image.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10701

It's intentionally warm, but I wouldn't call it yellow. (Viewing on my calibrated monitor, iPhone or iPad). note that the stuff in the background IS actually yellowish...

MagicNikon
Total Posts: 2009

XE1 18-55

XE1 55-200

leo11877
Total Posts: 335

MagicNikon wrote:

XE1 18-55

Great images from a kit zoom

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1205

Very busy, so no time for commenting right now. Glad that there is a Like button!

We spent a week in north-eastern Norway, close to the border to Russia. What a great trip! Nice weather, light and clouds, and it had been unusually dry = early fall colors and not a single mosquito! All taken X-E1 with XF 14mm.

1. Just outside the frame to the left there's a shallow river which forms the border to Russia. In some places it's so narrow that you could jump across, but that's highly illegal.

By the Russian border by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Whale skeleton art by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Wide view by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Decaying pier by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Path to the cross by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Sunset by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Decaying boat by Helena Normark, on Flickr

MartinL
Total Posts: 23

Helena - Your photo's are driving me insane, in the nicest way.
You are definitely my favorite poster on this thread and every time I see your wonderful pictures I keep saying to myself that in the near future I must sail up the northern coast of Norway and go exploring. Perhaps one day I will find a great place to winter over and spend a whole year exploring the beautiful part of the world you live in.
Keep those beautiful photo's coming.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

HelenaN wrote:
Very busy, so no time for commenting right now. Glad that there is a Like button!

We spent a week in north-eastern Norway, close to the border to Russia. What a great trip! Nice weather, light and clouds, and it had been unusually dry = early fall colors and not a single mosquito! All taken X-E1 with XF 14mm.

beautiful set as always! i particularly like the whale skeleton.

HelenaN wrote:
1. Just outside the frame to the left there's a shallow river which forms the border to Russia. In some places it's so narrow that you could jump across, but that's highly illegal.

i would have a very difficult time not pulling a homer simpson at such a location.

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 579

Wow!! Helena, your shots are so wonderful!

gambaphoto
Total Posts: 279

quick thoughts....
I've picked up the X-E1 (for the second time actually) in hopes that I can make a X100 style camera using the 27mm pancake but get the performance of the newer chip instead of buying the X100s with the added bonus of change the lens if needed. The one thing that I don't like about the X-E1 is the EVF, there is quite the delay in low light and it just feels off. I have never had the opportunity to play with either x100/x100s/Pro1 to see if the hybrid viewfinder is the better answer. I guess my question is should I get the 27mm and suck up the view finder or should I buy a used x100 (just can't afford the X100s) oh yah I'm a shallow depth of field kind of guy so it will mostly be shot wide open.

georgms
Total Posts: 3483

New X-Pro-user here. Thanks for the inspiring photographs shared at this thread.

Party is over von georgsfoto auf Flickr
post-season blues at the Baltic Sea, X-Pro1, XF18mm

michael49
Total Posts: 5437

X-E1, 18-55....

Jeffrey
Total Posts: 9836

Various remote places in Utah. X-Pro1.

Sagar
Total Posts: 1013

Jeffery, these are lovely!

Spyro P.
Total Posts: 2877

Jeffrey I reckon the last photo is one of those rare ones that would work equally well in B&W as well

jtchuk
Total Posts: 31

X-Pro1 and 35mm

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1205

Thanks for the kind comments! I really appreciate it.

Martin, if you could do that you'd love it! I too would like to live up there (or maybe even at Svalbard/Spitsbergen) for a year or two.

sebboh, funny. The border guards are very alert though. We thought we were completely alone until we stepped down to the river in a secluded place. Within just a couple of minutes a military truck with three armed guards showed up. Slightly worrying at first, but they were very friendly (even allowed me to take photos of them by the border markings with the Russian side in the background just a few meters away) and just wanted to make sure we were aware of the rules.

In that area there is a spot where the borders for Russia, Finland and Norway meet and the monument is veery tempting to walk around. Not a good idea though, because there are surveillance cameras and border guards around. The guards told us that the day before some Dutch tourists had done it anyway. They were observed of course and their car was stopped on the way back. They were taken to the local police station and had to pay a stiff fine. Good for them it was the Norwegian guards that caught them and not the Russians...

-georgms, interesting photo with the beach chairs (or whatever they are).
-jeffrey, really like that first one!

1       2       3              140      
       142              322       323       end