Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/129

1       2       3              129      
       131              332       333       end

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1821

I sold my Fuji set 4 months ago, because I decided to keep using a DSLR. Now a few trips later I changed my mind. I'm going to abandon the DSLR after all. I enjoyed using the Fuji more and the fantastic tonality makes up for the somewhat lacking microcontrast (compared to what I'm getting from my Zeiss glass on bayer).
Dragging a DSLR around feels awkard now that I'm so used to mirrorless cameras.
I'll be back he he.

Might as well post a photo from my archive since it's an image thread after all:

X-E1 + XF35

Emerge by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Elusivesouls
Total Posts: 48

Awesome photo. I love the foggy water and the tones.

leo11877
Total Posts: 343

michael49 wrote:
This lens really is impressive...

35mm @ f/1.4 on the X-E1.....

f/2....

Amazing 3D Effect on the 1st one.
Fuji colors are fantastic

michael49
Total Posts: 5450

leo11877 wrote:

The Fuji colors really are fantastic. I've traditionally been a RAW only shooter, but with the X-E1 I've found myself shooting RAW and jpeg, as the jpeg's are so nice.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

michael49 wrote:
leo11877 wrote:

The Fuji colors really are fantastic. I've traditionally been a RAW only shooter, but with the X-E1 I've found myself shooting RAW and jpeg, as the jpeg's are so nice.

Ditto.

Jochenb
Total Posts: 1821

Thanks elusivesouls.
I agree about the jpegs. It's the only camera I ever shot RAW+jpeg.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 402

Seems like I'm working randomly through this Summer's images, but here are a few processed in the last 24 hours.

Fresh veg at the Naschmarkt - Vienna, Austria

X-E1 + 35 at f/5.6, ISO 200 and 1/55 sec

Fresh Veg ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Schönbrunn Palace - Vienna

X-E1 + 14 @ f/11, ISO 200 and 1/250 sec

Schönbrunn Palace ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Summer concert at Wembley Stadium - London

X-E1 + 35 @ f/1.4, ISO 1000 and 1/50 sec (noise is from VSCO filter preset, not camera/ISO based)

Capturing the show ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

St John the Baptist Catholic Cathedral Church - Santorini, Greece

X-E1 + Samyang (Rokinon) 8mm fisheye @ f/8 (I think), ISO 640 and 1/30 sec (handheld)

Believer ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

cputeq
Total Posts: 4723

michael49 wrote:
leo11877 wrote:

Funny you mention this.

Just today I shot another military retirement using my 5D3 and XE1.

Initially I had the XE1 on NegS I think, then I went NEGH instead. Indoors, mixture of fluorescent and I think incandescent lights.

Anyway, I typically shoot RAW only on the 5D3 because the JPEGs are pretty blah compared to the RAWs, yet with the XE1 I shoot RAW+JPEG.

After the shoot I'm editing the files and it's awesome how many times the XE1 just NAILED the shot right out of the camera. Just a minor black levels tweak and bam! (Mental note, set shadow tone to +1 and highlight to -1)

In fact, the only time I used the RAW files at all from the Fuji were on the shots needing more highlight recovery (white shirts or gloves) than the JPEG could handle (which is why I need to go highlight -1 on the NegH profile)

A few samples:

fotografur
Total Posts: 4508

Rob_O wrote:

Summer concert at Wembley Stadium - London

X-E1 + 35 @ f/1.4, ISO 1000 and 1/50 sec (noise is from VSCO filter preset, not camera/ISO based)

Capturing the show ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Nice shot!

I have a stupid question. The 35mm f1.4 if that an 35mm equiv. lens on a FF?

Thanks

d~

Jman13
Total Posts: 10768

It's a 52mm equiv.

fotografur
Total Posts: 4508

Thanks Jordan

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1718

Been REAL rainy and total overcast here, supposed to get down to 66degF here tonight!
In the "dog days" of summer, crazy!
Though I like the nice cool weather, the light has been rather dim, especially late after werke, sigh...
Enough excuses!
FujiFilm X-E1 and Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 85/1.7:

justruss
Total Posts: 4533

While the Fuji JPEG engine is incredible, and I used it until Aperture support for RAW was implemented-- I find that my output from RAW via Aperture or Iridient is a significant improvement compared to the JPEGS. This is particularly so with DR, microcontrast, and sharpness control.

This was generally the reverse when I used the ACR or C1 RAW engines. In many cases, camera JPEG was better and I couldn't match or exceed it in a total way. But some of this is down to my high familiarity with Aperture after leaving ACR almost a decade ago.

mechx
Total Posts: 216

justruss wrote:
While the Fuji JPEG engine is incredible, and I used it until Aperture support for RAW was implemented-- I find that my output from RAW via Aperture or Iridient is a significant improvement compared to the JPEGS. This is particularly so with DR, microcontrast, and sharpness control.

This was generally the reverse when I used the ACR or C1 RAW engines. In many cases, camera JPEG was better and I couldn't match or exceed it in a total way. But some of this is down to my high familiarity with Aperture after leaving ACR almost a decade ago.

Good to know. I recently switched to mac and debating on whether or not to get Aperture.

tardegardo
Total Posts: 75

tardegardo

tardegardo

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 1875

Some really nice shots on this thread. I have bought and sold way to much gear over the last few years and I'm finding more and more that my Fuji XE-1 camera is the camera I'm picking up to shoot with most of the time. The 35 1.4 lens is amazing and I have a 14 2.8 on the way. File size is just right and taking photos and not having to really spend a lot of time processing them is a huge plus. Colors, exposure, and white balance are usually pretty spot on. Couple from this morning..

Jack

justruss
Total Posts: 4533

mechx wrote:
justruss wrote:

Good to know. I recently switched to mac and debating on whether or not to get Aperture.

Do keep in mind that Apple has really fallen behind Adobe (Aperture vs Lightroom) when it comes to available tools-- and seems to be taking forever for the 3-to-4 (or X) upgrade. Apple does keep the RAW support relatively current, and does implement significant things in point-updates. But no lens profiles for distortion correction? That should have been implemented ages ago.

I still prefer Aperture for workflow-- by far. And I like the conversions best.

tardegardo

1       2       3              129      
       131              332       333       end