Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/128

1       2       3              128      
       130              578       579       end

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

Rob_O wrote:
On the discussion of the X-trans and B&W treatment, here are three from a recent trip to Vienna ...

Rokinon 8mm fisheye at f/8 (I think) - ISO 200, 1/200 sec

Love this one.

michael49

Anyone using both the X100/100s and the X-E1/Pro1? I'm really dying for a 35mm perspective (prime) and trying to patiently await the 23mm, but I keep thinking about picking up an X100/100s.

X-E1, 35mm....

Elusivesouls
Total Posts: 68

New to the forum. I've just read through all 129 pages and am floored by the wonderful captures by you guys and the Fuji cameras.

Alas, I'm attempting to join the X-E1 owner ranks (own a 5DMK3 but want the X-E1 as a viable portable option) but have not had much luck getting one without issue.

The first one had a dead pixel. No big deal but decided to swap it out.

The second one had a strange issue where if you changed a setting and then used the flash, it would restart and the film simulation settings would become grayed out.
-I called the Fuji technical support on this one and got in touch with a technician who said he's never heard of that happening but if the film simulation option was doing that after restarting it meant an imminent failure of the main board.

The third one I ordered from a different vendor - supposed to be new in box - instead it loads straight up and doesn't ask for the language input. It has ink writing on the rubber around the view finder. It looks roughly repackaged.
-I notify the retailer and they offer to exchange it or refund. I take the full refund option after reading that this has happened before to other people who shopped there.

Now I'm waiting on a fourth X-E1 and hoping this one will be the one. I ordered it with the kit 18-55mm and I have a 35mm 1.4 waiting for a camera body to be used on...

Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute some pictures rather than my string of bad luck.

fotografur
Total Posts: 4880

Rob_O wrote:
On the discussion of the X-trans and B&W treatment, here are three from a recent trip to Vienna ...

35 at f/1.4 - ISO 400, 1/320sec

Audience of one by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

A+

Jman13
Total Posts: 13007

Elusivesouls wrote:
New to the forum. I've just read through all 129 pages and am floored by the wonderful captures by you guys and the Fuji cameras.

Alas, I'm attempting to join the X-E1 owner ranks (own a 5DMK3 but want the X-E1 as a viable portable option) but have not had much luck getting one without issue.

The second one had a strange issue where if you changed a setting and then used the flash, it would restart and the film simulation settings would become grayed out.
-I called the Fuji technical support on this one and got in touch with a technician who said he's never heard of that happening but if the film simulation option was doing that after restarting it meant an imminent failure of the main board.

The third one I ordered from a different vendor - supposed to be new in box - instead it loads straight up and doesn't ask for the language input. It has ink writing on the rubber around the view finder. It looks roughly repackaged.
-I notify the retailer and they offer to exchange it or refund. I take the full refund option after reading that this has happened before to other people who shopped there.

Now I'm waiting on a fourth X-E1 and hoping this one will be the one. I ordered it with the kit 18-55mm and I have a 35mm 1.4 waiting for a camera body to be used on...

Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute some pictures rather than my string of bad luck.

Wow, that is bad luck. Welcome to the forum! As long as you don't expect the Fuji to be as responsive as your 5D3, I think you'll love it. There's something that speaks to me with the Fuji stuff...hope to see your stuff here soon!

Jochenb
Total Posts: 2078

That second one is nice Rob!
Thanks Itai195, how's the AF speed and noise?

justruss
Total Posts: 6529

Elusivesouls wrote:

Tough string of events!

Here's an idea: Buy one from this forum. I just sold a literally brand new one (originally intended as a second body), never taken out of the box, for under $700. I see well-loved (that is, well used) ones in the sub-$600 range regularly. Pretty remarkable time to pick these up off the F/M boards, considering they're now at that 50% of release price zone in the used market... and for less than a new X-M1.

Rob_O
Total Posts: 415

A couple from Prague ...

X-E1 + 18-55 @ ISO 320, f/9, 1/30sec

Beautiful decay ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

X-E1 + 35 , ISO 200, f/1.4, 1/680sec

Two Hearts ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

802walker
Total Posts: 125

Fuji xe1 18-55

Elusivesouls

Wow, that is bad luck. Welcome to the forum! As long as you don't expect the Fuji to be as responsive as your 5D3, I think you'll love it. There's something that speaks to me with the Fuji stuff...hope to see your stuff here soon!

Tough string of events!

Here's an idea: Buy one from this forum. I just sold a literally brand new one (originally intended as a second body), never taken out of the box, for under $700. I see well-loved (that is, well used) ones in the sub-$600 range regularly. Pretty remarkable time to pick these up off the F/M boards, considering they're now at that 50% of release price zone in the used market... and for less than a new X-M1.

Well, the fourth one came in tonight and it too has a dead pixel on the left hand side of the LCD and this time it shows up in the view finder as well. It does not show up in the pictures as far as I can tell but it's quite noticeable on both the back LCD and the view finder. The odd thing is when I press the shutter button it goes away as the camera focuses and then comes back before you take the picture. It's there the entire time you aren't holding the shutter button though.

I'm going to contact the vendor tomorrow and see what they want to do. This is 4 cameras. I feel like I'm being too picky but this is kind of ridiculous. Sigh. I almost feel like I should keep the used one from the other vendor even though I paid for NIB since at least as far as I can tell it works and doesn't have any pixel issues.

michael49

This lens really is impressive...

35mm @ f/1.4 on the X-E1.....

f/2....

Jochenb

I sold my Fuji set 4 months ago, because I decided to keep using a DSLR. Now a few trips later I changed my mind. I'm going to abandon the DSLR after all. I enjoyed using the Fuji more and the fantastic tonality makes up for the somewhat lacking microcontrast (compared to what I'm getting from my Zeiss glass on bayer).
Dragging a DSLR around feels awkard now that I'm so used to mirrorless cameras.
I'll be back he he.

Might as well post a photo from my archive since it's an image thread after all:

X-E1 + XF35

Emerge by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Elusivesouls

Awesome photo. I love the foggy water and the tones.

leo11877
Total Posts: 519

michael49 wrote:
This lens really is impressive...

35mm @ f/1.4 on the X-E1.....

f/2....

Amazing 3D Effect on the 1st one.
Fuji colors are fantastic

michael49

leo11877 wrote:

The Fuji colors really are fantastic. I've traditionally been a RAW only shooter, but with the X-E1 I've found myself shooting RAW and jpeg, as the jpeg's are so nice.

Rob_O

michael49 wrote:
leo11877 wrote:

The Fuji colors really are fantastic. I've traditionally been a RAW only shooter, but with the X-E1 I've found myself shooting RAW and jpeg, as the jpeg's are so nice.

Ditto.

Jochenb

Thanks elusivesouls.
I agree about the jpegs. It's the only camera I ever shot RAW+jpeg.

Rob_O

Seems like I'm working randomly through this Summer's images, but here are a few processed in the last 24 hours.

Fresh veg at the Naschmarkt - Vienna, Austria

X-E1 + 35 at f/5.6, ISO 200 and 1/55 sec

Fresh Veg ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Schönbrunn Palace - Vienna

X-E1 + 14 @ f/11, ISO 200 and 1/250 sec

Schönbrunn Palace ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Summer concert at Wembley Stadium - London

X-E1 + 35 @ f/1.4, ISO 1000 and 1/50 sec (noise is from VSCO filter preset, not camera/ISO based)

Capturing the show ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

St John the Baptist Catholic Cathedral Church - Santorini, Greece

X-E1 + Samyang (Rokinon) 8mm fisheye @ f/8 (I think), ISO 640 and 1/30 sec (handheld)

Believer ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

cputeq
Total Posts: 6043

michael49 wrote:
leo11877 wrote:

Funny you mention this.

Just today I shot another military retirement using my 5D3 and XE1.

Initially I had the XE1 on NegS I think, then I went NEGH instead. Indoors, mixture of fluorescent and I think incandescent lights.

Anyway, I typically shoot RAW only on the 5D3 because the JPEGs are pretty blah compared to the RAWs, yet with the XE1 I shoot RAW+JPEG.

After the shoot I'm editing the files and it's awesome how many times the XE1 just NAILED the shot right out of the camera. Just a minor black levels tweak and bam! (Mental note, set shadow tone to +1 and highlight to -1)

In fact, the only time I used the RAW files at all from the Fuji were on the shots needing more highlight recovery (white shirts or gloves) than the JPEG could handle (which is why I need to go highlight -1 on the NegH profile)

A few samples:

fotografur
Total Posts: 4880

Rob_O wrote:

Summer concert at Wembley Stadium - London

X-E1 + 35 @ f/1.4, ISO 1000 and 1/50 sec (noise is from VSCO filter preset, not camera/ISO based)

Capturing the show ... by Rob Overcash Photography, on Flickr

Nice shot!

I have a stupid question. The 35mm f1.4 if that an 35mm equiv. lens on a FF?

Thanks

d~

1       2       3              128      
       130              578       579       end