/forum/topic/1097477/121

1       2       3              121      
       123              341       342       end

molson
Total Posts: 10939

jcolwell wrote:
Hey Cliff,

Did you see this thread? http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1219512/

It got a lot of flack about watercolour and etc, but no examples of comparable systems (incl. 17-40L) with better corners.

I've also posted many other comparisons of ultra-wide angle lenses. The TS-E 17/4L, 18 ZE, 21 ZE and TS-E 24/3.5L II are better in the corners (slightly), but none of the other "usual suspects" are. I'm just sayin'.

I've got that range covered with my D800E and 14-24mm f2.8G, so I'm kind of spoiled now...

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21934

molson wrote:
jcolwell wrote:
Hey Cliff,

It got a lot of flack about watercolour and etc, but no examples of comparable systems (incl. 17-40L) with better corners.

I've also posted many other comparisons of ultra-wide angle lenses. The TS-E 17/4L, 18 ZE, 21 ZE and TS-E 24/3.5L II are better in the corners (slightly), but none of the other "usual suspects" are. I'm just sayin'.

I've got that range covered with my D800E and 14-24mm f2.8G, so I'm kind of spoiled now...

Maybe, the Fuji lineup offers you a reasonable, lightweight "alternative" for occasions that the honking big N*k*n gear is just "a little bit too big".

That's where it fits into my EOS-dominant world. Plus, it rules when you need a discrete solution.

P.S. I think Fuji X + XF is the best "small" solution for demanding shooters who like a finder integrated into the body. As do I.

molson

jcolwell wrote:

P.S. I think Fuji X + XF is the best "small" solution for demanding shooters who like a finder integrated into the body. As do I.

Agreed... I wouldn't even look at any camera that didn't have a viewfinder, unless it was also a cellular phone.

barisaxer
Total Posts: 510

A fun composit. Really liking these and will be doing more.

dovey
Total Posts: 112

I used the Canon 5D2 again recently and really did not like the weight. Went out today to the Great Ocean Road and Bells Beach. The middle of winter and a lovely day. We all commented about the sky and clouds looking just like the opening frames of The Simpsons, and that is what the Fuji captured.
All these are straight out of camera JPGs, no sharpening etc, the originals.
The Starfish and a couple of the Cockatoo pics were with the macro setting. The ones of the surfers were from way up on the cliff, a long way away and well above them and still the kit zoom did a great job.
Loving this camera more by the day.
Really loved motor drive on this thing, will post some shots of a joey emerging from the mother's pouch later.

_S111130 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_S261181 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_S071123 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSF1207 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSF1197 by doveychicken, on Flickr

_DSF1188 by doveychicken, on Flickr

cputeq
Total Posts: 4730

molson wrote:
jcolwell wrote:
Hey Cliff,

Yeah I'd love to have that setup as a dedicated landscape rig, even if using filters is a pain.

Just messing around with the Minolta 35-70. Man I love Fuji JPEGs, when they "hit" (this is velvia and untouched). I tried to duplicate with RAW but failed. I'll have to shoot a color chart or something and see if I can nail down a LR preset.

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 610

A walk on my work break with my new XF 14 2,8. I must say I'm a little underwhelmed… I was hoping to be blown away by it and it seems better than the CV 15, but not by all that much… It's got obviously a lot less vigneting and corners are better (but not perfect), but I'm not sure it's 500€ better.

ypras
Total Posts: 55

xbarcelo wrote:
A walk on my work break with my new XF 14 2,8. I must say I'm a little underwhelmed… I was hoping to be blown away by it and it seems better than the CV 15, but not by all that much… It's got obviously a lot less vigneting and corners are better (but not perfect), but I'm not sure it's 500€ better.

I am really interested in your opinion, i am an owner of the VC 15 but willing to buy the XF 14. At f11 my VC 15 is excellent to the extreme corners but when i start to open the aperture, even at f8 it starts to suffer already in the corners and edges. So it makes it usable either in a full sun day or as a tripod lens, not too versatile. Was your VC 15 like this? Don't you think that the XF 14 is more versatile?

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 610

ypras wrote
I am really interested in your opinion, i am an owner of the VC 15 but willing to buy the XF 14. At f11 my VC 15 is excellent to the extreme corners but when i start to open the aperture, even at f8 it starts to suffer already in the corners and edges. So it makes it usable either in a full sun day or as a tripod lens, not too versatile. Was your VC 15 like this? Don't you think that the XF 14 is more versatile?

Indeed you're right. The CV 15 is not versatile and the XF 14 is. It's only that everyone is raving about it and maybe I was having unreasonable expectations… If I've got the time, I'll try to compare both in the coming days (I seem to be promising things like this and then not doing them, but I'm really strained for time!).

molson

jcolwell wrote:
molson wrote:
jcolwell wrote:
Hey Cliff,

Maybe, the Fuji lineup offers you a reasonable, lightweight "alternative" for occasions that the honking big N*k*n gear is just "a little bit too big".

That's where it fits into my EOS-dominant world. Plus, it rules when you need a discrete solution.

Snagged a demo XE-1 kit with 18-55 f2.8-4 from Henry's this afternoon. Hopefully they will ship it promptly...

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21934

mfoto
Total Posts: 2346

Snagged a demo XE-1 kit with 18-55 f2.8-4 from Henry's this afternoon. Hopefully they will ship it promptly...

Welcome back to camp Fuji

Jesse Giammatt
Total Posts: 127

Love this camera! XE1 7 shot panorama (used the panorama function on the camera too, great results but blew out the clouds a little to much)
Shot with the 18-55

Betacamman
Total Posts: 387

I joined the Fuji-X ranks today when my X-E1 and 18-55 arrived from Amazon Warehouse deals. Haven't shot anything fun yet, but I must say it's a darn nice camera and lens. Goes well with the banged-up X100 I got last week.

ypras
Total Posts: 55

Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr

Jesse Giammatt
Total Posts: 127

xenor
Total Posts: 114

It's been so rainy here lately... Anyway, a couple with the Fuji 35:

Bee Balm in my daughter's hummingbird garden

Planter of Petunias

xenor
Total Posts: 114

One more - the sun finally came out!

justruss
Total Posts: 4554

Just a couple quick shots at the Auer Dult in Munich.

X-E1, 35mm, RAW/Aperture:

(My apologies for the offensive apron)

robsonj
Total Posts: 312

Fuji X-E1 + Fuji 35mm f1.4

Tequila Shrimp

Henna artist at work

1       2       3              121      
       123              341       342       end