Total Posts: 270

Taken with the 18-55mm zoom.

umsl12
Total Posts: 222

doowop42,

Very nice! Did you use Provia or Velvia ?thanks

doowop42
Total Posts: 270

Whichever one is the more common. It was run through Portraiture software.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

Hey now that the x100s is x-trans, and the x100/100s thread gets little attention, perhaps I can come and play in here?

cputeq
Total Posts: 4703

DTOB wrote:
Hey now that the x100s is x-trans, and the x100/100s thread gets little attention, perhaps I can come and play in here?

Yeah sucks being a refugee . I have no problem with cross-polination, but can only speak for myself.

DTOB

Maybe I'll sneak in a few images here and there and see what happens.

AbramG
Total Posts: 2441

Still X-Pro 1 + 35mm

Untitled. (Greece) by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

barisaxer
Total Posts: 503

Nice hare are a few from Maui last week. XE1 with 18-55 mostly.

Joeri89
Total Posts: 88

One from a while back, just to remind myself that I need to pickup my X-E1 a bit more. Haven't used it a lot lately

cputeq
Total Posts: 4703

Joeri89 wrote:
One from a while back, just to remind myself that I need to pickup my X-E1 a bit more. Haven't used it a lot lately

Geez Louise, with that motivation, I'd be shooting hourly!

justruss
Total Posts: 4450

DTOB wrote:

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion back when the X100s was released-- and the overall consensus was to maintain this thread as only for interchangeable, X-Trans cameras. So the decision was no X100s, even though it has the same/similar sensor.

I'm personally happy to revisit the suggestion if others are. I still tend to favor the idea of keeping the X100s to its own thread though. After all, there is an X100s/X100 thread already, so it's going to get confusing and perhaps encourage cross-posting, and given the title of this thread people are going to be coming here to see images from X-E1s/X-Pro1s.

But I'm happy to go with what everyone else suggests.

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1112

Spent a very nice long weekend at a couple of islands outside of Trondheim. X-E1 and Fuji 14mm:

Old wooden boat by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Old wooden boat by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Hitra by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Green water by Helena Normark, on Flickr

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1580

I am cross posting this from the Leica R thread. Here are a series of photos that I took the evening of July 26, 2013 in Magic Hour over quite some distance from hill to hill (1/2 mile or more) from the Trexler Nature Preserve Environmental Center, Schnecksville, PA. Images taken with my tripod mounted Leica 280mm f4 Apo Telyt lens and my Fujifilm X-E1 camera. Additionally, the first 3 images taken with Leica 2X Apo Extender and at f16. The 4th image was used with the Leica 1.4X Apo Extender and at f11. Images processed in LR5.

Rich

DTOB

justruss wrote:
DTOB wrote:

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion back when the X100s was released-- and the overall consensus was to maintain this thread as only for interchangeable, X-Trans cameras. So the decision was no X100s, even though it has the same/similar sensor.

I'm personally happy to revisit the suggestion if others are. I still tend to favor the idea of keeping the X100s to its own thread though. After all, there is an X100s/X100 thread already, so it's going to get confusing and perhaps encourage cross-posting, and given the title of this thread people are going to be coming here to see images from X-E1s/X-Pro1s.

But I'm happy to go with what everyone else suggests.

Either way. Totally understand keeping this thread as just xpro/xe1, lenses are a totally different ballgame. I'll do my best to keep the other thread alive.

AbramG

Helena, every time I see your work it just makes me excited. I love your eye for capturing your surroundings, and it's clear you're putting that 14mm to good use!

It's definitely on my want list.

HelenaN

Thank you Abram! The 14mm is fantastic.

Your work (and some others') makes the 35mm very tempting... but I have never gotten along well with that focal length, so I'll try and resist. Also, the Fuji was only meant to tide me over while waiting for a relatively small FF camera, so I don't want to "invest" too much. However, I'm much happier with it than I thought I'd be, so it doesn't really feel like a temporary solution any more... We'll see.

ypras
Total Posts: 55

Both with Voigtlander 15

Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr

Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr

AbramG

HelenaN wrote:
Thank you Abram! The 14mm is fantastic.

Your work (and some others') makes the 35mm very tempting... but I have never gotten along well with that focal length, so I'll try and resist. Also, the Fuji was only meant to tide me over while waiting for a relatively small FF camera, so I don't want to "invest" too much. However, I'm much happier with it than I thought I'd be, so it doesn't really feel like a temporary solution any more... We'll see.

I would like to see a full frame mirrorless camera option, but I worry that the lenses will be humongous. I'm quite fond of the size of the X-Pro 1 and the focal lengths available are perfect for how I shoot personally. I just have the 18 and 35mm lenses (with an adapted Pentax 50mm I use on occasion now), and it works great for me. The 35 is a gem really, I got to know it really well on my trip and I definitely think it's a worthy lens for this system.

50mm can be a boring focal length to some, but I actually do like it quite a bit. 28/35/50mm are my favorite focal lengths for "rangefinder-style" shooting (based on my past experience with 35mm rangefinder cameras).

HelenaN

AbramG wrote:
I would like to see a full frame mirrorless camera option, but I worry that the lenses will be humongous. I'm quite fond of the size of the X-Pro 1 and the focal lengths available are perfect for how I shoot personally. I just have the 18 and 35mm lenses (with an adapted Pentax 50mm I use on occasion now), and it works great for me. The 35 is a gem really, I got to know it really well on my trip and I definitely think it's a worthy lens for this system.

50mm can be a boring focal length to some, but I actually do like it quite a bit. 28/35/50mm are my favorite focal lengths for "rangefinder-style" shooting (based on my past experience with 35mm rangefinder cameras).

Yes, the lens size is what is worrying me too. The kit I have now (RX1, X-E1 with the 14mm and 55-200mm) is perfect for what I shoot. The size/weight is so nice compared to the Canon gear I used to have, and image quality is more than good enough for me, so I hope I can resist replacing it once a FF mirrorless is out. If I still feel this good about my Fuji gear when the 56/1.2 is released I'll probably buy one.

It's interesting how some people prefer 35mm and others 50mm. I have always been a 35mm person, but a friend simply can't enjoy it and always goes for 50mm.

Another from the weekend trip. X-E1 + Fuji 14mm as usual.

Uttian by Helena Normark, on Flickr

you2
Total Posts: 737

HelenaN your images are really great; but is it my imagination or does this last one have a greenish tint ?

1       2       3              119      
       121              299       300       end