HelenaN
Total Posts: 1707

Thank you Ulrik!

ypras
Total Posts: 55

Awesome landscape Helena!

tjpenton
Total Posts: 275

I was out for a little walk around an older industrial section of town and I happened to stumble across a good few hundred of thousands of dollars of cars. Taken with the Fujinon 35mm and X-e1

Oldraven
Total Posts: 519

sebboh wrote:
great series oldraven!

Thank you, sebboh!

justruss
Total Posts: 6526

TJP: That last one on the right looks like a Skyline-ized Z.

tjpenton

justruss wrote:
TJP: That last one on the right looks like a Skyline-ized Z.

It should! Its the new "Skyline", or GT-R. Beautiful cars, and honestly for the price, one of the best performance per dollar cars on the market.

tjpenton

This one looks great printed big, but looses something when sized for web viewing I think. Taken on X-E1 and 35mm F/1.4

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1938

Quick one from me.
FujiFilm X-E1 and Canon FD 500/4.5 L
A HUGE crop, this thing is no bigger than my thumb.
Low light, after the rains, ISO 1600, yeah noisy, shrug.
Low shutter speed too, 100.
Hard to focus, anywho, enough complaining...

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

HelenaN wrote:
More shots from the evening walk.

HelenaN-- I really like your work both with the Fuji 14 and the RX1. I confess I am having a hard time distinguishing between them. You are making me pause as I consider an RX1. I know there is a big difference between focal lengths but I am curious. Are you seeing a big difference as a landscape photographer working with smaller apertures and RAW files?

justruss
Total Posts: 6526

^^ The other question is at what output size. At Web-sized screen output I think there's very little reason to go for one over the other vis-a-vis resolution and FF vs 1.5. DR and high ISO seem close enough.

But at large print size or for certain output... that might change somewhat.

HelenaN

ebookman wrote:
HelenaN-- I really like your work both with the Fuji 14 and the RX1. I confess I am having a hard time distinguishing between them. You are making me pause as I consider an RX1. I know there is a big difference between focal lengths but I am curious. Are you seeing a big difference as a landscape photographer working with smaller apertures and RAW files?

Thank you! I'm probably not the right person to ask, because I'm not very demanding. If a file looks great on my 24" screen and decent when zoomed in, I'm happy. The Fuji files most certainly live up to that. Also, I have done a few relatively large prints and am very pleased with the result. There's no doubt that RX1 is even better though, but X-E1 files meet and exceed my "quality threshold".

HelenaN

Yesterday we visited Hegra fortress just north of Trondheim. It was originally built as part of the defense against the Swedes after the Union was dissolved in 1905. For three weeks in 1940 248 Norwegian soldiers and one woman used the fortress as a base for fighting the German occupants. Eventually the Germans managed to surround the fortress and the defenders had to give up because of lack of supplies.

Not much stuff is left in there, but there's no entrance fee so you can walk around without a guide, and it's wet and creepy, so it's still an interesting place for photography.

Red light by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Long tunnel by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Checkerboard by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Curved stairs by Helena Normark, on Flickr

you2
Total Posts: 791

Interesting pictures. They kind of remind me of Dover which I visited once a dozen years ago. I forget about these things - some what spoiled by current environment.

tkchen
Total Posts: 224

I am happy that I switch to Fuji X-E1 for wide and mid range.

These are from 35mm f1.4. Last one is iso3200 f2.8.

2013-fuji-11 by JasonKChen, on Flickr

2013-fuji-15 by JasonKChen, on Flickr

2013-fuji-18 by JasonKChen, on Flickr

xenor
Total Posts: 115

Stunning series Helena. Love those winding stairs.
The day lilies and liatris (and bugs!) are out. With SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8

HelenaN

Thank you you2 and xenor!

xenor, it's hard to see in a web sized photo of course, but it looks perfectly focused. Do find it difficult to MF with the Fuji? Which model do you have btw.?

Fverburg
Total Posts: 52

A few from today,

Regards,

Frank

dovey
Total Posts: 120

Focusing should be a lot better tomorrow, with the latest firmware. Already the firmware updates for the XE-1 have made it a more usable and friendly camera.

xenor
Total Posts: 115

Hi Helena. Yes, it is perfectly focused. I am using an X-E1 and I find manual focus to be very easy. I usually use the 10x magnifier. Since the last firmware update it is so easy to move the focus point that I just compose, set focus point, magnify, focus and shoot. It's pretty fast and very accurate. The hardest part of using MF lenses for me is remembering to tell the camera which focal length I'm using!

1       2       3              114      
       116              577       578       end