Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr

Fujinon 35

Fujinon 35

cputeq
Total Posts: 4730

FlyPenFly wrote:
I've been looking at the C1 vs Lightroom conversions, the C1 seems far better, did you never feel the need to switch?

There are certainly some things C1 does better than Lightroom, but in comparing output JPEGs side-by-side in the several comparisons I've done with various cameras, it just hasn't been enough to get me to switch, especially since LR's workflow is so damn fast and the program's responsiveness in general is pretty hard to beat.

While technically I think C1's IQ is better than LR's, LR is so much easier to work in (IMO) that it wins out overall.

Just my $0.02

michael49
Total Posts: 5488

cputeq wrote:
FlyPenFly wrote:
I've been looking at the C1 vs Lightroom conversions, the C1 seems far better, did you never feel the need to switch?

There are certainly some things C1 does better than Lightroom, but in comparing output JPEGs side-by-side in the several comparisons I've done with various cameras, it just hasn't been enough to get me to switch, especially since LR's workflow is so damn fast and the program's responsiveness in general is pretty hard to beat.

While technically I think C1's IQ is better than LR's, LR is so much easier to work in (IMO) that it wins out overall.

Just my $0.02

Agreed. To change my workflow from LR at this point would be hugely disruptive - not worth it to me, I've been generally happy with LR.

michael49
Total Posts: 5488

CY 50 1.7 on the X-E1....

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1727

Nice!
This is where I NEED to be right now!
Sigh, I'm at my house now, suffering from extremely high blood pressure caused by a super stressful job.
Luckily not in the hospital.
Something has got to change...

ypras wrote:
Greek summer in Lefkada island!

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1249

Lucky you ypras! Looks like a really nice place and great photos of it.
Here it has been raining almost daily lately and not many days above +15C. Even a few days around +8C! Crazy.

buggz2k, that doesn't sound like fun. Hope things will calm down for you soon.

cputeq
Total Posts: 4730

buggz2k wrote:
Nice!
Sigh, I'm at my house now, suffering from extremely high blood pressure caused by a super stressful job.

ypras wrote:

MOderate exercise combined with lower sodium intake and higher garlic consumption. At least, works for me!

AbramG
Total Posts: 2481

Rob_O wrote:
Went to Santorini a couple weeks ago, leaving my 5D3 and L glass behind in favor of only the X-E1 gear ... a true test of whether the X system really could be a replacement for the DSLR when traveling. I took around 1300 photos over 6 days, and had 850 worth keeping after scrubbing upon return. I assembled a photo journal of our trip, along with some text, on another site. It contains 90 photos. I will post an assortment of those in this thread over the coming days.

I had with me the X-E1, 35 f/1.4 (not used), the 14 f/2.8 and 18-55 kit (which saw about 50/50 use) and a Samyang/Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 fisheye (used a handful of times). On the 14 and 18-55 I had a 9-stop vari-ND mounted most of the time, save for after dusk or indoors. (I also have a 3-stop ND for the 35, but didn't use it on this trip).

Rob, I actually shared a similar experience with my trip, I elected to leave my entire DSLR kit at home and took only the X-Pro 1 with the 35mm (as it was the only lens I had) and the new Ricoh GR. I have grown exceedingly tired of carrying large & heavy packs on vacation and I have longed for a camera like the X-Pro; one that is light weight with great image quality and optics. I hope we shared a similar experience in finding that this is a very suitable travel camera, and I still stand by my assessment that this is the digital embodiment of the Contax G2.

I have since bought the 18mm, and will buy the 14mm eventually. What a wonderful camera system.

ypras
Total Posts: 55

buggz2k wrote:
Nice!

ypras wrote:

Thank you! Take a break if you can, i really wish the best for you and your health.

ypras

HelenaN wrote:
Lucky you ypras! Looks like a really nice place and great photos of it.
Here it has been raining almost daily lately and not many days above +15C. Even a few days around +8C! Crazy.

buggz2k, that doesn't sound like fun. Hope things will calm down for you soon.

Thank you Helena, the weather is really weird here too this summer, usually we have temperatures up to or over 40C and this year up to now it has not got over 30C at least in northern Greece.

Oldraven
Total Posts: 413

"Street shooting" on a Washington State ferry. Here are a few more from my first outing with my new X-E1 system, all with the 14mm. I timed the trip to coincide with the sunset...and got a winner.

mfoto
Total Posts: 2346

X-Pro1, XF 35 1.4R @ f/5.6, ISO 200:

sebboh
Total Posts: 10763

great series oldraven!

ypras

I am a fan of a ''three prime setup'' configuration in my photographic gear. A standard (35 or 50mm), a wide and a telephoto. For the x-pro1 i have these three : Voigtlander 15, Fuji 35 and Voigtlander 75 1.8. I am really impressed by the Voigtlanders but most of the time i walk around shooting the 35 wide open!

millsart
Total Posts: 5077

Quick handheld pano attempt with the 60mm

Alas, I think I'm going to return my XE-1 to the dealer, and try a XM-1 when they are in stock.

As much as I do enjoy the overall ergonomics of the camera, I'm not really crazy about the EVF which is kind of laggy, tends to block up the shadows and can freeze when the camera focuses. I think the flip out LCD could actually prove more useful with the excellent 14mm lenses which is my favorite with this system.

glacierpete
Total Posts: 148

ypras,
nice shots. The cv15 seems to work fine on your fuji. Did you see any corner smearing or color shift? Looks like it works very well for some and not for others. I saw the same scenario with the CV15 on my Nex5n. It is perfectly fine on mine, and others reported problems with the same setup. It seems to depend on the adapter used and or older or newer CV15 version.

ypras

Thank you glacierpete! I have the newer CV15 and i am using it with a KIPON LM-FX adapter. Its performance depends on the aperture. In the center it is always sharp. However you have to stop it down to f8 or even f11 to get a sharp image across the whole frame. At these apertures (especially at f11) it is very sharp to the far edges and corners. At f5.6 and f4.5 the performance at the edges and corners drops dramatically ( i don't know if it is called smearing but for sure it is very soft). I don't see any color shift at any aperture. If the light helps i always use mine at f11 handheld or with a tripod. I would love to have the fuji 14 but the vc15 is lighter, cheaper (bought mine used), smaller and has awesome light star effect that really spoils you.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10881

Did some quick shots for a friend last night. Looking for shots for a Bar Mitzvah announcement...wanted something a little different with Taekwondo shots as well as a few more traditional shots. Here are some I took with the X-E1. (I did most with the OM-D).

One thing I never noticed with the 35/1.4 on distant backgrounds is that it's blurrier in the background in the center, then seems to have more DOF on the edges. Odd.

35/1.4:

14/2.8:

millsart
Total Posts: 5077

Probably a bit of field curvature on the 35mm accounts for that

Jman13
Total Posts: 10881

Yeah, but usually field curvature is towards the shooter at the edges. I've never seen inverted field curvature.

1       2       3              113      
       115              342       343       end