/forum/topic/1097477/110

1       2       3              110      
       112              308       309       end

W.T. Jones
Total Posts: 147

Millsart, nice write up.

ypras
Total Posts: 55

Hello to everyone there, i am new to this forum. I am a happy owner of a Fuji X-pro 1 for the last 6 months. The shots in this forum are really stunning. I would like to contribute to this forum with some of mine!

Voigtlander 75 heliar 1.8

Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr

ypras
Total Posts: 55

Fujinon 35

Untitled by yprasoulis, on Flickr

johnahill
Total Posts: 2499

A few with the XE-1 + 14mm

johnahill
Total Posts: 2499

A few more all with 14mm

Jman13
Total Posts: 10619

9 image stitch with 60/2.4 Macro: Columbus after the storm:

xenor
Total Posts: 111

A couple around the yard with the Super Takumar 105

apsphoto
Total Posts: 568

Amazing shots in this thread. Here are few recent ones, from a trip to the L. A. Zoo with the 55-200mm and some architecture with the 14mm with an X-Pro1

Jesse Giammatt
Total Posts: 119

Just got the Xe1 two days ago. Debated between it and the NEX 6 after spending a weekend in NYC lugging around my DSLR in 110 degree heat!
Finally opened up this thread, and the NEX image thread. Ignored the names and found I enjoyed the photos I saw here more, and decided to buy.

I love it!! Right now I only have the 18-55 kit, but am debating on the 35 1.4 (any idea when an 85 1.4 equivalent might come out).
I still have a place for DSLR's with my professional work. But for 90% of everything else, it will be the Xe1 from now on.

Here are a few of my dogs while just playing with it today

millsart
Total Posts: 4799

I found the 18-55 seemed just a little big to balance on the XE-1 but for a "kit" lens it certainly does have some very nice IQ and build quality.

I'll be curious to try the 16-50 as its a bit smaller and has a more useful range IMHO. Not sure if its going to be up to snuff optically though....however, I could still see even a compact consumer grade zoom having its purpose for casual shooting, and its still got the OIS system

xenor
Total Posts: 111

Another one from the other day with the Super Takumar 105 then two from today with the Hexanon 135

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1047

X Pro 1 and 55-200

Jman13
Total Posts: 10619

Jesse Giammatt wrote:
Just got the Xe1 two days ago. Debated between it and the NEX 6 after spending a weekend in NYC lugging around my DSLR in 110 degree heat!
Finally opened up this thread, and the NEX image thread. Ignored the names and found I enjoyed the photos I saw here more, and decided to buy.

I love it!! Right now I only have the 18-55 kit, but am debating on the 35 1.4 (any idea when an 85 1.4 equivalent might come out).
I still have a place for DSLR's with my professional work. But for 90% of everything else, it will be the Xe1 from now on.

The 35/1.4 is outstanding. Relatively sharp wide open and very sharp stopped down with a gorgeous rendering and nice bokeh. The 14/2.8 is an exceptionally good ultra-wide, if you like wide shooting. I had the 18-55 for a while. Good lens, but I have never really liked standard zooms, especially ones starting at 27/28mm equivalent.

The 56mm f/1.2 is slated to come out late this year, early next year (on the Fuji Roadmap), so that'll give you your 85mm equivalent (and at f/1.2!)

AbramG
Total Posts: 2452

itai195 wrote:
Re: straps: For a wrist strap, I really like the Peak Design Cuff. It hits almost all the high points for me. Very easy quick release, easy to tuck away when not using it, and decent adjustability for length.

I don't like neck straps, I prefer slings. I have a few of Gordy's slings. They're well made and very nice. The only thing I'd prefer is that they were more easily collapsible when not in use. They're fairly rigid leather. I'd prefer something fabric, with an easy quick release, and that's easy to tuck away when I don't want to use it, but haven't found anything that hits those points yet. Peak Design has a strap they market as a sling, but it requires an additional plate to be installed on the bottom of the camera, so I'm not interested in it. Closest thing I've found to ideal for me is the sling off of a Black Rapid Snapr.

Funny you mention that, I was looking at the leash from Peak Design, you don't have to use the baseplate actually, the connectors will also be able to attach to the strap from the lugs.

AbramG

Katie I LOVE that second shot, where is that?

dovey
Total Posts: 110

I use the Peak Design cuff and find it ideal for both the rx1 and the Fuji.
Light comfortable and stays out of the way

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1047

AbramG wrote:

Lower Falls - Yellowstone. Viewed from the artist point ridge across the valley from falls.

AbramG

KatieInTexas wrote:
AbramG wrote:

Lower Falls - Yellowstone. Viewed from the artist point ridge across the valley from falls.

I should have known that. It does seem rather picturesque.

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1621

KatieInTexas wrote:
AbramG wrote:

Katie,

That photo is of the Upper Falls of the Yellowstone, not the Lower Falls.

This is an old Photo of the Lower Falls that I took in 1985: "Lower Falls, Yellowstone, 1985" Photo of the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone (I believe from Artist Point), Yellowstone National Park taken the Columbus Day Weekend in 1985. Image taken with Leica RSP camera hand held and Leica 90mm f2.0 Summicron lens with shutter speed set at 1/125 of sec to "freeze" the water. Film: Kodachrome 64.

Rich

michael49
Total Posts: 5411

Jesse Giammatt wrote:
...I love it!! Right now I only have the 18-55 kit, but am debating on the 35 1.4 ...

Welcome. Get the 35 1.4, its simply amazing.

1       2       3              110      
       112              308       309       end