Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/108

1       2       3              108      
       110              578       579       end

charles sharpe
Total Posts: 123

Hello.

My first image with the Pro X 1 with 35mm Lens.

AbramG
Total Posts: 2898

I do plan on getting the 14mm eventually as I like the 20/21mm focal length quite a bit. Is about as wide as I like to go. I too previously owned the superb Zeiss 21 and now use the humble but enjoyable Canon 20mm (a surprisingly underrated lens). I enjoy 28mm for more closeup work so I'm glad I got the 18 just recently, I must have a thing for underdog lenses.

Off-topic but do you guys have any camera straps you like using with the fujis? I've been using my old Domke gripper (with the swivels) and it managed to scratch the hell out of my rear LCD.

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 661

A couple with the Contax G 21/2,8 on an X-E1:

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1229

Just returned from a 3700 mile road trip to Yellowstone. These are with the 55-200 on the XPro1:

AbramG

Katie, your work always makes me smile. There's something genuine about your images.

lithos
Total Posts: 63

xbarcelo what adapter do your use with the contax g 21? i read only metabones ones would fit due to the rear element. how are the angles? soft and smeared?

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1707

xbarcelo, first one is lovely! Makes me want to be there.
Abram, well said. Katie, you have a style that I really like.

Another landscape with X-E1 and Fuji 14mm:

Baklidammen by Helena Normark, on Flickr

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1707

And something completely different, same gear:

Sponhuset by Helena Normark, on Flickr

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 661

Lovely shots, Helena! You're seriously tempting me with the 14!

lithos, the adapter is one of those cheap ones. The only trick is mounting it once the adapter is on the camera. In fact, the metabones is useless with the 21 (at least, on the NEX is) because you can't mount it afterwards, so you need to cut the fins of the lens (which I don't want to do).
The extreme corners are slightly smeared, but the rest of the frame is VERY sharp. There is quite a significant vigneting, which can be taken care of in Lightroom. I'd say there isn't much colour shift to speak about (I have corrected none on the shots above), while on the NEX is clearly visible.

Cheers to both,

Xavier

Jman13
Total Posts: 13007

Two from lunch: X-E1 with Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8. First is converted in Silver Efex 2, second is OOC JPEG with B&W Red filter, corrected for perspective in post:

KatieInTexas
Total Posts: 1229

Abram, Helena - thank you.

a few more from the same get-up:

michael49
Total Posts: 5748

A few recent random images with the X-E1....

18-55....

35mm....

35mm.....

35mm....

FD 50 1.4....

justruss
Total Posts: 6528

AbramG wrote:
Off-topic but do you guys have any camera straps you like using with the fujis? I've been using my old Domke gripper (with the swivels) and it managed to scratch the hell out of my rear LCD.

Honestly, the best I've come up with is to make my own handstrap with a short, single length of paracord in olive green. It's just long enough to put my hand through and hold the camera with minimal tension. If I drop the camera, it hangs on my wrist.

I attached one of those triangular metal strap clips that came with the camera, ran the paracord through it so that the cord doesn't slip when I pull on one end, and then closed the loop with a sort of knot that is comfortable on the wrist. Something like 50 ft of paracord is $10. The strap probably used less than 12 inches. It's static breaking strength is around 550-lbs; a knot reduces this somewhat. The metal clip will blow out first.

With something this small, I prefer not to use a neck strap at all. The hand strap is mostly for peace of mind, if I drop the camera it's not going to fall. If I'm walking around and someone tried to grab it, they'd probably dislocate my shoulder before getting the camera. And the strap is just the right length to easily connect to my tripod as a form of insurance should the ballhead/QR fail.

It also looks pretty cool.

Guari
Total Posts: 1249

http://www.dsptch.com/#collections

These guys make great straps, it's all I use and I'm happy with those..

justruss
Total Posts: 6528

Guari wrote:

Or you can make those yourself for about $10 or less of materials.

For mine, I went with a single loop, since I didn't want that heavy strap braid-- and I didn't anticipate needing to undo the braid to use the pcord for emergency situations (I just carry pcord for most places that might require it).

Edit: I should clarify that I'm referring to the "wrist" straps on the page, which are made out of standard pcord and clips.

Guari
Total Posts: 1249

justruss wrote:
Guari wrote:

Or you can make those yourself for about $10 or less of materials.

For mine, I went with a single loop, since I didn't want that heavy strap braid-- and I didn't anticipate needing to undo the braid to use the pcord for emergency situations (I just carry pcord for most places that might require it).

Edit: I should clarify that I'm referring to the "wrist" straps on the page, which are made out of standard pcord and clips.

Sure. But then I'm a klutz with handmade projects, so I'd rather pay for it than losing my time at a poor attempt

anyhow, what I use from them is their slings. I don't like having the weight only on my neck, so this helps a lot.

And there is no metal to scratch your camera

corposant
Total Posts: 2960

Guari wrote:

I prefer Gordy's: http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com

AbramG

I've had Gordy's straps before. I like wrist straps on really small cameras, something like the Ricoh GR, but the X-Pro 1 to me still has enough girth to warrant hanging over my shoulder. Especially if I'm shooting another camera along with it. (I get crazy sometimes).

I'm all for DIY options, and while I may not be the most adept at making things, if I have good instructions I can do just about anything.

On every other camera I use a strap with I have a Wapiti strap but I though it might have been TOO much for the lightweight X-pro 1. I'm also surely not about to go pay the ludicrous asking prices for fancy straps like A&A as well as other similar options.

I will look into the paracord route as well, perhaps I can get creative. Thanks friends!

Alexey011
Total Posts: 61

50/1.4s.s.c.

itai195
Total Posts: 1358

Re: straps: For a wrist strap, I really like the Peak Design Cuff. It hits almost all the high points for me. Very easy quick release, easy to tuck away when not using it, and decent adjustability for length.

I don't like neck straps, I prefer slings. I have a few of Gordy's slings. They're well made and very nice. The only thing I'd prefer is that they were more easily collapsible when not in use. They're fairly rigid leather. I'd prefer something fabric, with an easy quick release, and that's easy to tuck away when I don't want to use it, but haven't found anything that hits those points yet. Peak Design has a strap they market as a sling, but it requires an additional plate to be installed on the bottom of the camera, so I'm not interested in it. Closest thing I've found to ideal for me is the sling off of a Black Rapid Snapr.

1       2       3              108      
       110              578       579       end