Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/105

1       2       3              105      
       107              578       579       end

Jeffrey
Total Posts: 10815

For a break from people's endless babies and other kids you don't know, here are some industrial images I made of machined parts that we make at my company. Just a quick setup using white paper on a table with existing window light and some impromptu foam core reflectors. XPro1 with 60mm macro lens, tripod. f16.

justruss
Total Posts: 6529

One complaint I have is that adapting Canon and OM lenses to FX requires a relatively deep adapter. So, for instance, my lovely OM 24mm-- which renders nicely on the X-E1-- requires an adapter that's almost the same length as the lens itself.

It looks like the Contax G lenses use a tiny adapter.

Are there any other reasonably priced alts that adapt to FX with short adapters?

you2
Total Posts: 792

The lens wasn't amazing or the birthday party wasn't amazing ?

ssnap wrote:
Well, I took the 55-200 out to my nephews birthday party and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't amazing, but I got some good images before the rain came

In all honesty, there wasn't a lot of running around today.

sebboh
Total Posts: 12610

justruss wrote:
One complaint I have is that adapting Canon and OM lenses to FX requires a relatively deep adapter. So, for instance, my lovely OM 24mm-- which renders nicely on the X-E1-- requires an adapter that's almost the same length as the lens itself.

It looks like the Contax G lenses use a tiny adapter.

Are there any other reasonably priced alts that adapt to FX with short adapters?

rangefinder lenses are the only ones with short adapters. this means contax g and voigtlander m-mount lenses are pretty much the only reasonably priced lenses with short adapters.

oops, nearly forgot olympus pen f lenses have a short adapter and some (ok just 2 or 3) are pretty cheap. they won't work on any future FF camera though since they are half frame lenses.

millsart
Total Posts: 6125

Haven't tried any Contax G's on the X ever, but on my NEX's the wider ones had some issues with smearing and color shifts in the corners.

With mirrorless I've found that most compact sized wides, sans, retrofocus 35mm SLR lenses which are always going to be bigger/bulkier, will have some corner issues, save for the Voigtlander 15mm which strangely worked pretty well.

It was a shame too because there are so many great (and in some cases affordable) M, LTD and Contax wides that would be a great size

Jeffrey
Total Posts: 10815

Someone really ought to start a new thread just to yak about adapting alt lenses to their cameras and let this thread return to being the IMAGE thread that it is supposed to be.

itai195
Total Posts: 1358

Yeah, lets get back to the endless babies and other kids you don't know

felixj
Total Posts: 93

More adapted lens...With photo!

Minolta MD 50mm f/1.4 + X Pro 1 via cheap adapter.

Fverburg
Total Posts: 52

Fuji got another one.....

I have been looking at getting something a little more portable for those times that I don't want to lug a DSLR around. I got the X Pro-1 and the 18-55 zoom.

The Camera arrived on Friday and I have been shooting around for the last two days. While it has its quirks and is not a substitute for a DSLR in a lot of cases, it's a lot of fun.

And I love those Fuji files............

Regards,

Frank

ssnap
Total Posts: 459

you2 wrote:
The lens wasn't amazing or the birthday party wasn't amazing ?

ssnap wrote:
Well, I took the 55-200 out to my nephews birthday party and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't amazing, but I got some good images before the rain came

In all honesty, there wasn't a lot of running around today.

, sorry for the confusion. The party was great. The lens was good, I just had to anticipate my shots. It was no Canon 70-200 but it wasn't horrible (relative to focus speed). The XP1 can be a tricky camera. Sometimes AF speed will be frustrating and other times it's not an issue. Anyway, for my needs I feel fine using the 55-200 outdoors with my kiddos.

Unfortunately, heavy rains came halfway through the party. We were forced inside and I used my X100s going forward. Like I said in the previous post the kids weren't running around very much. They didn't get a sugar rush from cake until the party was moved inside.

umsl12
Total Posts: 298

Fuji Xe1, 35mm1.4, SOOC JPEG ( first outing after i have had the new set for 2 weeks. )

Untitled by nht800, on Flickr

umsl12
Total Posts: 298

Hi Ssnap,

Thanks a lot for sharing the great pictures of your family and your thought about the lens. Congrats on your new born!

Cheers,

jonrock
Total Posts: 560

Felixj, yeah the Hexanon 50mm f1.7 is actually one of my favorite alt lenses though you're right in that its a flare machine.

Has anyone used Contax G lenses on a Fuji X body? I've been contemplating on picking up an adapter for the lenses i have since the announcement that next set of firmware updates will have focus peaking.

justruss
Total Posts: 6529

I've seen a lot of posts on using the Contax G lenses on other forums. They seem like remarkable lenses.

I'm not sure I'd be in a major rush to grab the wider lenses, since the native Fuji lenses covering those FLs are so good as it is. But I'm definitely interested in the 90.

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

The Contax g 90 is a great lens. Here are some low light, high ISO shots taken with a Nex 5n and a g 90. I imagine this lens would be great on an XE-1

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/969329/515?keyword=x#11317832

Camtography

Something from yesterday.

The Mechanic by Camtography, on Flickr

HelenaN
Total Posts: 1709

^That's really cool Camtography! The style reminds me of one of those movies based on (usually Marvel) cartoons.

itai195, what a cute baby portrait (post p.106 #16)! Nicely processed too. I enjoy seeing people's family photos (as long as they are well done) and don't find them boring.

itai195
Total Posts: 1358

Thanks, Helena. I try not to post too many baby photos, since I know they can get old, but sometimes I can't resist.

Regarding Contax G lenses, I've shot my Contax G 90mm on my X-E1 with a metabones adapter a little bit and it handles pretty well. I haven't used it that much, and don't have any great results to show off, but I expect I'll use it a lot more once focus peaking shows up.

Camtography

Thank you so much

This is another photo that I took earlier in the day, I fell in love with the golden colours that I wanted to share it

Samer-16 by Camtography, on Flickr

barisaxer
Total Posts: 577

A few from my yard

1       2       3              105      
       107              578       579       end