Fujifilm X-mount Image Thread
/forum/topic/1097477/0

2       3              288       289       end

ceder
Total Posts: 278

Hi all,
Thought it would be nice with a thread with photos from the Fuji X-Pro1 and other cameras using the X-mount.

I start with a landscape shot - done with a ND110 filter. The X-Pro1 is a bit peculiar when it comes to extreme long exposures - you can read about it on my site: http://cederphotography.com/Blog

Here is the first photo, a vertorama of 1 shot: the water was pushed 1 stop, and the water WB was adjusted. For the sky, I lightened the sky a bit in the upper central part - that's it!

I am giving this photo away, under a Creative Commons license - download it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cederfoto/7013465661/in/photostream

Hope to see many contributions here!!

Cheers!

apsphoto
Total Posts: 540

Thanks Jens and an interesting article, I will be waiting to here more of your experiences, I am thinking of getting one of these cameras.

Alan

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6389

Amazing shot. What's that one dot in the middle?

AhamB
Total Posts: 4944

Nice website you have, with many "ethereal" kind of shots. I also like the text font, but noticed you have a typo in your stylesheet: font-family: 'Habibi',Geogia,Times,serif; (second one should be Georgia of course). Also, it annoys me that I can't use the universal scroll feature by middle clicking on the page.

Anyway, looking forward to more of your experiences with the X-Pro1.

dennishh
Total Posts: 758

FlyPenFly wrote:
Amazing shot. What's that one dot in the middle?

It must be the bag of Canon gear he threw off the bridge, now he can afford the whole Fuji kit. Very nice shot gotta love those colors.

ceder

Thanks for the nice comments! Lol dennishh! - it is a buoy!
AhamB, it is a new website - I hope to change a lot of stuff, as soon as I find the time, e.g. make it more iPad/iPhone friendly etc, so thanks for the comments.
And I will put up more stuff about the X-Pro1 - especially manual focus...

dennishh

Can't wait to hear how you like the camera, I've seen some amazing images with it already. Congratulations on the bouy!

ceder

Thanks for the congratulations on the bouy - havn't photoshopped it yet...

Maybe a job for the spot-removal tool?

dennishh

I had an instructor in photo school that always said " if it looks like it shouldn't be there, take it out!" That was before Digital and Photoshop by a couple of years. This advice has payed big dividends over the years by avoiding the big question by the client, What is that !!!!!!!!

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20254

I think I'm going to like this little puppy! It's very light, yet very solid. A good combination.

Here's an image and two 100% crops from the XF 60mm f/2.4R Macro at f/8, on tripod, ISO 200, no MLU.

The original is a Fujifilm RAF (RAW) file, developed using the Fujifilm Silkypix converter, saved as TIF and then opened in PS CS5. Minimal processing; auto contrast, fix white point and (for full image) slight USM sharpening. The first image is the whole thing, followed by 100% crops just left and down from the centre, and then up at the top left.

Edit: Hmmm... I must have mixed things up a bit. EXIF data on the full image shows f/16 (which I did shoot), but I'm pretty sure the 100% crops were at f/8. Details, details...

P.S. no USM on the 100% crops.

Andrew Gough
Total Posts: 2057

I'd really like to see a wide angle - Voigtlander 12mm - on this cam

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20254

I'll show you an XR 18/2 tomorrow.

I have an M to X adapter on the way, but I sold my LM/LTM lenses after an unfortunate experience with an E-P1.

ceder

Looking forward to your results - I am not getting mine until next week!

jcolwell wrote:
I'll show you an XR 18/2 tomorrow.

I have an M to X adapter on the way, but I sold my LM/LTM lenses after an unfortunate experience with an E-P1.

ceder

Fuji X-Pro1 + XF 35/1.4 @ f1.6 & 1/250, ISO 400. 100% crop, manual focus.

Manual focus is very hard on the X-Pro1, since when you click the magnification wheel, it enlarges way too much (10x?). You have to sit down when you do this.
I never really liked the peak-thing on the NEX, it is all over - I prefer doing it with the 4x magnification (9x is too much - I use this for tripod work). Same with the canon, manual focus using live view is doable with 5x, 10x is for tripod. What do you guys think? Very frustrating!!!!

olelovold
Total Posts: 152

Some street shots from today. The first two with the 18mm, the rest with the 35. JPGs with some LR processing.

Ataboy
Total Posts: 628

Nice shots, but why am I seeing so much noise on them? Look at the sky, for example. Is it ISO 3200?

olelovold
Total Posts: 152

It's not noise, it's grain added in post. I like texture

allstarimaging
Total Posts: 1856

Looking forward to seeing some people/portrait images with the 35 1.4 shot wide open to F2.8 to see how the sharpness and bokeh look.
Jack

ceder

olelovold wrote:
Some street shots from today. The first two with the 18mm, the rest with the 35. JPGs with some LR processing.

Very nice Ole!

phillie5o3
Total Posts: 182

card was charged today from adorama, and shipping status reads "packed" so i'm guessing it'll be on its way by monday (since it's shipped via 'UPS ground', and they don't ship on saturdays).

2       3              288       289       end