Fujifilm X10 Thread
/forum/topic/1088208/0

2       3              8       9       end

rattymouse
Total Posts: 4483

anthonygh
Total Posts: 1844

It is a nice camera.....but not that special!! I tested one around Christmas and I decided to stick with my G10...the Fuji has some advantages...but far more disadvantages. For me anyway!

millsart
Total Posts: 4706

anthonygh wrote:
It is a nice camera.....but not that special!! I tested one around Christmas and I decided to stick with my G10...the Fuji has some advantages...but far more disadvantages. For me anyway!

G10 is great at ISO 80 for landscape shots ( I own one ) and has amazing per pixel sharpness, but even ISO 200 is darn near unusable its so noisy. X10 is pretty good even at ISO 800 not to mention its lens is still f2.8 even at 112mm.

If your shooting landscape type work I agree G10 still can't be beat, but for anything else its become rather dated

rioni
Total Posts: 557

I also tested one a month ago or so and wasn't that impressed. Decided to go with a nex5n and lenses and have been very happy. Nice pics to start this thread though.

rattymouse

anthonygh wrote:

The only disadvantage I know of with the X10 is the ORB problem shooting into bright lights. There is no way around that problem and I am trying to learn to live with it. Strangely, many images with bright lights produce no ORBS. But just as soon as you get comfortable not seeing ORBS, they appear again.
Very frustrating.

millsart
Total Posts: 4706

rioni wrote:
I also tested one a month ago or so and wasn't that impressed. Decided to go with a nex5n and lenses and have been very happy. Nice pics to start this thread though.

Where you expecting a fixed lens, small sensor, high end compact, aka a P&S, to really rival an APS-C interchangeable lenses camera system though ?

I don't really understand peoples comments of not being impressed, unless their had unrealistic expectations. Having owned the S100, LX5, XZ1, G12 and darn near every other compact on the market, I'd say the X10 has hands down the best overall IQ

Does it match APS-C or even m4/3 ? No, but those cameras are in a different class. No point and shoot out there is going to rival them.

Not that the X10 is right for everyone, and no doubt a majority here would have higher demands/needs, but X10 is sill a very impressive step in the right direction for the compact market.

Perfect ? Not hardly, but manual zoom, fast lens, usable viewfinder, direct controls etc are all really good steps in the right direction..

rattymouse

rattymouse

Visuals
Total Posts: 526

Love that we have an X10 Thread! I love mine, I'll contribute..

rattymouse

kosmoskatten
Total Posts: 2960

Wow, never seen so much color fringing in my whole life.

michael49
Total Posts: 5400

One from today. Took the same shot with my 5d and 35L, amazing how close they are.

Bricklayer's artistry...

michael49

One more....

Visuals

THIS IS WHAT 1CM MACRO LOOKS LIKE

I have a filter on the front element......it was touching the can!

Love this camera

ISO 800

Visuals

one more

rattymouse

michael49

2 shot pano....

prashant
Total Posts: 472

cool. Is it in camera or stitched in ps?
michael49 wrote:
2 shot pano....

rattymouse

prashant wrote:
cool. Is it in camera or stitched in ps?
michael49 wrote:
2 shot pano....

Has to be Photoshop. An in-camera shot is not multiple shots per se, in that you only push the shutter once.

Anyway, it is a great image.

rattymouse

2       3              8       9       end