Is this screen protector ok for 1D Mark IV?
/forum/topic/1074024/0

joonrhee
Total Posts: 248

Hi,

My brand new 1DIV will be arriving tomorrow along with the RRS L bracket!! I was just wondering if the one below should be sufficient to protect both LCD screens on the back. I know it shows the picture of both screen protectors, but didn't mention that it actually contains both protectors. Anyone has experience with this protector?
http://www.amazon.com/Optical-Glass-Screen-Protector-Canon/dp/B003IWBAGK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325741159&sr=8-2

Richard Nye
Total Posts: 2378

Why do you want a screen protector? It's not needed and will affect the appearance of the LCD screen. Your screen will not get scratched. If it does, it's a simple and inexpensive replacement.

Photon
Total Posts: 9918

Richard Nye wrote:
Why do you want a screen protector? It's not needed and will affect the appearance of the LCD screen. Your screen will not get scratched. If it does, it's a simple and inexpensive replacement.

+1 Save a few bucks and enjoy the view on one of Canon's best LCDs.

Masahara
Total Posts: 302

Photon wrote:
Richard Nye wrote:

+1 Save a few bucks and enjoy the view on one of Canon's best LCDs.

+1 Unlike the acrylic screen covers on previous models, the Mark IV's screen is covered by reinforced glass. I'd think that much less likely to need any kind of add on over it than the screens you might be used to.

joonrhee
Total Posts: 248

I don't know... I was always accustomed to having a screen protector on all of my electronic devices... I guess I can wait until tomorrow and check out the lcd screen first, then decide whether I'd still want the protector or not. Thanks.