Moving from f4 IS to 2.8 IS II!
/forum/topic/1072478/0



RogerC11
Registered: Mar 31, 2009
Total Posts: 2245
Country: United States

I just sold my beloved 70-200 f4 IS to fund the 70-200 2.8 IS II. With all the rebates going on right now, I thought it would be an opportune time to buy especially with all the recent praise I've been reading on the FM boards. Really hope this won't disappoint given that my copy of the f4 IS was spectacular. I will update you all with my initial impressions in a week!



dwweiche
Registered: Apr 19, 2009
Total Posts: 1419
Country: United States

Given the frequency of posts about people picking up the Mk II (myself included) Canon must have sold a boat-load of these lenses in the past few months.



Dawei Ye
Registered: Sep 15, 2007
Total Posts: 3690
Country: Australia

Same here! But I kept the f/4IS



Daan B
Registered: Aug 16, 2007
Total Posts: 7591
Country: Netherlands

rogie wrote:
I just sold my beloved 70-200 f4 IS to fund the 70-200 2.8 IS II. With all the rebates going on right now, I thought it would be an opportune time to buy especially with all the recent praise I've been reading on the FM boards. Really hope this won't disappoint given that my copy of the f4 IS was spectacular. I will update you all with my initial impressions in a week!


I don't get it... (not that this matters in the grand scheme of things). But you loved your f/4 IS, right? And you are selling it because the 2.8 IS gets recent praise, right? ...



Ian.Dobinson
Registered: Feb 18, 2007
Total Posts: 11645
Country: United Kingdom

the only downside to the mk2 IS is the extra heft you have to lug around . if your ok with that then it will do everything the F4is does and more as it does it from a stop faster.



Dawei Ye
Registered: Sep 15, 2007
Total Posts: 3690
Country: Australia

I'm shattered. I purchased at 2069 on Tuesday, but BH has dropped price to 1974. Do you reckon there's anyway to get a refund on the difference?



RobertLynn
Registered: Jan 05, 2008
Total Posts: 11514
Country: United States

Is it at 1974 again?

I could've waited! Lol.



RogerC11
Registered: Mar 31, 2009
Total Posts: 2245
Country: United States

Dawei Ye wrote:
I'm shattered. I purchased at 2069 on Tuesday, but BH has dropped price to 1974. Do you reckon there's anyway to get a refund on the difference?

They will honor you the difference as long as you purchased it within a month of the price change and you have the rebate code. I got the price adjusted on my 5dii this way.



RogerC11
Registered: Mar 31, 2009
Total Posts: 2245
Country: United States

Daan B wrote:
rogie wrote:
I just sold my beloved 70-200 f4 IS to fund the 70-200 2.8 IS II. With all the rebates going on right now, I thought it would be an opportune time to buy especially with all the recent praise I've been reading on the FM boards. Really hope this won't disappoint given that my copy of the f4 IS was spectacular. I will update you all with my initial impressions in a week!


I don't get it... (not that this matters in the grand scheme of things). But you loved your f/4 IS, right? And you are selling it because the 2.8 IS gets recent praise, right? ...

Yes, you are right. I also loved my 1995 Acura Integra but sometimes its good to move on to bigger and better things.



Dawei Ye
Registered: Sep 15, 2007
Total Posts: 3690
Country: Australia

It's strange how if you search for the lens the old price comes up - it's only with the code does the discount apply?



RogerC11
Registered: Mar 31, 2009
Total Posts: 2245
Country: United States

Dawei Ye wrote:
It's strange how if you search for the lens the old price comes up - it's only with the code does the discount apply?

Yes, correct. I will pm you the code if you'd like, so that way you can call BH for the difference because they will ask for the sku # on where you saw the deal.



Daan B
Registered: Aug 16, 2007
Total Posts: 7591
Country: Netherlands

rogie wrote:
Yes, you are right. I also loved my 1995 Acura Integra but sometimes its good to move on to bigger and better things.


I guess so



EB-1
Registered: Jan 09, 2003
Total Posts: 22503
Country: United States

Dawei Ye wrote:
Same here! But I kept the f/4IS


Absolutely!

EBH



chez
Registered: Nov 26, 2003
Total Posts: 7861
Country: Canada

rogie wrote:
Daan B wrote:
rogie wrote:
I just sold my beloved 70-200 f4 IS to fund the 70-200 2.8 IS II. With all the rebates going on right now, I thought it would be an opportune time to buy especially with all the recent praise I've been reading on the FM boards. Really hope this won't disappoint given that my copy of the f4 IS was spectacular. I will update you all with my initial impressions in a week!


I don't get it... (not that this matters in the grand scheme of things). But you loved your f/4 IS, right? And you are selling it because the 2.8 IS gets recent praise, right? ...

Yes, you are right. I also loved my 1995 Acura Integra but sometimes its good to move on to bigger and better things.


Yes, but vehicles ware out...lens not so much.



reno.peterson
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3077
Country: United States

RobertLynn wrote: Is it at 1974 again?

I could've waited! Lol.
<--------

Robert, we've all gotten to know you...No you couldn't have!!!



RobertLynn
Registered: Jan 05, 2008
Total Posts: 11514
Country: United States

reno.peterson wrote:
RobertLynn wrote: Is it at 1974 again?

I could've waited! Lol.
<--------

Robert, we've all gotten to know you...No you couldn't have!!!

That's one of the nicest things anyone has eer said about me! Lol.

Yeah, I truly don't know how I waited as long as I did...I almost bought the refurb for more.



rockiteer
Registered: Dec 28, 2011
Total Posts: 4
Country: United States

rogie wrote:
Dawei Ye wrote:
It's strange how if you search for the lens the old price comes up - it's only with the code does the discount apply?

Yes, correct. I will pm you the code if you'd like, so that way you can call BH for the difference because they will ask for the sku # on where you saw the deal.



where do you get this code?



Fred Miranda
Registered: Dec 31, 2001
Total Posts: 17701
Country: United States

The link to get $400 off is here.
I'm not sure if it will last the entire day today. If it's gone, please let me know.



JimboCin
Registered: Aug 21, 2005
Total Posts: 1114
Country: United States

The offer ends Dec. 31.

On the B&H web site there are 'show specials' and other specials that do not show up in a search - even if B&H people do the search.

You just have to know about them. If you get on the B&H e-mailing list, or become a friend of B&H on Facebook some of these specials are sent to you.

If you look around FM you will find a few other vendors have similar offerings.



Dawei Ye
Registered: Sep 15, 2007
Total Posts: 3690
Country: Australia

BH Photo is awesome! They refunded me!