Moving from f4 IS to 2.8 IS II!
/forum/topic/1072478/0

RogerC11
Total Posts: 2245

I just sold my beloved 70-200 f4 IS to fund the 70-200 2.8 IS II. With all the rebates going on right now, I thought it would be an opportune time to buy especially with all the recent praise I've been reading on the FM boards. Really hope this won't disappoint given that my copy of the f4 IS was spectacular. I will update you all with my initial impressions in a week!

dwweiche
Total Posts: 1419

Given the frequency of posts about people picking up the Mk II (myself included) Canon must have sold a boat-load of these lenses in the past few months.

Dawei Ye
Total Posts: 3690

Same here! But I kept the f/4IS

Daan B
Total Posts: 7591

rogie wrote:
I just sold my beloved 70-200 f4 IS to fund the 70-200 2.8 IS II. With all the rebates going on right now, I thought it would be an opportune time to buy especially with all the recent praise I've been reading on the FM boards. Really hope this won't disappoint given that my copy of the f4 IS was spectacular. I will update you all with my initial impressions in a week!

I don't get it... (not that this matters in the grand scheme of things). But you loved your f/4 IS, right? And you are selling it because the 2.8 IS gets recent praise, right? ...

Ian.Dobinson
Total Posts: 11645

the only downside to the mk2 IS is the extra heft you have to lug around . if your ok with that then it will do everything the F4is does and more as it does it from a stop faster.

Dawei Ye

I'm shattered. I purchased at 2069 on Tuesday, but BH has dropped price to 1974. Do you reckon there's anyway to get a refund on the difference?

RobertLynn
Total Posts: 11514

Is it at 1974 again?

I could've waited! Lol.

RogerC11

Dawei Ye wrote:
I'm shattered. I purchased at 2069 on Tuesday, but BH has dropped price to 1974. Do you reckon there's anyway to get a refund on the difference?

They will honor you the difference as long as you purchased it within a month of the price change and you have the rebate code. I got the price adjusted on my 5dii this way.

RogerC11

Daan B wrote:
rogie wrote:

I don't get it... (not that this matters in the grand scheme of things). But you loved your f/4 IS, right? And you are selling it because the 2.8 IS gets recent praise, right? ...

Yes, you are right. I also loved my 1995 Acura Integra but sometimes its good to move on to bigger and better things.

Dawei Ye

It's strange how if you search for the lens the old price comes up - it's only with the code does the discount apply?

RogerC11

Dawei Ye wrote:
It's strange how if you search for the lens the old price comes up - it's only with the code does the discount apply?

Yes, correct. I will pm you the code if you'd like, so that way you can call BH for the difference because they will ask for the sku # on where you saw the deal.

Daan B
Total Posts: 7591

rogie wrote:
Yes, you are right. I also loved my 1995 Acura Integra but sometimes its good to move on to bigger and better things.

I guess so

EB-1
Total Posts: 22503

Dawei Ye wrote:
Same here! But I kept the f/4IS

Absolutely!

EBH

chez
Total Posts: 7861

rogie wrote:
Daan B wrote:
rogie wrote:

Yes, but vehicles ware out...lens not so much.

reno.peterson
Total Posts: 3077

RobertLynn wrote: Is it at 1974 again?

I could've waited! Lol.
<--------

Robert, we've all gotten to know you...No you couldn't have!!!

RobertLynn
Total Posts: 11514

reno.peterson wrote:
RobertLynn wrote: Is it at 1974 again?

I could've waited! Lol.
<--------

Robert, we've all gotten to know you...No you couldn't have!!!

That's one of the nicest things anyone has eer said about me! Lol.

Yeah, I truly don't know how I waited as long as I did...I almost bought the refurb for more.

rockiteer
Total Posts: 4

rogie wrote:
Dawei Ye wrote:

Yes, correct. I will pm you the code if you'd like, so that way you can call BH for the difference because they will ask for the sku # on where you saw the deal.

where do you get this code?

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17701

The link to get $400 off is here.
I'm not sure if it will last the entire day today. If it's gone, please let me know.

JimboCin
Total Posts: 1114

The offer ends Dec. 31.

On the B&H web site there are 'show specials' and other specials that do not show up in a search - even if B&H people do the search.

You just have to know about them. If you get on the B&H e-mailing list, or become a friend of B&H on Facebook some of these specials are sent to you.

If you look around FM you will find a few other vendors have similar offerings.

Dawei Ye

BH Photo is awesome! They refunded me!