S100
/forum/topic/1066934/0

outlawyer
Total Posts: 1404

A co-worker showed me his new solid black S100 P&s yesterday, and some pictures.
What a nice camera, size of a pack of king sized cigarettes but weighty and substantial, as if forged from solid titanium. Pictures are excellent. $400.
Loved it, but as long as 20D's are $150 in nice shape, not for me. I could just see watching it sink to the bottom of the sea.

h00ligan
Total Posts: 2155

Bh would probably just I've you a new one and post a video

dadagallery
Total Posts: 858

Adobe has a beta Camera Raw that will process the s100 raw images and they look sweet with that new CMOS sensor.

mspencer1
Total Posts: 550

This is a great little camera. I got it so that I can have a camera that goes every where with me and also to use when scuba diving and its working out great.

Margaret

Ariel Bravy
Total Posts: 7379

Does anyone know how it compares to the camera in the iPhone 4S? Both IQ-wise and video-wise?

Richard Nye
Total Posts: 2422

outlawyer, I'm with you. The S100 looks nice, but I always carry my Droid with me and I can use that just as well. Give me a good ol' dslr and I'm happy. My T2i is my portable camera. My 1DsIII and 1DIV is when I get serious.

stanj
Total Posts: 9679

Ariel Bravy wrote:
Does anyone know how it compares to the camera in the iPhone 4S? Both IQ-wise and video-wise?

Just stills so far - the S100 wins hands down.

Raw images (matters to people on this board)
Much lower noise
Higher rez
Optical zoom
Real IS

I had the S95 which I gave to my mom because her older P&S died. The S100 is a superb replacement in all respects except the hand strap, which is a pure travesty compared to the old one.

The 20D may be better and cheaper but doesn't quite fit in my pocket or center arm rest in my car (where my P&S spends most of its life).

gheller
Total Posts: 5887

Richard Nye wrote:
outlawyer, I'm with you. The S100 looks nice, but I always carry my Droid with me and I can use that just as well.

absolutely my thoughts. I had a s95 briefly. It is markedly better than my Droid, but not enough to warrant bringing another device wherever I go.

greg

Ariel Bravy
Total Posts: 7379

Thanks Stan.