flower
/forum/topic/1066107/0

sbeme
Total Posts: 17651

Canon 100 Macro 2.8

Scott

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5166

Hideous... Just putting you on... Love the colors.. The yellow background is a little distracting, but overall it works,,

sbeme
Total Posts: 17651

Thanks.
Do you think I should darken the background further? Or just the luminence of the background yellows?
And yes, I was attracted to the hideousness of it all.

Scott

oldrattler

sbeme wrote:
Thanks.
Do you think I should darken the background further? Or just the luminence of the background yellows?
And yes, I was attracted to the hideousness of it all.

Scott

Scott, The contrast is good, but the brightness of the yellow is what catches my attention.. I would not attempt to tell you how to photo or process but a yellow luminosity reduction would help, IMHO...

cgardner
Total Posts: 9376

You may recall my discussion of the apply image function in CS5 from previous flower shots to enhance detail in yellow flowers.. I used it below, along with a bit of selective sharpening...

It involved making Lab and RGB copies of the file then adding the detail from the B channel in the RGB copy to the L channel in the Lab copy using multiply mode. Then the Lab copy was converted back to RGB and blended in selectively to the original.

oldrattler

cgardner wrote:
You may recall my discussion of the apply image function in CS5 from previous flower shots to enhance detail in yellow flowers.. I used it below, along with a bit of selective sharpening...

It involved making Lab and RGB copies of the file then adding the detail from the B channel in the RGB copy to the L channel in the Lab copy using multiply mode. Then the Lab copy was converted back to RGB and blended in selectively to the original.

Chuck, I missed your previous discussion on this.. Do you have a link for it.. Thanks

cgardner
Total Posts: 9376

oldrattler wrote:

Chuck, I missed your previous discussion on this.. Do you have a link for it.. Thanks

I've deleted some of the linked edited files but the explanation is here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1038029/0#9862084

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6900

I believe it was:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1036762/