Panasonic M4/3 adapters for Nikon Lenses?
/forum/topic/1065190/0

Neil Goldstein
Total Posts: 2

Does anyone use an adapter to put Nikon lenses on a Panasonic G1, 2, or 3 body? The cost of an adapter varies from $13 to $275. I was looking at one for around $50 (Dot Line), but I was wondering if it was reliable. Any comments on your experience with specific brands would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

adam613
Total Posts: 890

I use a Fotodiox Pro adapter that I got for about $30 from Amazon. It works fine...every lens I've tried mounts and focuses to infinity. It has a bit of rotational play, which is annoying but doesn't affect functionality. I haven't tried anything exotic...mostly AI and AI-S primes between 50 and 200mm.

deadwolfbones
Total Posts: 2621

I've used the ones from Rainbowimaging on eBay to good effect. Somewhere around $20-25 shipped, from within the USA. They have ones in the same price range that will control the aperture on G-type Nikkor lenses, too.

Jman13
Total Posts: 10776

I use the RJ camera ones, which are sold by a bazillion vendors on eBay...I think those are the ones Rainbowimaging sells. I've got Nikon, Canon, Konica and Minolta adapters from them, and they're very well built and work great...no need to break the bank, IMO.

Kingfishphoto
Total Posts: 6862

I purchased the fotodiox Nikon G adapter on Amazon. All my Nikon lens- fit loosely into the adapter. I have put several small pieces of blue painters tape on the adapter face, about 180 degrees apart, that helps tighten the lens fit up. Iam not happy with it, especially with the tape ides. Thought about several fine drops of glue or epoxy- but that could be worse if it comes off.
Harry Palmer

Jman13
Total Posts: 10776

If it's anything like most of the cheaper mechanical adapters, look into the nikon mount side and you should see little slits spaced along the inside of the adapter...stick a small flathead precision screwdriver into those slots and twist slightly to bubble out the metal a smidge. This is there to adjust the tightness of the fit. Expand those a little and your lens should fit quite well, without tape.

Neil Goldstein
Total Posts: 2

Thanks, all, for your comments. I have AF lenses (pre-G), so it sounds like most of the adapters would handle them reasonably well. I'll report back if I have particularly good or bad experiences with what I buy.

Kingfishphoto

Thanks Jordan- ill try that and report back.
Harry Palmer

Kingfishphoto

I tried Jordans approach- opened up the three slots in the tabs on the mount, with a tiny screwdriver. Now all lenses fit better, much tighter.
Harry Palmer