Help & Suggestions
/forum/topic/1062569/0

Bob Jarman
Total Posts: 6211

A starting point - thought and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Jo Dilbeck
Total Posts: 2399

Lighten up moms face a bit, I think it's too much in shadow. Not as bright as the baby, but just a little more. The vignette is a wee too dark for my taste.

Lovely photo of the two of them though!

Jo

sbeme
Total Posts: 17303

Sorry Bob, I dont like this one. The baby's head right in front of the middle of Mom's face creates an awkward juxtaposition and doesnt do justice to the warmth of the actual scene. While natural, there is something odd looking about Mom's fingers as well. Maybe it's that we just see three. Maybe its that we only see one fully. I dont think this is a keeper.
But I am sure you will and have had other opportunities.
Scott

AuntiPode
Total Posts: 6704

Or, perhaps take it further?

Bob Jarman

Jo,

Thanks for looking and your suggestion. At the moment I'm inclined more toward darker, somewhat like AutiPode's re-work.

This one needs some soak time.

Bob

Jo Dilbeck wrote:
Lighten up moms face a bit, I think it's too much in shadow. Not as bright as the baby, but just a little more. The vignette is a wee too dark for my taste.

Lovely photo of the two of them though!

Jo

Bob Jarman

Scott,

What intrigued me was they're both looking in the same direction.

I'm not pleased with the minimal coverage of Abby's face but think Karen has done more to bring it out.

But yes, in comparison to some others, most likely will relegate to the trash bin unless something pops out - intend to revisit Welcome To Oz 2 , image #1 for some ideas.

Bob

sbeme wrote:
Sorry Bob, I dont like this one. The baby's head right in front of the middle of Mom's face creates an awkward juxtaposition and doesnt do justice to the warmth of the actual scene. While natural, there is something odd looking about Mom's fingers as well. Maybe it's that we just see three. Maybe its that we only see one fully. I dont think this is a keeper.
But I am sure you will and have had other opportunities.
Scott

Bob Jarman

AuntiPode wrote:
Or, perhaps take it further?

AuntiPode,

You've read my mind

Bob

sbeme
Total Posts: 17303

Karen's rework does minimize some of the issues.
Scott

RustyBug
Total Posts: 12853

Took a stab at it ... along with a haircut (crop) for the pic and a wardrobe change for mom.

I wanted to do a watercolor, but couldn't quite get it go the way I wanted, so I lazied out with some canvas on the second one.

mrchile
Total Posts: 2434

I'm inclined to agree with Scott, but thought a crop might help. It migt emphasize the eyes more.
You would need to remove the vignette first.