Love story of Oleg and Olga
/forum/topic/1061234/0

kino
Total Posts: 204

Hi Everyone I want to share with you pictures of one very nice couple in love.
You can see some of my other work at www.weddingsphotoart.com
Alex

danvprod
Total Posts: 3839

They surely looked like they had fun with this session!

I like 34. It made me giggle.

MarcAnthony
Total Posts: 934

Looks like a nice couple. You weren't asking for a photo critique were you?

jeraldcook
Total Posts: 535

Looks like the couple had fun with the shoot. Is she screaming or singing in 34?

The first 32 shots look like they were shot at f/11 though.

kino

Thank you I would really appreciate critique here. First 32 shots was taken mostly with wide angle lens 24mm

danvprod
Total Posts: 3839

kino wrote:
Thank you I would really appreciate critique here. First 32 shots was taken mostly with wide angle lens 24mm

As far as critique goes, picking the right time of day goes a long ways especially when you have the options like in a portrait session like this.

Later in the afternoon when the light is less contrasty will reduce the harsh shadows. Using a lens that is opened up will reduce the distracting backgrounds in some shots.

The point is that you actually have a really good subject interaction and that goes a long way.

If you took the same shots at 5-6 PM at sunset with a 50mm f/1.4 lens opened up to f/2 or f/2.8 and you'd have a much nicer 'look' to the photos.

Other think I noticed is watch the WB on some of the shots (they look very cool). If you are using a flash (i'm thinking direct flash?) that flash color is very blue compared to the light you have in the background. I'd use a 1/4 CTO (gel) to warm up the flash a bit and balance between ambient and the flash.

Vance Zachary
Total Posts: 685

I agree with Dannyrod about the time of day if at all possible (and sometimes it is not). Also I agree with Dannyrod that throwing the background more out of focus in a few of the shots may have given more pleasing results. I also think that the subject with the most pleasing body shape (usually the female) should be placed in front. Instead you featured the guy's figure in #29, #28, #1, #39, #38, and #37 which I think most people would agree, male and female, is less pleasing than the female in these shots.

I do appreciate all of the playfulness in these shots and the taking on of the challenge of shooting in harsher and contrastier lighting. You get an A+ on that account!

kino

Looks like you are right. I wanted them both to be in focus so I used bigger f stop number, and on wide angle lens i got big depth of field. I also didnt use any flash here