Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/193

1       2       3              193      
       195              226       227       end

redisburning
Total Posts: 1094

the 50 Sonnar doesn't compare to the Planar at all really. there is a 50mm ZM planar, which is small and good enough. it's very well behaved, you know; good contrast wide open, flat field and low astigmatism. bokeh is "good" which in my world is bad.

JaKo
Total Posts: 1080

^^^ Thanks! I also must consider Voigtlander and Leica-M.
Ron Scheffler, a frequent poster on Leica forum, has interesting reviews and opinions on few Voigtlander and Zeiss ZM lenses that look very promising.

I really like Zeiss ZF performance and build quality, but their size is really gotten out of control.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2546

Krosavcheg wrote:
Ronny: in which church was the ceremony held btw?

"Listerby church" located in a small village in southern Sweden
Thanks Krosavcheg and James

Ronny _Olsson

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3298

I like your flower and macro pics Ronny..

And one more flower from me (cross-post from Fujifilm SLR thread.. I kinda suspect nobody visits that one).

Ronny _Olsson

Thank's Mescalamba
Really like your last one.. great work

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 100mm f/2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1890

I've just reported this user account to Fred...

Edd

carstenw
Total Posts: 15965

Me too. It is already locked.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1890

Carsten,

Good afternoon, and how is the fall color there? I was in Karlsruhe and Stuttgart in May, wishing I could come back and visit at this time. Perhaps next year...

Regards,

Edd

carstenw

Around Berlin the fall colours are somewhat muted, with few exceptions. Mid-greens, mid-oranges and mid-browns. If I were to drive out of Berlin there might be more colours, but I guess only central or south Germany get colours approaching the vividness of the north-eastern States and Canada. I miss Canada this time of year.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Have anyone had problem with lens barrel slipping from focusing mechanism? My 50 1.4 now shows this. I hope I can fix it. I really like this lens, which makes me more upset.

50 1.4 CY ( from the time before the problem occurred )

carstenw

On some lenses, there are three screws or so under the focusing rubber. Can you roll/peel back the rubber from one edge and test if these are tight?

Toothwalker
Total Posts: 1349

akul wrote:
Have anyone had problem with lens barrel slipping from focusing mechanism? My 50 1.4 now shows this. I hope I can fix it. I really like this lens, which makes me more upset.

I have lost infinity focus on several Zeiss Y/C lenses in the course of time, which sounds like the same problem. You can simply tighten the screws hidden under the rubber grip.

carstenw

How do you line it up right before tightening?

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3298

Good question.. I suppose my copy doesnt focus exactly on infinity either (maybe at f8 due DOF). Tho its better after I put it to parts and then back together, it was quite bad when I got it. No clue what I did, I just tightened everything up.

dcjs
Total Posts: 398

carstenw wrote:
How do you line it up right before tightening?

Let's say the ring is loose and you don't reach infinity (most likely case), you turn the (loose) ring in the other direction (away from the infinity stop) a fair bit and tighten the screws. Then you'll be able to dial past infinity. Now you set the focus exactly at infinity, loosen the screws, then turn the (loose) ring to the infinity stop and tighten the screws again. Done.

wfrank
Total Posts: 2971

Apologize for lack of variation in my photography lately (in case someone noticed) but here's the old trusted 5D2 with the CY 28-85 today - Autumn galore. Continuing Luka's Volvo theme :-)

Grenache
Total Posts: 1935

Second shot really has great flow.

Why doesn't Volvo make roadsters any more?!?!?

I have one of their SUVs, and it is a great car, but it doesn't feel like driving that would.

Jim

carstenw

Berlin is just grey these days. D800, 50P@f/2:

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 5292

Yeah - that Volvo is a sweet car. What model and year is that? I will be looking for a car to restore (in the next 5yrs) and this model/year would be great!

1       2       3              193      
       195              226       227       end