Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/192

1       2       3              192      
193
       194              214       215       end

James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4237
Country: United States

Awesome stitch JayT, and Ronny...what kind of flowers are these that you shoot so often - they are wonderful. Similar petals to mums. Your lake shot reminded me of one I took...hope you don't mind me adding it here. This is a small woodland lake on the Leelanau peninsula in Michigan. Zeiss Ikoflex/Tessar 75mm on Velvia 50.







Ho1972
Registered: Dec 02, 2007
Total Posts: 1195
Country: United States

ZF 2/35 + pk 12 extension tube.



serhan_
Registered: May 08, 2006
Total Posts: 384
Country: United States

Nex 6 + Contax g 90mm 2.8



Mescalamba
Registered: Jul 06, 2011
Total Posts: 2930
Country: Czech Republic

James Markus wrote:
Awesome stitch JayT, and Ronny...what kind of flowers are these that you shoot so often - they are wonderful. Similar petals to mums. Your lake shot reminded me of one I took...hope you don't mind me adding it here. This is a small woodland lake on the Leelanau peninsula in Michigan. Zeiss Ikoflex/Tessar 75mm on Velvia 50.



I thought that those colors are somewhat different and suspiciously good at first glance. And behold, its a film.

Its great!



Taylor Sherman
Registered: Mar 26, 2012
Total Posts: 990
Country: United States

Mescalamba wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Awesome stitch JayT, and Ronny...what kind of flowers are these that you shoot so often - they are wonderful. Similar petals to mums. Your lake shot reminded me of one I took...hope you don't mind me adding it here. This is a small woodland lake on the Leelanau peninsula in Michigan. Zeiss Ikoflex/Tessar 75mm on Velvia 50.



I thought that those colors are somewhat different and suspiciously good at first glance. And behold, its a film.

Its great!


+1



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4237
Country: United States

Thanks...Velvia is great. I particularly loved printing them on Cibachrome.


Taylor Sherman wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
James Markus wrote:
Awesome stitch JayT, and Ronny...what kind of flowers are these that you shoot so often - they are wonderful. Similar petals to mums. Your lake shot reminded me of one I took...hope you don't mind me adding it here. This is a small woodland lake on the Leelanau peninsula in Michigan. Zeiss Ikoflex/Tessar 75mm on Velvia 50.



I thought that those colors are somewhat different and suspiciously good at first glance. And behold, its a film.

Its great!


+1



Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 1851
Country: Sweden

Thank's
Awesome shot James


Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Mescalamba
Registered: Jul 06, 2011
Total Posts: 2930
Country: Czech Republic

Nice styling..



Grenache
Registered: Dec 18, 2008
Total Posts: 1795
Country: United States

Ronny, I can't comment on HiTech, but I own a Lee system and simply love it. The filters are hard to find in the States, but checking a few vendors I usually can get what I want. Their 3-pack filter sets save you about a third on cost. That is how I bought my grad NDs and I picked up a colored cluster of three that way too.

Lee Big Stopper is phenomenal...just need to color correct the somewhat blue cast. Can't argue with a ~1000-fold brightness reduction in a light piece of glass. Circular polarizer is also top notch.

Jim



Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 1851
Country: Sweden

Vsco-film

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 1851
Country: Sweden

Forgot to reset the cpu but it is Zeiss 35 f2


Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Mescalamba
Registered: Jul 06, 2011
Total Posts: 2930
Country: Czech Republic



Edit: Replaced with clean and sharpened photo. Someone complained about lack of sharpness.

Usual setup of S5 Pro + C/Y 50 1.4 @ f8.



wiseguy010
Registered: Mar 08, 2009
Total Posts: 638
Country: Netherlands

The new "Otus" is coming very soon:

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20131005_2-Zeiss-Otus-55f1_4.html

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/10/zeiss-55-f1-4-distagon-availability-coming-in-the-next-24-hours-cr2/

Now run to the shop and get one.

It will be interesting to see what characteristics this lens has and what other lenses are planned.



Chetan Kulkarn
Registered: Mar 12, 2006
Total Posts: 118
Country: Australia

I have a bit of an abstract question. I have recently acquired a Zeiss 50 f/2 Makro Planar ZE. And the color, contrast and sharpness are absolutely stunning. I am thinking of upgrading my wide angle to a Zeiss 21 f/2.8 Distagon ZE.

I was just wondering based on experience if the details and clarity of the 21mm are at par with the 50 MP? I just fear I might be disappointed with anything else after using the 50MP. The only other alternative I have in mind is the Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L II. Which brings the benefit of zoom though it may not be at par in terms of contrast and sharpness.

Any views would be welcome!



Rajan Parrikar
Registered: Sep 09, 2006
Total Posts: 1203
Country: United States

Chetan Kulkarn wrote:
I have a bit of an abstract question. I have recently acquired a Zeiss 50 f/2 Makro Planar ZE. And the color, contrast and sharpness are absolutely stunning. I am thinking of upgrading my wide angle to a Zeiss 21 f/2.8 Distagon ZE.

I was just wondering based on experience if the details and clarity of the 21mm are at par with the 50 MP? I just fear I might be disappointed with anything else after using the 50MP. The only other alternative I have in mind is the Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L II. Which brings the benefit of zoom though it may not be at par in terms of contrast and sharpness.

Any views would be welcome!


In my experience, the comparable wide angle foil to the ZE 50 MP is the Canon TS-E 24 L II.



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4237
Country: United States

Zeiss TLR - I think it is tri-x film (to lazy to check)







EDIT...this is the view north from Sleeping Bear in Michigan.


Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 1851
Country: Sweden

My dear cousin child baptism that I had the honor to shoot
85 P @ f1.4

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



James Markus
Registered: Jul 20, 2005
Total Posts: 4237
Country: United States


Ronny, Excellent isolation from the background, and facial expressions.



Krosavcheg
Registered: Apr 10, 2006
Total Posts: 2657
Country: Japan

Ronny: in which church was the ceremony held btw?



JaKo
Registered: Aug 08, 2011
Total Posts: 801
Country: Canada

I am looking for opinions or comparison reviews on Zeiss ZM lenses and their ZE/ZF equivalents, specifically 21, 25 and 50mm.

I plan to add Sony NEX FF to my camera bag primarily as a compact option to my DSLR setup. The idea is to use physically smaller lenses like Leitaxed Leica-R 28, 35 , 50 and Nikkor AI-s 50 with NEX while DSLR would be used with bigger lenses like Zeiss 35, and MP50, 100. Said that, it looks like even smaller lenses with F to E mount adapter will make this Sony NEX + F mount lenses combo look fairly large and awkward, so I am considering replacing some of my larger Zeiss ZF lenses with smaller ZM equivalents.

So, how 21mm, 25mm Biogons and 50mm Sonar compare to ZF Distagons and Plannar?

Thank you



1       2       3              192      
193
       194              214       215       end