Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
/forum/topic/1009161/192

1       2       3              192      
       194              214       215       end

James Markus
Total Posts: 4237

Awesome stitch JayT, and Ronny...what kind of flowers are these that you shoot so often - they are wonderful. Similar petals to mums. Your lake shot reminded me of one I took...hope you don't mind me adding it here. This is a small woodland lake on the Leelanau peninsula in Michigan. Zeiss Ikoflex/Tessar 75mm on Velvia 50.

Ho1972
Total Posts: 1195

ZF 2/35 + pk 12 extension tube.

serhan_
Total Posts: 384

Nex 6 + Contax g 90mm 2.8

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 2930

James Markus wrote:
Awesome stitch JayT, and Ronny...what kind of flowers are these that you shoot so often - they are wonderful. Similar petals to mums. Your lake shot reminded me of one I took...hope you don't mind me adding it here. This is a small woodland lake on the Leelanau peninsula in Michigan. Zeiss Ikoflex/Tessar 75mm on Velvia 50.

I thought that those colors are somewhat different and suspiciously good at first glance. And behold, its a film.

Its great!

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 990

Mescalamba wrote:
James Markus wrote:

I thought that those colors are somewhat different and suspiciously good at first glance. And behold, its a film.

Its great!

+1

James Markus

Thanks...Velvia is great. I particularly loved printing them on Cibachrome.

Taylor Sherman wrote:
Mescalamba wrote:
James Markus wrote:

Its great!

+1

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1851

Thank's
Awesome shot James

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mescalamba

Nice styling..

Grenache
Total Posts: 1795

Ronny, I can't comment on HiTech, but I own a Lee system and simply love it. The filters are hard to find in the States, but checking a few vendors I usually can get what I want. Their 3-pack filter sets save you about a third on cost. That is how I bought my grad NDs and I picked up a colored cluster of three that way too.

Lee Big Stopper is phenomenal...just need to color correct the somewhat blue cast. Can't argue with a ~1000-fold brightness reduction in a light piece of glass. Circular polarizer is also top notch.

Jim

Ronny _Olsson

Vsco-film

Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/21 ZF 2 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Ronny _Olsson

Forgot to reset the cpu but it is Zeiss 35 f2

Carl zeiss distagon T* 2/35 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mescalamba

Edit: Replaced with clean and sharpened photo. Someone complained about lack of sharpness.

Usual setup of S5 Pro + C/Y 50 1.4 @ f8.

wiseguy010
Total Posts: 638

The new "Otus" is coming very soon:

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20131005_2-Zeiss-Otus-55f1_4.html

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/10/zeiss-55-f1-4-distagon-availability-coming-in-the-next-24-hours-cr2/

Now run to the shop and get one.

It will be interesting to see what characteristics this lens has and what other lenses are planned.

Chetan Kulkarn
Total Posts: 118

I have a bit of an abstract question. I have recently acquired a Zeiss 50 f/2 Makro Planar ZE. And the color, contrast and sharpness are absolutely stunning. I am thinking of upgrading my wide angle to a Zeiss 21 f/2.8 Distagon ZE.

I was just wondering based on experience if the details and clarity of the 21mm are at par with the 50 MP? I just fear I might be disappointed with anything else after using the 50MP. The only other alternative I have in mind is the Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L II. Which brings the benefit of zoom though it may not be at par in terms of contrast and sharpness.

Any views would be welcome!

Rajan Parrikar
Total Posts: 1203

Chetan Kulkarn wrote:
I have a bit of an abstract question. I have recently acquired a Zeiss 50 f/2 Makro Planar ZE. And the color, contrast and sharpness are absolutely stunning. I am thinking of upgrading my wide angle to a Zeiss 21 f/2.8 Distagon ZE.

I was just wondering based on experience if the details and clarity of the 21mm are at par with the 50 MP? I just fear I might be disappointed with anything else after using the 50MP. The only other alternative I have in mind is the Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L II. Which brings the benefit of zoom though it may not be at par in terms of contrast and sharpness.

Any views would be welcome!

In my experience, the comparable wide angle foil to the ZE 50 MP is the Canon TS-E 24 L II.

James Markus

Zeiss TLR - I think it is tri-x film (to lazy to check)

EDIT...this is the view north from Sleeping Bear in Michigan.

Ronny _Olsson

My dear cousin child baptism that I had the honor to shoot
85 P @ f1.4

Carl Zeiss 1.4/85 ZF by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

James Markus

Ronny, Excellent isolation from the background, and facial expressions.

Krosavcheg
Total Posts: 2657

Ronny: in which church was the ceremony held btw?

JaKo
Total Posts: 801

I am looking for opinions or comparison reviews on Zeiss ZM lenses and their ZE/ZF equivalents, specifically 21, 25 and 50mm.

I plan to add Sony NEX FF to my camera bag primarily as a compact option to my DSLR setup. The idea is to use physically smaller lenses like Leitaxed Leica-R 28, 35 , 50 and Nikkor AI-s 50 with NEX while DSLR would be used with bigger lenses like Zeiss 35, and MP50, 100. Said that, it looks like even smaller lenses with F to E mount adapter will make this Sony NEX + F mount lenses combo look fairly large and awkward, so I am considering replacing some of my larger Zeiss ZF lenses with smaller ZM equivalents.

So, how 21mm, 25mm Biogons and 50mm Sonar compare to ZF Distagons and Plannar?

Thank you

1       2       3              192      
       194              214       215       end